• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7296 posts in this topic

Posted

Joan made a good move by cutting her hair short- she has a long face so longer hair accentuates the length even more. Plus it's freaking hot in Seoul. What bothers me a lot is how her eyebrows are completely of different colour from her hair... Plus Joan's skin tone wouldn't suit grey. I'm kinda surprised how there seems to be no English speaking youtuber taking about Personal Colours when it's super trendy in Korea...? So many Korean cosmetic brands like Etude and Clio have divided their products for Warm and Cool tones, and some even going more specific into the main 4 Personal Colours (Spring warm, autumn warm, winter cool, summer cool, etc). 

The seasons were trendy in the 80s, and it's still referenced like in Justine Le Conte or any other stylist channels. It's kinda old-school. I believe it was also mentioned in Safiya Nygaard's 'I Got A "Perfect" Makeover' video with Stacy London. 

Posted

I have been lurking for a while and just created an account because I had to comment on how much I hate Joan’s hair. I think Joan isn’t blessed as the most gorgeous girl ever, but she definitely isn’t ugly. This terrible hair has me thinking otherwise. I think the length makes her face look even bigger/wider and the color isn’t suitable for her skin tone. Blonde or grey hair look better on people who give 2 sh*ts about their makeup and outfits, so they actually have a look. Joan doesn’t have beautiful skin and her makeup skills aren’t stellar. Her fashion choices and lack of style seem to be getting worse, so I don’t understand why she would pick such a high maintenance hair color that doesn’t even suit her. I think she looked so much better in that old photo with the Rebecca Minkoff purse in all black. .... Girl needs to go back in time.

- sorry for the long rant - 

Posted

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but in the vlog when Ashley was touching her hair, Joan actually said she takes good care of her hair. Taking care of your hair also means trying to maintain its color, Joan. 9_9

lmao.png

Posted

^her face after she said that though, seems like someone's guiltyScreenshot_2018-07-26-19-31-45.thumb.jpgAlso I have so much to say after watching this vlog

Screenshot_2018-07-26-19-32-18.thumb.jpgnot sure what she meant by taking good care of her hair. Looks like hay to me

Screenshot_2018-07-26-19-32-01.thumb.jpgand as much as I dislike Edward I feel like we have a connection somehow because his face was me when I first saw Joan's hair

Screenshot_2018-07-26-19-32-32.thumb.jpgwhen Joan kept going on about how the cafe was "ash-thetic". Same Edward, same

Screenshot_2018-07-26-19-32-50.thumb.jpgnot sure if anyone else noticed but the moment MOMA appeared her body language and voice totally changed. She was talking in this cutesy voice, giggling when he was talking and was leaned over a whole lot to his side

Posted

I still get the "I'm not straight"- vibe from Moma, but I can always be wrong. It really weirded me out the way Joan acted towards him, especially since I don't think he is straight. :alpacaconfused:

Posted

hi! new to the site and thread but can i just say, joan's obsession with gentle monster is annoying af

:notimp:

Posted

Her hair also looks so frizzy and thick (just like Qwon's?)... 

Well they both had their hair done by the same guy at the same salon so that's probably why.

I know they all get their hair done for free but does anyone know of this Lumio place is actually a good hair salon? I feel like every youtuber who has been sponsored by them always leave with terrible and damaged hair and if I was watching an advertisement for a salon and the person's hair was this dead I'd never trust it.

If the hair dresser/salon is horrible is it really worth going there every week and getting your hair damaged because they do it for free?

Posted

god dammit.

in the last picture posted (the one where everyone commented on how impressed they were with how she looked), i was so impressed with her look and her makeup and thought she was moving in the right direction

and then this nonsense happens. sorry but i dont like this look at all. i think she looks even more like a tryhard/trying hard to be a kpop idol. i almost hope she really leans in and dyes her hair green after nancy cuz i just wanna see the mess that 100% will be

also kind of OT but i bleached my hair for like a year and kept imagining it would look ash blonde without realizing how much effort that was (on top of bleaching my roots every 5 weeks or so...which is expensive in korea) before eventually going back to brown and having everyone be like "why did you dye your hair blonde? you look better like this" so tons of money gone and damage to my hair gained for nothing...; aka Joan really needs to use purple shampoo cuz this orangey-blonde look is doing her NO favors imho

I tried having silver/grey ends and it turned out well however maintaining the color was hell. you literally had to wash your hair 1-2 times a week. for me who works out almost every day and gets greasy hair quite quickly this ended up with orange ends instead lol I've dyed my hair for almost 7 years and last month I finally decided to go back to my natural hair color, you wouldn't believe the positive comments I get from people. I never knew my natural hair color would suit me so well lol. This is what Joan needs to do. Stick to her natural hair, or in general, darker. She looks like her mom wanted to be one of the cool kids so she went vintage shopping at a 90s store, and bleached her hair with that cheap store bought kit, and bleached it at home.

Posted

DjEWeg6XgAAAs-J.jpg:large

Joan, your flat lay needs work. Too many brand names competing for attention so the viewer isn't sure what you are advertising.

Posted

Joan, your flat lay needs work. Too many brand names competing for attention so the viewer isn't sure what you are advertising.

Once again she has to show off those jennie earrings

Posted (edited)

Once again she has to show off those jennie earrings

Those are actually different Jennie earrings from the last ones. She went out and bought MORE Jennie earrings!

Screenshot_20180726-192340_Chrome.thumb.Screenshot_20180726-192355_Chrome.thumb.(Here is the link)

Did Joan buy every pair of earrings Jennie wore from this brand?! Both these earrings and the other ones she bought are cost over $50 each!

Edited by Serenity

Posted

Not to mention that the red cup really clashes with the "ashthetic" of everything else.

Posted (edited)

this part was hilarious!! i like how eddie actually includes small edits like that and he makes an effort to speak some Korean and includes subtitles. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 6.55.29 PM.png

Edited by Koreanskincare

Posted

i'm just ..... confused ......... why is the freaking apple mouse in the shot even?? like actually can this girl do anything right for once