• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Vic Mignogna

9630 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, I finally get a chance to check the thread and this is what happens? Botched page numbers??? :hurrplz: 

What a ride, from start to finish. Thank you, Vic's legal team, for a much needed laugh!

Posted

5 year-old Reddit with a couple Vig stories in the comments. The main thread is about a con experience slightly tampered by obssessive Vig stans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/weeabootales/comments/1uli0u/vic_mignogna_and_the_fangirls/

(Jan 10, 2014) - more testimonials in the replies
"Vic has habit of getting drunk and trying to pick up fan girls to go back to his hotel room. It's happened quite a few times and you could probably google it at this point.
I was talking with him over email once and he got kinda creepy, it turned into a "I look forward to meeting you on Friday ;) Lets talk more at the con, let me know at the autographs." After a series of strange messages. My creep radar exploded especially when I actually got to the con, the way he held fangirl's hands when doing autographs and the way he looked at the young girls was just too much. I got the autograph, he tenderly caressed my hand when he gave my book back, and I got the hell out of there without ever telling him who I was.
Luckily my story isn't like my friend's. She went to a con with a girl who ended up in an elevator with shitfaced Mignogna. The girl refused to go back to his room with him, but damn, he tried pretty hard.

I don't disagree that he's a chill guy. But he's got some weird stuff back there. Our emails were great until it started to sound like an internet hookup. Just sorta ruined the guy for me forever. This was also 6 years ago, so I don't doubt that he's changed since then."

(Jan 28, 2014)
"Vic had been black listed at a lot of cons. He's kind of an ass to work with. He breaks schedules, wanders into crowds of fans, is a jerk to fans, is kinda homophobic (Even though a lot of non fans think he might be gay), gets rowdy drunk, acts like he's gods gift to voice acting, insults staff, has wrecked green rooms and much more. I had the unpleasant experience of being his handler one con. Half way through my shift he ran off into a crowd, I said fuck it and told my lead she could chase him down because I'm not dealing with a manchild who doesn't want to do his Damn job. At that point I understood why so many places banned him. And his Rangers. Dear god, they need help amd he needs to stop egging them on.

Glad you had a good experience though.

Tl;dr: vic mcmansandwich is kind of a dick."

Remember MarzGurl's story? (2006)

1. I've personally been two feet away from a drunk Vic who came up into our elevator from the hotel bar with his arm over a girl's shoulder, all big grins and drinking in his celebrity, shoving his lips into the girl's ear and neck, with the girl having the most uncomfortable face I've ever seen, only to watch them exit the elevator and go off alone to a hotel room. You'd better believe I 100% believe the majority of stories that have come up about him because I caught a glimpse of the behavior with my own two eyes. And every one of my fringe-industry friends has for years had their own Vic stories. That was the running joke for years. "Everyone has a Vic story." It's time to stop making that a joke and treat it seriously.

[...]

Yes, wtf

Posted (edited)

Its the Transcript from the trial 

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

First impressions:
Sometimes the biggest value in a hearing doesn't involve the matter being dealt with in that hearing. Sometimes the real value is in what that hearing shows about the judge's thinking on other things.
This was that kind of hearing. 
Let's jump in.
As I mentioned earlier, I've read this and I'm short on time, so I'm going to skip more than I usually do. If I jump past anything that you have questions about, ask - I should have time to look at comments when I'm done, and I'll try to go back over any of those. 
Judge Chupp starts in the no-nonsense manner we're used to. Short version is that there are a ton of lawyers in the courtroom to represent Vic; two in the courtroom for Monica and Ron; and everyone else is on the phone so they don't have to drive to the wilderness of Fort Worth.
EJsBxPfX0AATrGD.png
One of the two lawyers for Monica and Ron is Mr. Martin; Martin is not someone we're familiar with and is only there to handle the request for sanctions against Lemoine. As we'll see, although this was nominally the point of the hearing, it occupied almost none of it. 
The first matter that the court moves to is the question of the deposition, and specifically whether the court's permission is needed to resume discovery. Judge Chupp is inclined to think that his permission is required.
EJsC2KbWoAAfJu9.png

