• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

TerryTV (Terry Song)

168 posts in this topic

Posted

Terry Song is reacter whom has to rely on clickbait and his 12 year old koreaboo demographic to get views. He has a patreon and every reward tier is just his, "sincere gratitude." But fortunately! He has now turned to reacting to Try Not To Laugh Challenge #384958 and that pays the bills now. Oh, and he's a dirty, dirty joke thief.

1. Original video (Colossal is Crazy)

11:47

"This is the face of the clinically insane. If you see this man, do not engage him. Let his video, where he just seems a little too enthusiastic towards women, stand as evidence to the horrific crimes he will one day commit."

2. Then Leafy stole the joke from Colossal

10:25

"Beware of this man. If you see this man, run away. Because this man is not only a predator, but most likely a rapist and most defiantly a drug dealer. Beware of this man. Stay safe everyone." 

3. Then Terry stole the joke. Christ, this is the golden ratio of stealing.

3:43 (bonus; unfunny joke about OMG SO CRINGY IM LTRLY GONNA DRINK BLEACH)

"I just wanna throw a little PSA out there. If you guys ever, and I mean ever, encounter someone and they are looking at you like this, then I want you guys to drop whatever your doing; slowly, no sudden movements, turn around and [insert Run by BTS here]"

Patreon

Youtube

Twitter

Twitch

Instagram

Posted

Terry Song is reacter whom has to rely on clickbait and his 12 year old koreaboo demographic to get views. He has a patreon and every reward tier is just his, "sincere gratitude." But fortunately! He has now turned to reacting to Try Not To Laugh Challenge #384958 and that pays the bills now. Oh, and he's a dirty, dirty joke thief.

1. Original video (Colossal is Crazy)

11:47

"This is the face of the clinically insane. If you see this man, do not engage him. Let his video, where he just seems a little too enthusiastic towards women, stand as evidence to the horrific crimes he will one day commit."

2. Then Leafy stole the joke from Colossal

10:25

"Beware of this man. If you see this man, run away. Because this man is not only a predator, but most likely a rapist and most defiantly a drug dealer. Beware of this man. Stay safe everyone." 

3. Then Terry stole the joke. Christ, this is the golden ratio of stealing.

3:43 (bonus; unfunny joke about OMG SO CRINGY IM LTRLY GONNA DRINK BLEACH)

"I just wanna throw a little PSA out there. If you guys ever, and I mean ever, encounter someone and they are looking at you like this, then I want you guys to drop whatever your doing; slowly, no sudden movements, turn around and [insert Run by BTS here]"

Patreon

Youtube

Twitter

Twitch

Instagram

Ive watched some of his videos before and while he's not completely boring, sometimes his voice sounds a little monotone. A lot of his "react to ____" videos were ok-ish, but nothing special. Idk anything about stealing jokes, but I feel like that's pretty common on Youtube/social media in general? 

Most people are probably subscribed to him bc he fits into the whole Korea aesthetic (he's part korean iirc?) Also, he's always wearing a hat omg 

Posted

i've been hoping someone would make a thread about this guy... he's always in my recommended reacting to things that probably don't need to be reacted to imo.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by mislaid

Posted

He seems very emotionless or just boring I guess. I wonder why there's a surge of all these reaction videos of random YouTube video content all of the sudden. It's not even fun to watch.

Posted

i've only seen a few of his videos before so other than the joke steal that was mentioned, idk if he's problematic but he is indeed quite boring... he doesn't really reach any of the extremes of the emotion spectrum, he generally sounds the same throughout his videos (pretty monotone, a mentioned before). i think people generally subscribe to him bc of his looks

Posted

I hate "reacting to..." -videos when it's just one youtuber commenting general shit that everyone already thinks anyway or when they're embarrassingly overreacting to whatever video they've stolen.

I wouldn't really say he stole that "stay away from this guy" -"joke", that's just general bs everyone thinks when they see this dude. 

