• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7808 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

IMG_8840.thumb.PNG.1b958b3d21c5d70e46606

Can someone tell me what's that "pose" Joan is doing with her hand cuz she's doing it every other ig story i swear.

Is there an idol doing this? Or is she just trying to have her own "signature pose"??? The only thing she can call hers??

Tbh it looks kinda dumb but maybe it's the facial expression she's pulling.

It looks dumb because she looks like she's pressing her nose and that ain't a cute pose. Maybe she's just showing off her Blackpink nails. It will be ridiculous if an idol is doing this and she chose to copy. 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

Can someone tell me what's that "pose" Joan is doing with her hand cuz she's doing it every other ig story i swear.

Is there an idol doing this? Or is she just trying to have her own "signature pose"??? The only thing she can call hers??

Agreed. She does this in every single story and none of her expressions ever look good. 

Screen_Shot_2018-06-25_at_10.29.26_PM.th

Saw this on Irene (the model)'s Instagram and in comparison to Joan, Jessica looks like a freaking goddess (as usual) while doing this pose.

Posted

I don't want to sound mean but her facial expressions make me feel so uncomfortable. It's like the kid who stares at you in class and when you catch them staring at you, they don't look away. She looks like she's touching soggy bread or something. I have no idea but it makes me feel really weird. I hope she just smiles more. Someone, please tell me I'm not the only one. 

Again, I'm not trying to be mean or anything of the sort. It's just her expressions are getting to me...:alpacadone:

Posted

Is it just me but it seems that she’s getting old as the day passes by? Like the number of lines on her face increased? 

6FDE8E6C-0D63-4AD6-8C06-E0DD1CAB64F7.png

6C975B33-5427-415D-A920-6D0451E4EF80.png

Posted

looks like a failed attempt on this lol she's so freaking awkward

C8qdgNBUQAEx21L.thumb.jpg.691568811a0ba8

Posted

looks like a failed attempt on this lol she's so freaking awkward
C8qdgNBUQAEx21L.thumb.jpg.691568811a0ba8

But what they're doing is a peace sign, she's using her whole hand???

I know completely ripping off other people's.. well anything and everything (esp. Blackpink), is Joan's style but she can't even copy people properly. So, then what can she do ¬¬

Posted

I know completely ripping off other people's.. well anything and everything (esp. Blackpink), is Joan's style but she can't even copy people properly. So, then what can she do ¬¬

I agree, what he is doing is a peace sign and is she even into him? 

My guess is that she dd it randomly and found out that she looks good with half of her face covered so now that's her signature go-to pose. :S Like after seeing her new Instagram post, I think she's better off sticking to this dumb pose. 

Posted

I think that pose is weird regardless of whether idols do it. Is it supposed to be one of those things people do to show "aegyo"? (Ignorant non-Korean here).

Posted

Did she just steal Angela's DHL tshirt? Also those boots need to go, the platforms are not doing her any favours. And she looks like she's trying to poop in this pose. Cannot unsee.

At least she left her chin alone this time.

Screenshot_20180626-142904-01.jpeg

Posted

My guess is that she dd it randomly and found out that she looks good with half of her face covered so now that's her signature go-to pose. :S 

Loved this explanation. ‘I think I look best when you can’t really see me’. 

I’m not sure if it would bother me so much if it wasn’t for Joan trying to come across like this styling/fashion expert. Same for a lot of what she does actually. Her half-assed fitness routine that’s seemingly based on no knowledge of the topic at all, her skincare tips, etc. 

Posted (edited)

What irks me these days is that Joan’s content, fashion, makeup/beauty, skin care and personality has gone down through the drain compared to her earlier days as a Youtuber. Is she satisfied that at age 25/26, she’s been buying clothes from a trendy girlgroup, aka was “inspired” by them, does vlogging and other boring, repetitive video content while her brother actually edits them and gives excuses that she’s stressed out and gets tired easily by doing the bare minimum? Isn’t she embarrassed that we all know these things? Get a grip, Joan Kim.

Edited by bondgirl

Posted

Taehyung doing that pose makes sense bc his stagename is V. Hers makes no sense

Posted

i feel like ive actually seen a similar pose that koreans do, but its more like this (which is a screenshot of a dance from mixnine):

Screen_Shot_2018-06-26_at_5.05.00_PM.thu

that kind of pose is a bit ridiculous for a selfie but not weird or ugly

joans is, as like everything she does, a poor imitation that does her no favors

seriously every now and then she takes a good photo where she just looks normal and isnt making some weird face or posing strangely and isnt hunching her shoulders....but the majority of time its like she goes out of her way to make herself look bad

idk why she hasnt improved when of all the things she actually does, she spends the most time it seems looking at herself on camera or taking pictures of herself (since its not like she does any amazing filming and she doesnt edit her own videos so....)

Posted

I thought it was just a poorly disguised attempt to hide her smile lines that makes her look older than she really is....

Posted

I thought it was just a poorly disguised attempt to hide her smile lines that makes her look older than she really is....

WAIT. That actually makes sense for all the weird facial expressions she does.

The mouth slightly open, the kissy (or duck??) face, pouting.

None of these make her smile lines prominent so maybe that's why her mouth is always awkward looking. She doesn't want to showcase how old she looks by smiling.