• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6196 posts in this topic

Posted

omg do you mean she saved the receipt for a cafe so that she could get a tax return (since she can likely swing it that she went there "for work" and therefore get it covered....just like editing at home can get you returns on your rent) and shes complaining about the effort of merely KEEPING a receipt???????

im telling yall idc what joan says i WANT her life of lazy luxury

In Korea, you can deduct sales tax from your annual tax that you pay. I remember my mom used to do this in the past, although I think Sunny is right and the system is more digital/automated now.

Posted

im curious about what "special" thing she does for the 100th vlog of season 2 

i have a feeling she won't be doing a "season 3" at all since she seems to hate everything about vlogging other than the money (i.e. people asking questions about people they don't see anymore like you're literally filming your life and acting like it's a tv show with seasons and episodes, if a character wasn't in episodes anymore people are gonna notice and ask about it like yes this is real life but acting like people asking questions about rather or not she's still friends with someone is random and they're just asking to be annoying is farfetched) 

she'll probably do weeklys if that honestly 

Posted

That camera is $4000???? Oh my goodness. Speechless 

Posted (edited)

The vlog where bought the Leica. So her explanation for buying one was that she was sooooo jealous of her other Korean vlogger friends who also own the Leica Q because their Instagram photos always look so good and she wants to up her IG game. She also said that the camera will be good for taking lookbook videos. 

SmartSelect_20181119-090758_Instagram.thtaken from her IG: I'm guessing this is the first shot she posted taken by the Leica Q. Any thoughts? imo it's definitely better than her other IG photos but I don't really see the wow factor of spending 4k usd to achieve this. Hopefully she gets more practice with the photo editing as well. And she NEEDS TO STOP shrinking her head in her edits, it looks ridiculous. 

Doesn't Joan have a DSLR or something? Instead of buying a expensive new camera, she can invest in a nice lens or something. Or if she finds a DSLR too heavy, get a mirrorless camera that doesn't cost $4000.

I'm not a professional photographer or anything, but photography is my hobby (placed in a few contests and such). My pet peeve is when people ask me what camera I use to take my photos. Like sure, an expensive camera can make your life easier and improve the quality of photos, but if you don't understand composition, lighting, etc, they're still shitty photos.

The things wrong with Joan's photo (I don't specialize in portrait photography but there are a few flaws I can see): 

- Way too much room above the head and not enough room below her feet. It makes the photo awkwardly balanced and way too tight feeling at the bottom.

- She's smack in the middle of the pic. She should follow the rule of thirds, where the subject is slightly off centre, as that's where our eyes are naturally drawn to. 

Edited by fakehoe
Typo

Posted

i've been making jokes with my friend for months about how joan would probably drop mad money on a leica just because jennie/bp had one, but i can't believe she actually went through with it. imagine dropping 4k on a camera that you probably researched like max a day on just because it's gonna help ~up your ig game~ like... joan, your ig game is Horrible? i'm sorry, but you don't exactly have one decent pic in your entire feed.

also, what is she doing with the other 500 cameras she has back home? didn't she buy all of them with the same, old reason of "i think it'll make my photos/videos look so good, the quality is amazing" ??? she makes me so irrationally angry sometimes. i'm so entirely bitter over how she's living this easy, lazy ass life of filming different versions of the same crap every single time, while crying over how hard it's been for her because she can't socialize or be her normal bitch self on camera. but oh! oh! look at my new, expensive camera! it's gonna help me take better photos! i have no artistic sense at all with my fashion, makeup, or photography/videography, but look! the quality! Amazing!

ugh plz ignore this i'm so Angry

here's a couple of screenshots that made my eyes roll. leica is legit!

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Posted

Doesn't Joan have a DSLR or something? Instead of buying a expensive new camera, she can invest in a nice lens or something. Or if she finds a DSLR too heavy, get a mirrorless camera that doesn't cost $4000.

She has two mirrorless already. She has the M10 and she bought another one not even a year ago at the airport, I can't remember the model but it's also an M series from Canon. Never seen her use it. 

Posted

the problem with joan is that she owns way too many things: too many bags, too much clothes, too many cameras ... as someone who is trying to be more minimalistic with their life it hurts me to see her spend so much money buying a bunch of shit all the time ......she doesn't even use most of her bags/cameras ffs...... her life is just filled with STUFF that she doesn't need and she needs to chill -_-

Posted

But she is living so minimalistically u guyzzzzz

Posted

If only she applied the rule "less is more" into her lifestyle. Too bad that's not the case.

Posted

I'm not a professional photographer or anything, but photography is my hobby (placed in a few contests and such). My pet peeve is when people ask me what camera I use to take my photos. Like sure, an expensive camera can make your life easier and improve the quality of photos, but if you don't understand composition, lighting, etc, they're still shitty photos.

The things wrong with Joan's photo (I don't specialize in portrait photography but there are a few flaws I can see): 

- Way too much room above the head and not enough room below her feet. It makes the photo awkwardly balanced and way too tight feeling at the bottom.

- She's smack in the middle of the pic. She should follow the rule of thirds, where the subject is slightly off centre, as that's where our eyes are naturally drawn to. 

Also, her head is too small and her feet are HUGE. Joan doesn't have that small of a head nor does she have giant feet. 

Posted

She really think she Casey Neistat with all these cameras lol but at least Casey puts good use to all those cameras.

Posted

My $500 canon looks better than her leica shots tbh. It's all about what you make out of the camera (and the editing) 

Posted

She has two mirrorless already. She has the M10 and she bought another one not even a year ago at the airport, I can't remember the model but it's also an M series from Canon. Never seen her use it. 

Huh. When Joan preaches about being sustainable but keeps buying more things 🤷