• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

TerryTV (Terry Song)

168 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

No shit.

Great rebuttal lol I rest my case.

Heh, yes, true. I actually brought up the Paul brothers because I wanted to name a universally hated channel, to avoid I mentioned another channel you might like. 
And yes, Terry does nothing bad afaik. But I still don't like the vid, so yeah 
(Btw Terry doesn't make his animations, I assume you know that, but since you said Spechie's vids were lazy compared to Terry, I wanted to bring it up) .

I know very well Terry doesn't draw his animations they're drawn by Reikenma who's absolutely amazing ^_^ but again, what does that have to do with Terry being lazy? If he wrote his stories, filmed them, directed them, edited them, AND drew them, even you'd have to compliment him :D He said in his livestream before that he hired Rei so as far as I know they're actually working together and she's being paid. I don't see that as being lazy lol. That's like saying Philip DeFranco is lazy because he has employees. I mean heck, nearly every big animation channel has other people working for them too. So again... I don't see a valid criticism lol. And Spechie.... gosh. Her content really is lazy... I mean I can't draw but if I worked hard enough could do better than some of her sprites. 

Edited by lusciouslux

Posted (edited)

Great rebuttal lol I rest my case.

I know very well Terry doesn't draw his animations they're drawn by Reikenma who's absolutely amazing ^_^ but again, what does that have to do with Terry being lazy? If he wrote his stories, filmed them, directed them, edited them, AND drew them, even you'd have to compliment him :D He said in his livestream before that he hired Rei so as far as I know they're actually working together and she's being paid. I don't see that as being lazy lol. That's like saying Philip DeFranco is lazy because he has employees. I mean heck, nearly every big animation channel has other people working for them too. So again... I don't see a valid criticism lol. And Spechie.... gosh. Her content really is lazy... I mean I can't draw but if I worked hard enough could do better than some of her sprites. 

"If he wrote his stories, filmed them, directed them, edited them, AND drew them, even you'd have to compliment him :D" I'm not actually that critical, I mean even in my Spechie thread I admitted I liked her artstyle (which I genuinely do, well, the doodles that is). I just said something about the story itself, that doesn't mean I dislike everything about him.

Like Terry isn't lazy. I know, I know. But I thought you refered to his 'animation work' when you said he worked hard. I like the art too. It's simple, but still really pretty and clean. But the point is, you're trying to argue over my opinion. I thought the video was cringy, because?? That's how I felt while watching it??
"I don't see valid criticism." Ofc you don't, because I'm not trying to give any constructive criticism or anything.
Like Terry's way of talking is engaging and the video's are good. But I don't like the content itself, and I don't think I can't discuss anything about that. The only reason why I keep replying, despite saying I'm not trying to discuss stuff, is because I don't want that you get the wrong impression here. I'm not saying Terry is a terrible person, nor is his content. I just found his stalkerstory cringy and fake. 

Also idk what rebuttal means, sorry.

Edited by Baby Pink

Posted (edited)

Like Terry isn't lazy. I know, I know. But I thought you refered to his 'animation work' when you said he worked hard. I like the art too. It's simple, but still really pretty and clean. But the point is, you're trying to argue over my opinion. I thought the video was cringy, because?? That's how I felt while watching it??
"I don't see valid criticism." Ofc you don't, because I'm not trying to give any constructive criticism or anything.

Well there's a lot more that goes into animation videos than just the animations. Someone has to write the script, film it, edit it, etc. That's a lot for a single person. And that's not an opinion it's just a fact. So no I'm not trying to "argue over your opinion" because there is none lol. 

In regards to you saying you found the video "cringy" that's fine. I never tried to argue over that. I only argued over whether you really watched the whole video (seems you didn't because you didn't know Terry said he does exaggerate the story) and that you neglected the fact that even if you find it cringy a lot of other people are enjoying and watching it that's all. :) It's like someone saying all of Shane Dawson's new videos are cringy but someone replying with "well hey a lot of people... like a loooot of people are enjoying it so good for him he must be doing something right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Also you compared his animation videos success to the Paul bros so I argued a little with that too.

