youtube Joankeem / Joanday

4616 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In case anyone is curious to see... here is a youtuber who speaks Korean and English well

as you can see there are so many ways to describe and reviews products other than "good" or "moisturizing" or "cute packaging".

as far as I can tell hover is married and lives in Korea. Her Korean and English are light years ahead of Joan's lol. Hover definitely knows her skincare and she knows she has dry skin. On the other hand, Joan says stuff like I know how to take care of my skin yet she clearly doesn't and fully believes she has dry skin because someone told her she has dry skin despite all the evidence to the contrary. Oh and unlike Joan she knows how to use the moisture cosrx pads Correctly

Joan makes the English language seem so bland because she says the same thing over and over again and makes the same grammar mistakes over and over again. I think it's genuinely sad. 

I don't think you have to be fluent in Korean to know that Joan's Korean isn't that good since her Korean is super limited and she says the same thing over and over 

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted (edited)

Not every person who speak a secondary language is fluent. They can speak basic and understand what other person say 

Edited by Newbee

Posted (edited)

Not every person who speak a secondary language is fluent. They can speak basic and understand what other person say 

Okey that's not our point. Our point is that Joan's English AND Korean sucks. I would understand if her English is really good and her Korean not so much if she wasn't Korean and only lived in Korea for a year or so. But this girl lived most of her life in the States. And she's Korean. aka she probably spoke Korean at home with parents and family. Then to move to Korea later on. So she should be pretty fluent in both. so stop protecting Joan like you're her knight in shining armour.

Btw try reading this thread before you post comments that don't make sense.

Edited by gwiyomi

Posted

what do you mean??

In her December Favorites 2017 she explains it. Watch from min 1:55.

dude.jpg

Posted

In her December Favorites 2017 she explains it. Watch from min 1:55.

dude.jpg

is it just me or does this just sounds like an excuse for her uneven liner? her eyes looks fine without eyeliner so why the need to "make it even" with eyeliner lol. what i meant is if she thinks it's uneven and uses liner to fix it, why now she stops using liner and think it's ok???? 

Posted

To be fair lots of people who grew up in the states do not speak the language of their ethnic background well or at all. The only thing is that joan has been living in korea for several years now so one could reasonably assume that she would at least be better at it than she was back home. I can't say for sure whether that's true

Posted

To be fair lots of people who grew up in the states do not speak the language of their ethnic background well or at all. The only thing is that joan has been living in korea for several years now so one could reasonably assume that she would at least be better at it than she was back home. I can't say for sure whether that's true

what shocks me is that she can't speak either language properly. I don't expect her to speak Korean fluently since she grew up in the states but I'm shocked how horrible her English is. Her vocabulary is so limited

Posted (edited)

I'm going be honest with you. I don't see any problem with Joan speech. I understand what she say. People who critize the way she talk are just mean. There are some people who do work on their speech. Joan doesn't. 

Edited by Newbee

Posted

I don't think you get the point, Newbee. She didn't shortly move to America. She was living there almost all of her life. She only shortly lived in Korea and moved back there a few years ago. So she is fluent in English. However, her English is lacking INTENSELY. And her Korean skill is almost not there at all. So basically: She can't speak Korean other than a few sentences, and she can't speak English eloquently. And there is no reason for either of these situations. Because she went to an english speaking college and then lived in Korea for a while. So she would have to at least be decent in both of these.

Look at Q2HAN for example! Their English is not perfect AT ALL, they have some classic grammatical issues in their speech pattern. And their Korean tends to be a bit stiff. But they are at least decent at both of them. And they try to improve, too. Their Korean vlogs are a way of learning for them, and whenever they lay out a script for their videos, you can hear that they look up different words and try to incorporate them. So Joan has no reason to lack the way she does. There's just no way to talk around it, Newbee.

Posted (edited)

Finding out she is born in America. she is Korean American. I can see why her Korean is okay. It is not great. Her pronunciation isn't amazing 

Edited by Newbee

Posted

Gotta agree with peachfuzz, what we are dissing here is Joan's lack of effort to improve yet she still has that I know it all persona whenever she speaks korean. Look Newbee, "isn't amazing" is an understatement what it actually is.

Posted

Guys I must be crazy but when did Joan have a workout routine?? Didnt this girl always say she got fit from walking?

Posted

Sorry, I don’t think she is fit at all lol. She is really skinny but that doesn’t equate to being fit. I vaguely recall her saying her arm was sore from carrying around her cameras.

Posted

Guys I must be crazy but when did Joan have a workout routine?? Didnt this girl always say she got fit from walking?

She went to the gym once and she recorded it LOL. Why, did she recently just mention a workout routine?

She says she gets more than 10,000 steps a day. I believe that on the most part. 

She is extremely thin. Size 25 is too big for her. If you watch her video where Sunny styles her, you can see how thin she is. 

Posted

Well, I think she mentioned that she wanted to start reading books and work out once she doesn't daily vlog anymore. So I guess that's that. I think she's gotten a lot skinnier too.. maybe I'm just seeing things. 
I can't even watch her put on her skincare products. She's sooo rough with her skin, always tugging it.. grrrrr. And I don't think her routine is smart. She puts on so much skincare, but then goes to the gym, sweats it off, washes her face and then puts make up on her bare face without any added moisture. And stuff like this is the reason why I don't think that this girl has dry skin! I can't put on any foundation or concealer without some moisturizer underneath. It just doesn't work.

Oh, and her new end card is sooooo messy!! I got a slight shock when I saw it pop up.