• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

102 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi! :)

I wasn't sure if JREKML (or any K-Pop YouTubers, really) had been brought up on here before, so I figured, why not start a new thread?

The channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/JREKML1

An extremely short summary: JREKML is a YouTube channel created by two cousins, JRE and KML. JRE is in front of the camera the most (like 95% of the time), and the videos mainly consist of K-Pop mv reactions, but he also does some skits, vlogs, collabs, etc.

Personally, I overall like his videos, even though I don't watch as often as I used to, haha. Considering there are so many YouTubers out there nowadays that do reaction videos, his are some of the funniest/most interesting, which is probably why he has so many subscribers (nearly 800,000 now!)

So, what do you guys think of the channel?

Posted

I've been watching him for a while and I think he's pretty funny! Ngl though, sometimes he goes a little bit overboard or overreacts to a group (possibly to appease the fangirls), but it's not a huge problem. He seems like an overall pretty nice guy, but I've heard that some people don't particularly like him because they don't think he's funny? Personal preference, I guess :) 

Posted

Yeah I agree about the overreacting, but like you said it's probably to appease the fangirls xD I guess the overreacting can really get people all hyped up with him when watching the video too, so if it works for his channel and his viewers then he might as well keep doing what he's doing lol

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted

i used to like him but the whole react thing just doesn't cut it for me anymore... too predictable. he basically reacts the same way every time. not a bad thing i guess, just not for me. 

I kind of noticed that too! Even with new groups he praises them a lot (not that they aren't good, but I feel like he should have more opinions than "Omg so lit!!!!") 

Personally I only watch his reactions to some larger groups because he's actually a fan of some of them instead of just doing reactions for the fangirls~

Posted

I saw him at kcon during my kpop stan days. I don't think he was very big back then though (in 2013) but he was nice and took pictures with my friends

i dont mind him tbh

Posted

I'm watching him for a few years now. I used to watch him more before, because I watched a lot of kpop then, I slowed down a bit, so same for the reactions. I used to follow at least 10 to 15 reactions channels,nowadays its just JRE and 2MinJinJongKey (the 2 girls), and they're the only one I enjoy actually watching. I usually wait for a big band to come out with a fun song to follow them. 

JRE looks nice as a person, he's not overdoing stuff I find. Even his reactions are not too much, and I enjoy that.Can't say the same thing for KLM, who looks like a nice person too, but god her vixx's videos were ... pretty cringey :/

Posted

I personally find watching reaction videos a waste a time just because it's kind of weird to watch someone else's reaction to a video most have already watched. Especially Kpop reactors since they tend to have the same reaction and overreaction. That said, I do get the appeal? sorta but with the jre guy he's just not funny to me.

Posted

I personally find watching reaction videos a waste a time just because it's kind of weird to watch someone else's reaction to a video most have already watched. Especially Kpop reactors since they tend to have the same reaction and overreaction. That said, I do get the appeal? sorta but with the jre guy he's just not funny to me.

I know that you mean! I like watching people who talk a little bit after watching the videos about their impressions and possible theories if the MV has any. Josh Binder on YT does a good job with that, and he and JRE are the only reactors I watch ;; 

Posted

IMO he's such a koreaboo

Posted

IMO he's such a koreaboo

I actually thought he was one of the less koreaboo ones LOL Mostly because he doesn't try to sprinkle in Korean in his videos or mention wanting to go to Korea (at least, not that I've seen!) He's pretty chill overall 

Posted

He's kind of boring to me since all this video are usually the same. Reaction with body rolls to the beat and that's it.

Posted

I do like him and watch his reactions to groups I like.  I feel like the problem with many Kpop reaction channels is that they can't really be honest about how they feel about a song in fear of the hate they will get from fans of that group.  That causes all the reactions to be pretty repetitive.

Posted

might get a  lot of hate, but I feel like I'm the only one who finds any kind of reaction video pretty dumb and pointless:alpacashocked: most of the time I just ignore the reactor and just watch the video.

they (reactors) say the same thing in almost every video, react to the most irrelevant videos (sorry if you're a fan of unknown groups) , and almost NEVER dislike a song. pretty sure this niche is still alive only because it's über easy quick view money, and for some reason a lot of [usually newer] (kpop) fans are desperate to get their tastes validated by people who are either "NON (KPOP) FANS!" or some sort of kpop fandom veteran/database. 

Also, JRE is a hot guy who doesn't seem like kpop would be his thing to a lot of people, that makes his fans like him even more I think. The whole /normal hot guy likes MY thing?!?/ thing. 

But on that note, I think he's also the least cringey of all his kpop yt friends right after kenny. Kenny is consistently hilarious imo, and doesn't react to literally every other video that gets uploaded from 1thek. Kenny's also the least koreaboo, which I think just about everyone else in their group kind of is tbh. Including JRE, who I think isn't a flat out koreaboo but he just has koreaboo-tendencies.

Lastly, their kpop song covers are so.. I just hope they aren't taking it as seriously as they make the cover videos look lol