And then lastly you kind of indirectly said Terry was lazy because he doesn't draw his animations but hires someone instead which I also argued isn't really lazy, it's just business management and he still does a lot of other stuff. xD

You can find things cringy all you want I can't stop you there, but if you're going to state other things about someone then at least be able to back up the statements lol. Also that's pretty much what a rebuttal is. 

Edited by lusciouslux

Posted

Well there's a lot more that goes into animation videos than just the animations. Someone has to write the script, film it, edit it, etc. That's a lot for a single person. And that's not an opinion it's just a fact. So no I'm not trying to "argue over your opinion" because there is none lol. 

In regards to you saying you found the video "cringy" that's fine. I never tried to argue over that. I only argued over whether you really watched the whole video (seems you didn't because you didn't know Terry said he does exaggerate the story) and that you neglected the fact that even if you find it cringy a lot of other people are enjoying and watching it that's all. :) It's like someone saying all of Shane Dawson's new videos are cringy but someone replying with "well hey a lot of people... like a loooot of people are enjoying it so good for him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Also you compared his animation videos success to the Paul bros so I argued a little with that too.

And then lastly you kind of indirectly said Terry was lazy because he doesn't draw his animations but hires someone instead which I also argued isn't really lazy, it's just business management and he still does a lot of other stuff. xD

You can find things cringy all you want I can't stop you there, but if you're going to state other things about someone then at least be able to back up the statements lol. 

Ok, maybe my English is bad, but I feel like you constantly misinterpret what I say. So sorry I keep on quoting you on this, but I don't want you to get the wrong idea, as I said before.

So 1) I did watch the whole video. I said I found it exaggerated. Even if Terry states he exaggerate things, that doesn't mean I can feel like it's a bit, idk how to say it, too much.

2) As I said, I did not compare him to the Paul Brothers, but I used them as an example to prove that views does not always mean the content is good. Like, I'd have to be delusional to compare someone as harmless as Terry to those two. And secondly, I brought em up because I wanted to avoid the small chance of criticizing another youtuber you might've liked. So I was like: "Yep. Those are a safe pick, I doubt they will like em."

3) I reread my comments and I actually didn't say in any of them I thought his video's were lazy, because I don't think that at all? So idk where you got that from.

So ehm, again, I feel like you just misinterpret everything I said. Which is possible, since my English isn't like ehm, the best. That's actually why I mostly refrain from getting into actual discussions. You might've figured out by now I have a hard time getting my point across. I'm sorry I'm constantly quoting you, but I just don't want people to think I said stuff I didn't mean. 

Posted

Ok, maybe my English is bad, but I feel like you constantly misinterpret what I say. So sorry I keep on quoting you on this, but I don't want you to get the wrong idea, as I said before.

So 1) I did watch the whole video. I said I found it exaggerated. Even if Terry states he exaggerate things, that doesn't mean I can feel like it's a bit, idk how to say it, too much.

2) As I said, I did not compare him to the Paul Brothers, but I used them as an example to prove that views does not always mean the content is good. Like, I'd have to be delusional to compare someone as harmless as Terry to those two. And secondly, I brought em up because I wanted to avoid the small chance of criticizing another youtuber you might've liked. So I was like: "Yep. Those are a safe pick, I doubt they will like em."

3) I reread my comments and I actually didn't say in any of them I thought his video's were lazy, because I don't think that at all? So idk where you got that from.

So ehm, again, I feel like you just misinterpret everything I said. Which is possible, since my English isn't like ehm, the best. That's actually why I mostly refrain from getting into actual discussions. You might've figured out by now I have a hard time getting my point across. I'm sorry I'm constantly quoting you, but I just don't want people to think I said stuff I didn't mean. 

You're find bb no problem. Maybe we both misunderstood each other a bit.