EJsC2KLXkAE3QLK.jpgEJsC2KVW4AEAliB.png
I think Lemoine's interpretation is the one more in line w/ the statute, but (at least in retrospect) I'm not surprised that it's not the one Judge Chupp prefers. His thinking here, as is the case with his view that amending proceedings should not be allowed after TCPA filing... 
...gives the judge more of an ability to keep proceedings focused and on track. I doubt Judge Chupp is the only judge to have a similar view. 
The next bit tends to back that up, I think. Judge Chupp isn't hostile to more discovery per se; but wants to have say on if and when that discovery takes place - if Judge Chupp is convinced that it's relevant to the issue, it might be allowed.
EJsEhpQXYAIxf7u.pngEJsEhpRX0AEy-br.png
I think Lemoine could have answered Judge Chupp's question better here, but that's something that's more apparent in retrospect than it was at the time. That's the problem with questions like "why do you need this guy." There are lots of answers; figuring out the right one...
EJsFA3QXkAABFUU.pngEJsFA3bX0AAK6oh.png
...sometimes requires making the right guess about the judge's view of the case. Here, Judge Chupp is very narrowly focused on the deterrence aspect of the lawsuit - but not as focused on the factors that Lemoine is looking at. 
So we see that Judge Chupp is tightly focused on the deterrence aspect of sanctions, and that it's deterrence from filing additional suits, not deterrence from misconduct during the litigation.
EJsHEZtXkAAx0DZ.jpg
This is similar to discussions that I've had on Twitter with another lawyer recently; Judge Chupp seems to be where that lawyer was.

(I'm not tagging as a courtesy because the original poster of a thread can't untag in the thread for some reason.) 
Skipping ahead a few pages, we see part of the reason that this might be the case - Judge Chupp hasn't yet read everything filed. Specifically, he hasn't read the fees and sanctions motions, so he hasn't seen all the arguments yet. 
I should note that I've been at quite a few talks with judges, and some make it a practice to wait until the reply is in to read a motion, so that they can read both motion and reply together. 
But before we get to that bit, there's this exchange, which received some attention from the NMC and their feckless leader, involving whether or not Lemoine is confident about what the court of appeals will do.

As it turns out, Lemoine isn't confident.
EJsJZbSX0AAsbc5.png
But the thing that Lemoine isn't confident about isn't the substantive ruling. That was a no-brainer and everyone who isn't Vic, Ty, Nick or their assorted hangers-on knows as much.

The issue here is that there's an issue of first impression to deal with. 
Specifically, the issue is that there's no clear guidance from either the Fort Worth CoA or the Texas Supreme Court as to what factors are important when considering sanctions under the TCPA. Lemoine wants sanctions, and doesn't want the sanctions to get sent back. 
Now this part might seem like good news for Vic, if "we can save your life, and you'll only lose a leg" is good news. It looks like Judge Chupp is leaning toward "the attorneys fees are going to be a big chunk of change so sanctions might not be needed."
EJsKcr8XYAMEiHx.png
But the very next part of the exchange might not be as good news. At all.

Because, at least to me, this looks like a really strong hint.
EJsK8mfX0AEDnBz.png
Lemoine still has concerns about the other factors, and we're far from done with the hearing, but this particular exchange strikes me as being as much of an opportunity for the defense as the referral to mediation was an opportunity for the plaintiff.
EJsLqjGWkAApB2X.png
Skipping ahead slightly, we have this little exchange, which seems to have excited Mr. Martinez a bit.

But it's also worth noting that Mr. Martinez is doing the objecting, not Ty. And Ty is keeping his mouth shut. This may be the smartest thing Ty has done in this case.
EJsMtQeXkAEWiy3.png
Judge Chupp's question here strikes me as reasonable. And Lemoine is able to answer it fairly quickly - he wants to make sure there's a good record for the court of appeal.
EJsOfVtX0AAyPiX.pngEJsOfVvXYAEmYuq.jpg
And it looks like Judge Chupp is a bit more understanding of the situation once it's clear that Lemoine's not looking for an unlimited fishing expedition, just for an opportunity to get testimony for the hearing that's not possible due to where Slatosch lives.
EJsPGxyW4AAVCXW.png
(Be back in a bit - 15 minutes or so.) 
Sorry.

So Judge Chupp moves over to the plaintiff's side of the argument. Which it looks like Mr. Martinez will be taking, giving us all (not to mention the defense team) a chance to see how he performs.
EJsTH5YXkAE0FvZ.jpg
First impression: Martinez does not suck.

