youtube Joankeem / Joanday

5272 posts in this topic

Posted

All the gestures she does while she's talking on camera... how long has she been doing this? And yet she still gives off this very unconfident, awkward aura on camera. Sad. 

Posted

Her fans are brainwashed! I just saw a comment saying that she loves how Joan buys each pieces knowing that she will definitely wear them. Who doesn't? Who buys things knowing that they will not wear them? Jfc!

The video is so sad, it sounds like she's desperately trying to justify all her purchases to herself because she's now broke as hell after buying all those expensive clothes and she needed to convince herself that it's all worth it. You don't see rich people justify their purchases. One example is Zoella who just did an America Haul and her reasons for buying products were simply because "it's cute" "I love the smell". She doesn't need to tell herself over and over again "I WILL USE IT. I WILL USE IT FOR SURE.". Joan's reason for buying the Burberry shirt is so stupid to the point that I'd rather she just admit that she bought it because of Rose! The only piece that's decent is the one with the California print because it's not as oversized and the print is trendy. The leopard t-shirt looks like something my mom would wear to the wet market. 

Posted

Honestly the way she "styles" these expensive designer t shirts always ends up looking like "I borrowed my brother's t shirt and threw it on cause I need to do laundry" rather than a pulled together outfit that had some thought behind it. 

It looks more like she just finished going to the washroom and she walked with with toilet paper hanging out of her pants. It looks sloppy and it looks like a mistake. 

Her hair looks like she just woke up from a nap and thinks she looks good and just goes outside looking an ugly mess. 

Enough of this expensive purchase bullshit cause  they have got to be knock offs because it’s getting so ridiculous. 

Posted (edited)

Was looking through the comments and majority of her deluded fans are asking for styling videos because she has "such good sense of style". All she styled in her videos are jeans with those expensive yet sloppy af t-shirts. How is that being stylish?

Fortunately we still have Maddie to shed some light 

Screenshot_2018-04-12-08-57-40.jpg

Screenshot_2018-04-12-08-56-46.jpg

Edited by cagalli

Posted

I suggested that she was better off letting the fans guess where it's from, way back when she released her BP closet vid. I think to avoid the criticism from her BP closet vid, she's chosen to play it cool and not mention it. She can't win either way but I don't know which is worse. 

Buying expensive items because you KNOW you will wear it is only half the equation. Buying anything you wear because you know you'll wear it is a given if you're a smart consumer. Price is also no indication of better quality: a tee will get old faster than you know. Her fans don't realise she's just a parrot and repeating things that people like to hear.

I have nothing against the Gucci shoes other than that Mary Jane strap that goes across it. Silver works well for almost anything, just like gold (for people who look best in gold). I just wouldn't pair it with tee and jeans. 

Posted

During the parts when she was talking on that try on video, you can see she only curled only part of her hair where you can see it from the front point of view. When she's turning her head slightly, you can see that her hair is just straight on the back..

Front view:

Screen_Shot_2018-04-11_at_11.24.27_PM.th

Side view:

Screen_Shot_2018-04-11_at_11.25.01_PM.th

Screen_Shot_2018-04-11_at_11.24.16_PM.th

Posted

She mentioned in the previous VLOG about investing in a denim jacket but didn’t end up getting the ACNE one.

So in the haul she did end up getting another GRLFRND boyfriend trucker jacket, the same style as the white one she got before she left for the states. 

The oversized blazer is just..TOO oversized, it drowns her and doesn’t accentuate her body in anyway, again she wore her Gucci fanny pack with it...

Thoughts on this outfit she posted on Instagram? 

FB594421-3FDC-4B55-8D38-6CFED6F6FBCF.png

528E7813-600B-43F7-A809-EFC3EFE657A3.jpeg

Posted

Thought I’d mention a few things after watching her newest vlog.

Firstly, her high-pitched cutesy tone is becoming slightly annoying to listen to - like when she goes ‘oh my goshhh’ ‘wow’ ‘soo cutee’ while entering the Gentle Monster store and looking at GM’s new glasses pouch (?). For some reason it’s giving off the vibe that she’s intentionally giving reactions just for the sake of it - very much like how idols would over exaggerate their reactions in variety shows.

Not sure if this is a Joan thing, but her pronouniations of certain words kinda stood out. She says ‘catch up’ and it sounds like ‘ketchup’ and ‘afterwards’ with ward sounding like how it would be pronounced in ‘wardrobe’. But maybe this is just what she’s used to say. She did say pick up again when buying food from the food court..

Also, did anyone notice how she doesn’t do the ‘MMMMmmm’ thing after taking a bite of food anymore? It feels like she has refrained from doing that after Abe kept imitating her in the previous vlogs.

I wonder how Joan’s friend feel about being on camera every time they hang out with her, especially for her non-YouTube friends. Although the clips were brief, she pointed the camera on Eunice (Arthur’s girlfriend) twice (once when introducing her, then at the food, then back on Eunice’s face). Joan also tends to say how Eunice is really pretty (no doubt) and making it seem like the reason for why she kept filming her. I do hope they feel comfortable being on camera though.