Just as you are worried people might misunderstand you, I just worry people will misunderstand Terry if people say things on here that aren't necessarily true or blatantly make him look bad. (Not talking about only you!)

As you can see from this thread, it seems there really aren't many regular viewers that actively watch Terry :/ so many people who comment here just comment things that are either incorrect or just very negative because they don't actually watch his content and just want to get some validation from someone else who shares their negative opinion. At least that's how it's kind of been looking mostly. 

Being one of the few people who actually do watch Terry I just want people who come here to know about some of the good stuff he does since mostly everything here is people complaining lol. ^_^

Posted

Being one of the few people who actually do watch Terry I just want people who come here to know about some of the good stuff he does since mostly everything here is people complaining lol. ^_^

I don’t get what else you expect to find on a gossip site. Sure there’s some positive comments every now and then (and I find Terry’s thread really isn’t all that harsh), but that’s not why people are discussing anyone here. I don’t go to 4chan on the search for wholesome and family friendly content either. I’m sure if you want to see why people like his content there’s plenty to read in his comment section on YouTube. 

Since it was brought up here I had a look at his stalker series and honestly I find it cringy af, too. Since he’s deviating from what actually happened why not make it a better story? As it is now it’s just generic and full of cliches, like poorly written fan fiction. That there’s enough people watching it really doesn’t mean a whole lot in terms of quality.

Of course overall Terry seems pretty harmless and not all that offensive. Doesn’t mean people who say that they don’t enjoy his new content are wrong or don’t know what they’re talking about just because they didn’t watch every video since the creation of his channel.

Posted (edited)

I don’t get what else you expect to find on a gossip site. Sure there’s some positive comments every now and then (and I find Terry’s thread really isn’t all that harsh), but that’s not why people are discussing anyone here. I don’t go to 4chan on the search for wholesome and family friendly content either. I’m sure if you want to see why people like his content there’s plenty to read in his comment section on YouTube. 

Since it was brought up here I had a look at his stalker series and honestly I find it cringy af, too. Since he’s deviating from what actually happened why not make it a better story? As it is now it’s just generic and full of cliches, like poorly written fan fiction. That there’s enough people watching it really doesn’t mean a whole lot in terms of quality.

Of course overall Terry seems pretty harmless and not all that offensive. Doesn’t mean people who say that they don’t enjoy his new content are wrong or don’t know what they’re talking about just because they didn’t watch every video since the creation of his channel.

You literally proved my point lol.

Edit: I could elaborate more but I'm tired atm

Edited by lusciouslux

Posted (edited)

I almost forgot this dude channel existed! While I found some of his reaction videos *and I mean only some* I find that he's kinda boring, I agree with the person who also posted here saying his voice was Monotone and that his humor is well.. dry.  I watched his Vlogs more then his main channel stuff and they were alright. Im not sure if he's done or said anything problematic before In the past. 

Edited by CelesteLee

Posted

Most threads have at least some compliments here and there but not this one :| Kind of makes it seem like only people who just don't like Terry or his content come here lol. I'm sorry, that may have come off a bit rude but it's just the honest truth. The person above is complaining at how "cringy" his new videos are but neglecting that fact that so many people are watching and enjoying his new content and his channel is actually doing the best it's ever done. They also state that it's so "bloody fake" or exaggerated when if said person had watched the full video like a regular viewer would, they would have heard the part where Terry actually says he exaggerates the story to make it more interesting, but it's still based on true events from his past. 

