• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7366 posts in this topic

Posted

I had fun reading the comments for that video (oh shyt I just spent 5 minutes reading comments and posting here better go find me a second job)

*warning long post of screenshots ahead*

I like it how her brother and edward defend her. Shes like 26 or something, she should be able to defend herself. 

Also if you had a bunch of people come up and say the ad you post is promoting colorism, it is probably promoting colorism.

Posted

Her makeup looks really nice in that video tho! 

My main disappointment with the Reformation haul had nothing to do with her other purchases (we are human, we fuck up while shopping, it's chill). I was just really disappointed that her fucking merch is literally fast fashion! 

Posted

Are Eddie and Abe responding to that one comment only?? It isn’t even that bad, nor does it call Joan a hypocrite. Can you infer that? Sure, probably, but for such a mild comment to cause such a fuss among her defenders is very weird to me.

Posted

Are Eddie and Abe responding to that one comment only?? It isn’t even that bad, nor does it call Joan a hypocrite. Can you infer that? Sure, probably, but for such a mild comment to cause such a fuss among her defenders is very weird to me.

Abe posted a comment saying that the video is 26 minutes but within 23 minutes there were already 4 dislikes. He pointed out that those were haters since they probably didn't watch the video. 

Posted

Abe posted a comment saying that the video is 26 minutes but within 23 minutes there were already 4 dislikes. He pointed out that those were haters since they probably didn't watch the video. 

lol whatt...  because no one has ever made their mind up about anything without either speeding up a video or not waiting for someone to finally make their point at the last minute. Joan and other influencers open themselves up to scrutiny. It comes with the territory. Her problem is that she says a lot without saying anything at all, which would be fine if she wasn’t so pedantic. But sure, hyperfocusing on the people who dislike you and your content instead of WHY they might not like it is reallyyyyy productive.

Posted (edited)

Maybe I'm dumb but saying she loves tanning but she doesn't like tan lines makes no sense to me.....like, unless you get completely naked at the beach you will always have tan lines, that's just how it works. Now to even out tan lines you can either tan the parts that don't get sun.....or lighten your skin up again to even out the skin tone. But then what the f*ck is the point in tanning in the first place??

This may be petty but her arguments as to why she doesn't promote colorism are just dumb as hell and I hate that she gets a pass for it 

Edited by Eyelashestoolong
Autocorrect strikes again

Posted

omg i watched that portion and she was 100% panicking. "some people were commenting asking others to go to that forum and i was just like.......... why?" WHY NOT JOAN? what are you afraid of if everything here is like what you said, made up and false? the way she spoke sounded so bitchy wow she totally sound and look like a different person, in a bad way, from when i first started watching her. 

guess u can't hide your true colors forever.

Posted

Maybe I'm dumb but saying she loves tanning but she doesn't like tan lines makes no sense to me.....like, unless you get completely naked at the people you will always have tan lines, that's just how it works. Now to even out tan lines you can either tan the parts that don't get sun.....or lighten your skin up again to even out the skin tone. But then what the f*ck is the point in tanning in the first place??

This may be petty but her arguments as to why she doesn't promote colorism are just dumb as hell and I hate that she gets a pass for it 

I don't think she ever intended to promote colorism, the collab was purely for business purposes and for Joan to earn some money. She'll never set foot into such controversial topics because she "loves to spread positivity", also her lack of proper English speaking skills will never allow her to properly defend herself if she really tries to address the issue. Which was a stupid move on her part because it meant that she had never thought through the potential problems the collab would bring when the company approached her. She should have been aware that her audience are mostly from all over the world and some do care about colorism and racism issues. So now she's caught up in this "controversy" and she doesn't know how to explain herself because the insta post is already up and the company has already paid her. Hence the stupid "I'm just trying to even out my tan lines" rubbish. It's simply an excuse because she can't take down that post, otherwise she has to compensate the money she had received.

Posted (edited)

hi Joan, I know you'll read this

take these comments as fuel to fire up your desire to change yourself for the better. staying ignorant and claiming haters will be haters isn't going to benefit you in the long run. 99.9% of people here on this THREAD (not forum, cause this whole forum isn't about you sweetie) were or are fans of you. you don't get haters randomly, people would've had to watch your content before making that decision to either like or "hate" you. 

please for the love of God, brush up on your speaking skills, you're technically a korean American Youtuber.

being lazy won't get you anywhere, your koreaboo audience will grow up and move on. your lackluster content won't hold them up for long sweetie.

Edited by milkytea

Posted

lurker here, just as I thought her crying video was unbearable she posts that. Joan can do no wrong, Joan is perfect, Joan surrounds herself with the same minded people so she doesn't have to get called out irl.

"i take my work home. my work is 24/7"   Am I supposed to feel sorry? The behind the scenes stuff may not be enjoyable but filming on holiday, spending the whole day in cafes, (poorly) reviewing products she gets free, that's hardly any work I would complain about. It's work but it's not hard work. 

Waiting for the day she realises no one is out to get her. Everyone here was a viewer who enjoyed her content at one point and we genuinely want her to change for the better.