youtube Joankeem / Joanday

4985 posts in this topic

Posted

on her "shopping winter sales" video, does anyone understand what is she talking about betwen 5:10 - 5:20 ??

I mean, do people in korea really layered up when it's hot?

Somebody tell me

It's because even though it's super cold outside, inside they usually heat a lot. So instead of just wearing a super thick&warm sweater and being hot while sitting in a cafe it's much more practical to wear a lot of layers which you can easily take on and off. 

Posted (edited)

I don't understand how she justifies buying the same coat ( she said l I already have this kind of coat ") and nowadays you coat doesn't need to be puffy to be warm because companies uniqlo make thin, warm, down coats 

By the way for those fluent in Korean do you think bitch is a good translation for neun? I never perceived that word that way. I just think of it she/her/girl

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

LMAO she paid $120 for this summer dress ON SALE? You could find better quality at Forever21 tbh

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 7.03.31 PM.png

this dress looks something my mum would wear to be honest lol. there's nothing summery or youthful in this dress and the cut isn't flattering on her either. what's with the mermaid skirt cut........... she really needs to know that not everything looks good on her. good quality isn't a sufficient reason to buy this dress. 

i don't understand the shots of her walking too. is this quality content? if i wanted to see people walking around i would have just gotten out of my house. 

Posted

By the way for those fluent in Korean do you think bitch is a good translation for neun? I never perceived that word that way. I just think of it she/her/girl

Did you mean “년” (nyeon)? Unless you’re counting years, it is bitch. ‘She’ would be 그녀 — Korean doesn’t have pronouns really so ‘she’ is literally ‘that woman/girl’.

I’m not fluent but my Korean is okay enough!

Posted (edited)

I don't understand how she justifies buying the same coat ( she said l I already have this kind of coat ") and nowadays you coat doesn't need to be puffy to be warm because companies uniqlo make thin, warm, down coats 

Yes, i think that's a good translation because one time i said michin-nyeon thinking it just meant crazy person and my mom yelled at me LOL

Edited by Koreanskincare

Posted

Is this thread still working?

Posted

Well, either Joan isn't really interesting, or people are still sticking to their new years resolution of "new year, new me" and trying to be a more positive person. The usual, you know. :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Is this thread still working?

Ahah, the last vlog was insipid, so I guess there is nothing to add. The quality is really taking over the quantity you know ahah

Posted

I haven't finished the video, but Joan is the last person I would ever want to take college advice from.

Posted

The fact that she minored in Korean studies, had many Korean-American friends, and was immersed in the culture/language outside of school blows my mind because her Korean is still terrible.

Posted (edited)

Maybe it's a "new year, new Joan". I enjoyed the college advice vid. I think Claudine offers better advice for the anxious people who'll be starting college, by addressing failure, rejection and depression. It puts it into perspective of what the colleges are looking for. Joan offers better practical advice but it's stuff I heard from other people too. It's more about what to do when you're in college. It's a nice balance but I think people going through applications are going to make use of Claudine's advice first, and they might want to rewatch for Joan's when they get there.

LOL, you might not want to take Joan's advice because you don't have any trust in what she says but I think her fans can make good use of this, especially if they're going to attend college in the US. 

Edit: It might be the only vid on Joan's main channel I've liked for a while. 

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

The fact that she minored in Korean studies, had many Korean-American friends, and was immersed in the culture/language outside of school blows my mind because her Korean is still terrible.

lol so is her English ! That shocks me more 

Posted

lol so is her English ! That shocks me more 

The saddest part is, I don't think she mentioned it again in this video but she did say in an old one she originally was an English major before switching to film.

On an unrelated note: I think Joan's makeup actually looks pretty nice on her in this video. All of those peachy colors really compliment her.

Posted

We all knew we were watching for Claudine. Man I miss her quirky self.

Posted (edited)

Edited by philo