I've been watching Terry since his Koreans React and he's come A LONG WAY and I'm honestly extremely proud at where he is now as a creator. Not to praise him too much, but you can't ignore the fact that he's like the only channel on YouTube to blow up from and be known for simple "reaction" videos to now doing animation videos that are actually pretty good! He's a natural story teller and I can vouch for the millions of people watching his new vids that sure they may be cringy to adults but I don't think that's his main target audience anyway? So why are you complaining lol. They're still really entertaining to me at least :D

Anyways all I'm saying is that I think Terry is a good creator and people should recognize that a little more instead of only focusing on the things he can improve. Just my two cents! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not to be like THAT person, but you were the one who downvoted me and the other person when talking about Terry's interview with Chungha right? I'm just kind of curious--we both talked about things that Terry could improve on rather than just ragging on him. My comments might have been a bit harsh but this is a gossip site (and nothing insanely rude imho). If you had wanted to discuss or defend Terry then okay, but to downvote people just cuz you're a fan? And now to come on and argue with people cuz you think this thread is so negative (when there have been a bunch of people who have said they liked his content on here....and compared to like every other K-youtuber his thread is the tamest of tame)...idk it seems a bit childish to me? This site is good for discussions about online personalities--we don't always have to agree and that's the point. I can state my opinion, you can state yours...maybe you'll even convince me. But by downvoting just cuz you don't like to see any criticism for your fav and criticizing the idea that people are not fawning over Terry........it's just not a great way to start a discussion or win anyone over, imo.

Personally, I've watched a good number of his videos but really did not like the style so I don't intend to ever be a regular viewer, but that doesn't mean I can't have valid criticisms. My problem with his Chungha video especially was that he seemed unprofessional and unprepared and in ways that were easy to fix. I understand he might have been nervous, but the talking over her and pointing at her just came off as rude to me. Not to mention it was not just me saying this (as I pointed out before), a good number of his fans felt the same and wrote that he spoke over her in Youtube comments. I understand he's just a Youtuber but I was honestly hoping for more, since his talking head videos are pretty good quality (tho I don't enjoy the content). My question still stands tho--as a fan, do you know how he got the interview? Is he going to start doing a series of interviews with kpop stars (I saw Coco said she was gonna collab with him on her thread)? If so, then I hope he improves his technique. 

Also ngl I don't like the exaggerating in stories just because it seems a bit clickbait-y to me, and I already hate when people dramatize stories even in real life. Like, there are plenty of stories that have happened that are crazy/funny, I don't need to embellish. Plus when Terry has titles like "MY RACIST EXPERIENCE TEACHING IN KOREA" but then talks about stuff that wasn't clearly racism and just seemed like a non-story, it just comes off as wanting attention/clickbait to me. And kind of reminds me of how KennieJD said that "fan" of hers dropped on the floor in a little ball cuz she was so excited, but someone who was there and witnessed it said it was nothing like that.

But, hey, as you said he has a lot of viewers and has managed to keep them and is trying new things with the animation and whatnot so good on him for that. Honestly, if his fans for the most part enjoy his content as it is, then he can just keep doing what he's doing and be good. But I still think he should practice interviewing people, even his friends, to get better for the next one he does.

Posted (edited)

not to be like THAT person, but you were the one who downvoted me and the other person when talking about Terry's interview with Chungha right? I'm just kind of curious--we both talked about things that Terry could improve on rather than just ragging on him. My comments might have been a bit harsh but this is a gossip site (and nothing insanely rude imho). If you had wanted to discuss or defend Terry then okay, but to downvote people just cuz you're a fan? And now to come on and argue with people cuz you think this thread is so negative (when there have been a bunch of people who have said they liked his content on here....and compared to like every other K-youtuber his thread is the tamest of tame)...idk it seems a bit childish to me? This site is good for discussions about online personalities--we don't always have to agree and that's the point. I can state my opinion, you can state yours...maybe you'll even convince me. But by downvoting just cuz you don't like to see any criticism for your fav and criticizing the idea that people are not fawning over Terry........it's just not a great way to start a discussion or win anyone over, imo.