First two paragraphs could - and given Judge Chupp's all-business approach maybe should - be dropped. But it's a solid argument, at least on its face, and it's not being presented poorly.
EJsUSbZXYAYbZ_s.png
Martinez goes a bit long - maybe more than a bit - but covers the bases.

(Sorry - misthreaded this the first time.)
EJsVLEVWsAMBup8.jpg

EJsVLEeXsAIJvD7.pngEJsVLEXWwAEd5Aj.png
But I'm not going to quibble much about Martinez's style when he gets what he was asking for - no deposition.

This seems to, in part, be based on Judge Chupp leaning in the direction that the attorneys fees bill is going to be pretty big, so more sanctions might not be needed.
EJsV3JrW4AE4blx.pngEJsV3JkWsAAbZ_k.png
That said, and as I mentioned already, Judge Chupp indicated that the argument about the GFM meaning that Vic hasn't felt the normal level of litigation pain might be relevant. 
Moving on -
There's some additional back and forth in which the matter of having the attorney testify is raised, and in which there's then additional discussion of Slatosch.
EJsXnWaXYAACE8e.jpgEJsXnWcXsAItqMY.png
Ultimately, Judge Chupp continues to lean toward simplicity, but in a flexible way. It looks like the approach that he's leaning toward is, "let's have the hearing, and then I'll decide based on that if I think I need to hear more."
EJsYcsOW4AEfgVD.pngEJsYcslWkAYNofr.png
I'm going to skip past - because it's almost midnight - the next couple of pages and summarize them instead. For those who want to read along, it's pages 27-31.

Long story short, it's complicated. 
Without the deposition, the only way for Lemoine to get the information would be to put Beard on the stand - which could implicate work product if Beard testified but wouldn't if Slatosch did. But then there's more "is it necessary?" discussion. 
Ultimately, Judge Chupp elects a relatively efficient solution:

Let's have the hearing first, and if he decides at that point that he needs to hear more, then it's worth revisiting this. But for now, let's go with just Vic testifying, not Beard or Slatosch.
EJsaRlvXkAAkoyw.png
Based on my impression of Judge Chupp so far, I think he means that - he's leaning toward thinking he's got enough information to resolve the sanctions without that, but is open to changing his mind based on what happens then. 
I'll come back to this exchange at the end (if I'm still awake). For now, I'll say this: I like the use of the first person in this exchange.
EJsbc6-WoAARU7O.png
It sounds from this exchange that Judge Chupp has little doubt about what's going to happen with the premature appeal. I think there's good reason for that.

Also, Ty did better at keeping his mouth shut this time but still needs more practice.
EJscCY3WsAEIXvR.png
Most of the next bit with the appeal was pretty well covered already. I'm not seeing anything to change my mind about what was going on. Martinez does a decent job of arguing while radiating subtle reminders that he hadn't entered an appearance when the mistake was made.
EJsdTwmW4AI4I3y.jpg

EJsdTwoWwAAdDWt.jpgEJsdTwxXkAA7m_C.png
Essentially, it's a case of being sure that Judge Chupp still can rule on the fees and sanctions without that harming the plaintiff's ability to appeal the substantive ruling, since that could seriously harm the plaintiff.
EJsd09LWkAAJZPR.jpgEJsd09QXYAIbsBZ.jpg
But it does appear that I owe Martinez Hsu a bit of an apology for some of my earlier laughter about them paying the appeal. It looks like the reason they did this was so that the appeal would be dismissed substantively rather than procedurally.
EJseMtpWwAA3ADu.png
So the payment of the fees instead of allowing the case to be dismissed was deliberate and a choice made based on discussion at the hearing. The need to pay the fees at all, however, was still a screw-up. 
And the next few pages are a continuation of the discussion of appeals. I don't really have anything to add here that I didn't say when this was covered based on the observer report. Appellate jurisdiction is easy to mess up. That can be bad for everyone.
EJsgHlMXsAMkE3Y.jpg

EJsgHlEWkAEmalr.jpgEJsgHlIXYAAJJct.png
Mr. Martin gets to do the thing he was there to do, which was to confirm that Mr. Lemoine is not being sanctioned.
EJsgkGrWsAEXUcq.png
This exchange is one I almost skipped over, but thought it was important to highlight. Because it shows just how stupid the fight over the wording of the order really was.

