youtube Joankeem / Joanday

4580 posts in this topic

Posted

She needs to stop wearing those sunglasses so low. It's a trendy way to wear them yes, but it's not for everyone and most certainly not for Joan. She's not someone who has an edgy style and if her eyes are going to look half dead or unfocused or drunk-looking, she's better off covering them with the sunglasses. I agree that the photo looks off because she's just sitting in the middle of a walkway with no mat whatsoever. It's not like she went on a picnic, who sits on the ground to read a frickin book? At least sit on a bench. o.O The person who took her photo should help her arrange her bangs too. 

Posted

She needs to stop wearing those sunglasses so low. It's a trendy way to wear them yes, but it's not for everyone and most certainly not for Joan. She's not someone who has an edgy style and if her eyes are going to look half dead or unfocused or drunk-looking, she's better off covering them with the sunglasses. I agree that the photo looks off because she's just sitting in the middle of a walkway with no mat whatsoever. It's not like she went on a picnic, who sits on the ground to read a frickin book? At least sit on a bench. o.O The person who took her photo should help her arrange her bangs too. 

lol so true. My legs get numb after 10 minutes trying to sit like that and I'm sure my ass would get sore as well if I was sitting on that. The picture is just dumb. 

Posted

she's really not talented at posing. all her poses looks so fake and unnatural. it's all the same open mouth (the perfume and book pose) and the hair curler pose makes her look ugly. 

IMG_1313.PNG

Posted

She sounds exactly like Jenn Im with the way she speaks and her facial mannerisms as she expresses. Joan doesn't have one creative bone in her body. Everything she does/buys/says is a direct copy of someone else whether it be a kpop idol or Jenn. 

Posted

Her hand movements are constant like she's a conductor. Worst of all She's not even saying anything.  Every time she says a number she gotta express it with her fingers. I used to move my hands a lot to when I was a kid but I don't think I was as bad as Joan.... I listened to the video 2x and fast forwarded parts and it still felt too slow. 

Posted

She's obviously doing the low sunglasses trend to hide her big alas and nostrils.

Posted (edited)

Her hand movements are constant like she's a conductor. Worst of all She's not even saying anything.  Every time she says a number she gotta express it with her fingers. I used to move my hands a lot to when I was a kid but I don't think I was as bad as Joan.... I listened to the video 2x and fast forwarded parts and it still felt too slow. 

Jenn Im does that too. 

she's really not talented at posing. all her poses looks so fake and unnatural. it's all the same open mouth (the perfume and book pose) and the hair curler pose makes her look ugly. 

IMG_1313.PNG

This thumbnail looks so kiddy and so is her hairstyle and outfit. She look nothing like a beauty guru and I agree, her expressions and poses looks fake especially the book photo. 

I remember her talking about how she has so many new content ideas when she was in the USA. Where are they? 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

Joan didn't even make the thumbnail. xD

So she doesn't do her thumbnails and doesn't edit her own videos, what exactly does she even do???? 

Screenshot_20180529-220336_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Shhh I always listen to her talk video at 2x or at least 1.5x cause it's fking slow and she sounds too tired

Posted

I wonder if Abe is actually going to medical school? 

As in, I looked at his linkedin and it seems like he's interested in occupational therapy...so I wonder if he's going to get his doctorate in occupational therapy and dumb Joan is mistaking that as going to med school (because I would not consider those two to be the same thing...)

Posted

What happened to all the plans she made with Angela? I thought she was going to be Joans graphic designer? Maybe she wanted to be paid and Joan said no? I really don't understand! They spent so much time talking about it and planning it together and it just dissolved into hot air?

Posted (edited)

What happened to all the plans she made with Angela? I thought she was going to be Joans graphic designer? Maybe she wanted to be paid and Joan said no? I really don't understand! They spent so much time talking about it and planning it together and it just dissolved into hot air?

Do you think Joan is paying whoever is doing her thumbnails now? Those thumbnails don't look like they're worth paying tbh..., no offense to Melodyskim, but her thumbnail just look like a bunch of cut and pastes with some paint strokes photoshop brushes downloded for free online... Look at the white leaves at the background, the resolution is grainy. A paid, real, graphic designer wouldn't do such a sloppy job. 

I don't understand why she needs someone to design her thumbnails and edit her videos. Is she trying to be like Jenn Im? But she has 400k subscribers and Jenn has 2 mil. Based on Jenn's vlogs you can tell her she's kinda busy, always traveling, going to beauty events, fashion events, meetings, gym... But Joan barely goes to any events and the only meetings she has is probably an hour long one with DiaTV. She's always out shopping at the same places and yet she can't even learn simple graphic design? Even Zoella who has 12 mil subscribers makes her own thumbnails. 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted (edited)

Happened to stumble across her live stream and within the short span of watching for 30 seconds she had touched her face with her hands at least 5 times. It's a really bad habit that she needs to break. Also it's not captured well in the screenshot but she looks terribly oily, I honestly feel that she has dehydrated oily skin and for some reason she keeps convincing herself that she has dry skin. The only explanation I can think of is because most korean beauty products cater to people who have dry skin and in need for extremely hydrating products and she thought by reviewing those products it would attract more viewers to her channel? Idk. 

Screenshot_20180530-162944.png

Edited by cagalli

Posted

Abe still deserves a congrats either way. He posted an instagram of the Bean and well... I think he makes it pretty obvious he's going to med school.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-30_at_7.21.47_PM.thu

Tbh, I don't follow him enough to understand what SDG means. 

Posted

her explanation for the book was a total flop as expected. all she said was:

- it's about a doctor who has cancer

- she got emotional reading it because apr and may were tough months for her 

- it's one of her fav books in 2018, followed by "i read a couple of books but i didn't share them because i just didn't feel like sharing them". 9_9 #fake #fake #fake 

is she 8 years old? that ugly hairstyle is for elementary kids.