Personally, I've watched a good number of his videos but really did not like the style so I don't intend to ever be a regular viewer, but that doesn't mean I can't have valid criticisms. My problem with his Chungha video especially was that he seemed unprofessional and unprepared and in ways that were easy to fix. I understand he might have been nervous, but the talking over her and pointing at her just came off as rude to me. Not to mention it was not just me saying this (as I pointed out before), a good number of his fans felt the same and wrote that he spoke over her in Youtube comments. I understand he's just a Youtuber but I was honestly hoping for more, since his talking head videos are pretty good quality (tho I don't enjoy the content). My question still stands tho--as a fan, do you know how he got the interview? Is he going to start doing a series of interviews with kpop stars (I saw Coco said she was gonna collab with him on her thread)? If so, then I hope he improves his technique. 

Also ngl I don't like the exaggerating in stories just because it seems a bit clickbait-y to me, and I already hate when people dramatize stories even in real life. Like, there are plenty of stories that have happened that are crazy/funny, I don't need to embellish. Plus when Terry has titles like "MY RACIST EXPERIENCE TEACHING IN KOREA" but then talks about stuff that wasn't clearly racism and just seemed like a non-story, it just comes off as wanting attention/clickbait to me. And kind of reminds me of how KennieJD said that "fan" of hers dropped on the floor in a little ball cuz she was so excited, but someone who was there and witnessed it said it was nothing like that.

But, hey, as you said he has a lot of viewers and has managed to keep them and is trying new things with the animation and whatnot so good on him for that. Honestly, if his fans for the most part enjoy his content as it is, then he can just keep doing what he's doing and be good. But I still think he should practice interviewing people, even his friends, to get better for the next one he does.

I'm really too tired to answer most of your post but I mean if you just read the first page of this thread... it's kind of biased and mean. Unlike other threads that introduce the personality in a professional and more unbiased way backed up with facts. 

Like on the first page people are saying Terry was using Patreon to "beg" for more money when in reality at the time they made that post Terry's Patreon was long closed because he said MONTHS BEFORE he was making enough and didn't want to continue taking money from his fans. And that's literally just the first page... So what I'm saying is - a lot of people here try to make criticisms that aren't really based on facts and just make Terry look kind of worse than the what's actually the case? And that's just the first page TT

Looking back I think I down voted you before because you're the person who said Terry clickbaits with "MY RACIST TEACHING EXPERIENCE IN KOREA" when he really didn't. I mean first off, it was a very calm title and definitely not in all caps, so now you're the one kind of exaggerating lol. And the title was accurate? His director WAS racist towards him because he was not foreign looking enough and basically made him quit because she wanted a full white guy. That. Is. His. Race. So. It's. Racism. Right? Idk that's my logic and why I down voted sorry if it offended you. Maybe you just didn't remember the video details so you just assumed it WAS IN ALL CAPS AND TRYING TO GET CLICKS but in reality it was a very calm title and thumbnail... nothing was really clickbaity in terms of what's considered clickbait these days... So it's just annoying when people don't get their facts right but try to post them as facts you know? And I'm really the only regular viewer here so I just felt I should say something :/

Also just to go further - the person Vajra quoted you immediately after and said this:

Well yea I admit a lot of his titles were click-baity "I got into a fight!" (actually a guy just took his hat),

This is also incorrect information that makes Cherry look bad. The title wasn't "I got into a fight". It was "ALMOST Got Into A Fight". And the video where some guy takes his hat is a completely different video where the guy was joking. The video where he almost got into a fight is where he almost got into a fight. A drunk foreigner took his camera and was trying to start a fight with Terry but he handled it maturely and avoided more conflict. Are you starting to see where I'm coming from and why it's a little frustrating? :$

Also in regards to you comments about the Chungha video, I agree he interrupted a lot and can definitely improve there. But the parts where you were going in on him for 'not knowing she was born in Korea and not Dallas but only grew up there'... Terry actually did know that lol. I guess you guys thought that was serious because I could tell it was just a a gag. He even said on his insta live that he came up with that intro with Chungha and purposely got the info wrong to set the tone of the interview. Idk I mean I think it did the job nicely cause the overall tone was friendly and fun. But I agree with you on the other points. 