Gonna touch on Joan’s fashion choices as well - I really don’t get why she tucks her t-shirts in so sloppily..that tucked-in style is a look and a lot of people do it, but the way she does not does nothing to help accentuate her body and proportions nor does it look put-together. You could either tuck the whole shirt in, preferably wearing high-waisted items to look more polished and clean, or you could still do a half-tuck, but she needs to adjust how it’s tucked in order for it to look nice, at the moment, it looks like she was rushing and just did the tuck in two seconds for every single one of her tucked-in t-shirt outfits.

Sorry if this is too long to read..but I think it would be in Joan’s best interest to do something about her hair - colour, cut, the styling: everything. Her side fringe hasn’t grown out yet and in this part of the VLOG it looks out of place and just not nice - it wasn’t curled properly and the ends are stuck out, she would look a little more put together if she actually finds a hairstyle and colour that works for her.

976BDEFE-DACC-4A03-8BC6-B5B943B30732.png

Her sidebangs bother me SO much. She kept getting them cut short at Lumios and I'm like why?? You don't even know how to style them correctly?? They look horrible she should've just grown them out since she obviously doesn't know what to do with them

Posted

She mentioned in the previous VLOG about investing in a denim jacket but didn’t end up getting the ACNE one.

So in the haul she did end up getting another GRLFRND boyfriend trucker jacket, the same style as the white one she got before she left for the states. 

The oversized blazer is just..TOO oversized, it drowns her and doesn’t accentuate her body in anyway, again she wore her Gucci fanny pack with it...

Thoughts on this outfit she posted on Instagram? 

FB594421-3FDC-4B55-8D38-6CFED6F6FBCF.png

528E7813-600B-43F7-A809-EFC3EFE657A3.jpeg

tbh looks like something I'd wear lol but with a solid colour top, I don't really like the print of that shirt.

something that simple she can pull off but when she starts layering is when it goes super wrong. I understand the appeal of baggy clothing but she an online personality trying to break into the fashion world (doesn't really work for her), so she should really start buying more fitted clothing that flatter her shape instead of always buying baggy clothes that don't do much for her.

Idk about anyone else but I only wear baggy clothing when it's a lazy day or if I'm gonna eat a lot because it helps hide the pregnancy bump after a heavy meal lol

And because I love the comments that call her out 😂 IMG_7907.thumb.PNG.a1f7a00192d57b06e591aIMG_7908.thumb.PNG.5a3b64ff1f25bd19ef613

Posted

she haven't started the book but it's one of her favorite things o.O

IMG_9701.PNG

IMG_9702.PNG

IMG_9703.PNG

Wow. This is one of my favorites (I've actually read it) and her post offends me so much. I doubt Joan will even understand half of it since he goes into so many existential questions and she's too much of an airhead.

Posted (edited)

look at poor joan not wanting to admit that she bought the shirt because of rose and the only excuse she can think of was "i love the shade of the blue and so i HAD TO GET IT". you'll never hear joan say "the cut really flatters my figure" or "the color goes really well with my skin" or "oversized clothes makes me look ______". she's just straight up copying blackpink because oversized clothes makes them look effortless and casual, she thinks it's make her look the same. and that's why all the oversized tshirts look trash on her. 

a moment of silence for all the money she has wasted on unfitting, expensive clothes. 

Edited by Lololololol

Posted

Joan must feel great to finally have someone speak worse Korean than her. Why would you film Jenn failing at Korean lmfao must have been an ego boost for Joan. "I'm not that bad at Korean, guys!!!!" 

Posted

She probably reads this thread and didn't want more backlash for copying idols, because she knows herself that it's pathetic too, so she tried to play it off by saying "I like blue." What a coincidence that she got the exact same shirt as Rose out of all the Burberry shirts she could have picked. Also that entire USA haul was hideous especially that shirt she got on sale at All Saints...there's a reason why it's on sale honey. Joan is the epitome of a try hard who pretends to have money. There's nothing wrong with buying luxury pieces...but why not actually invest in something nice rather than ugly cotton shirts you could find at F21, which brings me back to the point that she's not as rich as she's trying to make herself seem. Sad really. But keep buying all those tacky shirts and baseball caps because your idol wore them, quality over quantity right?

Posted

Joan must feel great to finally have someone speak worse Korean than her. Why would you film Jenn failing at Korean lmfao must have been an ego boost for Joan. "I'm not that bad at Korean, guys!!!!" 

Aw I wanted to see more of Jenn speaking korean, she never does on her own channel. I thought it was cute when they had that 2 second convo although it was a little embarrassing lol. Jenn's accent is far from perfect but surprisingly better than joan's, Joan really cannot get that ㄹ l/r sound just right like when she said 오늘 (oneul) it sounds like oneur. I looove jenn's huskyish voice, it sounds so good when she's speaking korean. The majority of the korean youtubers I watch have a high pitched cutesy intonation which gets grating after a while. I would love for a korean only collab between joan and jenn 😍