But reacting to a reacting video? Seriously? Please stop.

Posted

I hate "reacting to..." -videos when it's just one youtuber commenting general shit that everyone already thinks anyway or when they're embarrassingly overreacting to whatever video they've stolen.

I wouldn't really say he stole that "stay away from this guy" -"joke", that's just general bs everyone thinks when they see this dude. 

But reacting to a reacting video? Seriously? Please stop.

Honestly, Id be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But when you take into consideration that his ENTIRE YouTube channel relies on other people's content, it seems plausible he would go to such lengths of stealing jokes. Leafy took the joke from Colossal and watered it down for his audience of 12 year olds and added some slight variation with the exact same theme, then Terry took the joke and SOMEHOW managed to water the joke down even more and added some slight variation. It just seems all so "coincidental" that Leafy and Terry both had practically the exact same joke, at the exact same point in the video. Oh and not to mention SOMEHOW Terry has even worse delivery on his jokes than Leafy . Everytime he makes a joke that could be somewhat funny, he absolutely butchers it with his monotone voice and bad delivery. 

Posted

Honestly, Id be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But when you take into consideration that his ENTIRE YouTube channel relies on other people's content, it seems plausible he would go to such lengths of stealing jokes. Leafy took the joke from Colossal and watered it down for his audience of 12 year olds and added some slight variation with the exact same theme, then Terry took the joke and SOMEHOW managed to water the joke down even more and added some slight variation. It just seems all so "coincidental" that Leafy and Terry both had practically the exact same joke, at the exact same point in the video. Oh and not to mention SOMEHOW Terry has even worse delivery on his jokes than Leafy . Everytime he makes a joke that could be somewhat funny, he absolutely butchers it with his monotone voice and bad delivery. 

Ok, true. I'd let this one pass because it's such a bland joke, pitiful he has to steal even it from another commentor. But he's a thieving thief no matter what. :alpacaworry: I can't stand this kind of channels.

Posted

Thought his videos and personality were cool before, but i unsubbed when his videos ended up getting repetitive lol. Feel like he tries to appeal to his whatever teenage girl koreaboo fanbase with these sexist opinions, like calling some of the women he reacts to 'sluts' or 'too much' but then turns around and fangirls over girl groups. His comments eat it up too, and call him oppa and everything it's :alpacabored:

Posted

his subscribers are probably kboos. for a youtuber who does reaction videos he's pretty much reaction-less

Posted

A majority of his subscribers are probably just a bunch of folks who are subscribed to him cause of how he's either Korean or because he's a good looking guy.

I originally found his videos cause he was on my recommendations list on youtube, and he looked cute in the thumbnail LOL

But the monotone voice and lack of emotion make it way too hard to watch through all his videos. 

Posted

I subbed to him a long time ago. Back then, he was making 'koreans react to' videos (and now it seems that he took some of them down) and i had my first internet crush on that guy John in a smiley shirt hahaha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQIa_PyL4zQ

Now it just seems that he's caught the 'easy money' wave and i'm really disappointed in his content. I wish he started filming with other people again :( these single reaction videos are really...idk. I see no point. 

Posted

I was just trying to see if there was a topic on him yet and found it. Sorry if yall side-eye me for bumping. But like... jeeeesusssss chriiiiiist his content is soooo boringgggg... how does he have 400k+ subs!? He has the driest voice and humor, I regret clicking on his videos every time.

But he did do a reaction to Venus's one video, which I think is a pretty accurate reaction lmao :happee:

Posted

I was just trying to see if there was a topic on him yet and found it. Sorry if yall side-eye me for bumping. But like... jeeeesusssss chriiiiiist his content is soooo boringgggg... how does he have 400k+ subs!? He has the driest voice and humor, I regret clicking on his videos every time.

But he did do a reaction to Venus's one video, which I think is a pretty accurate reaction lmao :happee:

I feel like his voice works better in a conversational environment but definitely not Youtube. Most of his subscribers are probably Kboos lmao