Edited by lusciouslux

Posted

i subscribed to him because of junji ito, but yeah, his voice is pretty monotone. for a youtuber who does reaction videos, he seems pretty reaction-less. his voice could would better for conversations but not an entire video.

Posted

You guys can debate all you want, but I will still stand on my own point.

TerryTV is boring as af right now and compared to his older videos he's certainly not doing great in terms of quality. His videos now lack the sense of interest for people to continue watching him. While I quite liked his Reading Creepy Stories series until I unsubbed, I would say he could try to better up his content ideas to not only cater to his koreaboo audiences.

Especially when his channel isn't aiming for the kboo's only. Or else he wouldn't do things like reaction videos, the Ito Junji series.

Not everyone is all "OMFG OPPA SARANGHAE !!!1!1!!ONE!!" "any aRmy HEre??///???SLASH??" alright? You can literally die from stomach cancer by taking a shot every time you see a comment on his videos mentioning "toast" "army" "bts" "oppa" in a minute.

There's always a reason why a topic like this exists, especially in a gossip site. We aren't freeloaders who have nothing to do with their life other than talking shit about others, alright? We all have our own studies, work or anything else in our life, if there's nothing to criticize or gossip about a person/organization, no one will waste their time creating a topic to discuss about them.

Posted

Ok, true. I'd let this one pass because it's such a bland joke, pitiful he has to steal even it from another commentor. But he's a thieving thief no matter what. :alpacaworry: I can't stand this kind of channels.

Ive watched some of his videos before and while he's not completely boring, sometimes his voice sounds a little monotone. A lot of his "react to ____" videos were ok-ish, but nothing special. Idk anything about stealing jokes, but I feel like that's pretty common on Youtube/social media in general? 

Most people are probably subscribed to him bc he fits into the whole Korea aesthetic (he's part korean iirc?) Also, he's always wearing a hat omg 

I know you have every right to have your own opinion on any topic/subject but right now you're making a big deal out of something that isn't even that significant. like yeah, maybe he stole a joke from leafy on purpose or maybe there is a reason behind it that you aren't aware of. so instead of complatin (complaining and hating credits to the one and only Swoozie) cut the guy some slack I have watched a lot of his videos after seeing this post so that I could come up with a rational opinion that can actually be backed up by hard evidence. and the fact is his humour is not dry, it might not be the best but it isn't the worst either, his voice is NOT monotone; if anything its extremely well articulated and calming (Disclaimer: that is just my opinion, you may disagree with it :)).  he does many other videos that have nothing to do with reaction, for example, reading webtoons and horror mangas! and just because you don't like his channel due to personal preferences does not mean you can go around degrading him or anyone for that matter. there are other reaction channels, some even worse than this one, but I don't see you going and hating on them. let's take reaction time, for example, he is pretty famous and his entire channel is ONLY reacting to other peoples contents: I'm not saying that that is wrong or anything he can do whatever he wants to do but I don't see any such articles about him on the internet. I am just using this point to highlight the hypocrisy present in today's generation and the reason behind this entire comment is not to change your opinion or anything but to compel and encourage you to think more about the topic before forming an opinion that might be wrong or offensive in some way. you don't like his content, that's perfectly fine but going around degrading him and putting him down is just not civil. you have the freedom of speech but you should use it carefully! your words could really hurt somebody so just mind your manner of speaking and tone so that you can convey your point effectively without hurting anyone's feelings.

I am sorry for the extremely long comment and the grammatical errors you have probably noticed English is not my first language.

all I want is for everyone to say what they want to say but in a less degrading way, keeping in mind that we are all human and we make mistakes.

I gave you my side on this entire situation and a little bit of advice on how to communicate our thoughts in a better way, and i am no professional so it is up to you whether you would like to listen to me or not. I did not mean to offend anyone and I sincerely apologize if I did.

Posted

I noticed he recently moved to a new place. Well, specifically back in September.

Did he move in with Boyoung?