The judge says - without prompting - that the defense can reurge the deposition at the hearing.
EJshHfGW4AcHLYa.png
Why on earth would you then fight about including that wording in the order? Fighting that point would have been dumb no matter what, but they found a way to turn that knob up a couple more notches anyway. 
So there's an additional indication that Judge Chupp isn't inclined to put Ty on the stand. And that's about it for the hearing.
EJsiACPXkAAp4vg.jpg
Impressions:
(1) On paper, Martinez looks better equipped to handle things than Ty. He was able to stay reasonably on script, and generally appears to have avoided making a mess on the floor.

That said, I wasn't there and a lot of advocacy is in the presentation. 
(2) The defense didn't get a lot of what they wanted out of this hearing, but they did (I think) get a read on Judge Chupp's thinking about the sanctions. To my inexperienced eye, there was a clear signal to focus on the Go Fund Me, and (potentially) the stuff about "Round 2." 
(3) Recognizing that this is based only on transcripts and might change if I was in the room, I'm still favorably impressed with Judge Chupp. Not overly formal, distinctly pragmatic in approach, but seems to have a "we" attitude toward litigation issues. 
(4) Judge Chupp essentially told the plaintiffs to file a motion to quash the Ty subpoena. But that was still no excuse for the piss-poor job that was done with that motion. 
It's late enough to be early - that's all I've got for tonight. 

Posted

Gosh you know Ty is terrible when Ty's best performance during this trail was when he shut up and let someone else deal with it

Posted (edited)

Michele Specht (his ex-fiancé) emails to Vig and cc'd to the "Vic Whisperer"

Basically calling him out for betraying her so many times and exploiting other women while they were still engaged.

Transcript

Subject: I think I understand
Date: March 14, 2019 at 12:46:01 AM PDT
To: Vic Mignogna <[email protected]>
Cc: Lisa Hansell <redacted>

I believe I understand now. 

During the entirety of our time together, you threw out fishing lines of 'interest' to other women whenever you saw an opportunity - looking for any indication of a positive response that you could make a move on... but you loved me, right? 

You had regular exchanges of intimate, romantic, and sexually explicit messages, pictures, even videos between yourself and countless women - strangers, acquaintances, fans, and 'friends' - even got blow jobs and more from a few whenever available... but you loved me, right? 

You paid for hookers at some out of town events you didn't already have 'companionship' scheduled - and utilized mutual friends' to research and book them for you... but you loved me, right? 

You systematically targeted dozens upon dozens of fangirls (most at least half your age) with whom you first built trust - some over long periods of time online, some in a manner of minutes in person - and made each one feel so very special and 'chosen' with the endless charm, attention, and mask of sincerity that abounds when you want something - seduced them, propositioned them, and turned them into convention fucks - doing so in every city and every country you went to - calling me afterward like you always did before you went to bed (sometimes with them still in the room)... but you loved me, right? 

You used your STC and con buddies as regular 'wingmen' at conventions to help arrange these hook-ups - fucking your way from one cosplayer to another - one group to the next - telling each one "I don't usually do this - there's just something about you" - convincing them you didn't need to use condoms because "they were the only one" or "don't worry - I'm taken care of" - after which you would come home and slip into our bed beside me as if nothing had happened... but you loved me, right? 

You started several serious second relationships - additional 'longterm girlfriends' the whole time we were living together and engaged - flew them out to spend the weekend with you at events, took romantic trips out of town, spent major holidays and birthdays with them when you were 'too busy working' to be with me or my family, created secret contact names on your phone to keep them hidden, carved time and energy out of our life to focus on them, built serious emotional relationships with them and told them how much you loved them everyday... but you loved me, right? 

You turned my concerns about flirtatious and overly 'intimate' interactions I myself witnessed, and that others told me they witnessed, into opportunities to be offended and affronted to respond in anger and sometimes aggression - flipped the situations so I would seem delusional or even crazy - as if I was the one who couldn't let go or forget: "When will that shit be done with when will it be over? When will I finally be forgiven?"... but... you loved me, right?

Every woman you are in any way attracted to becomes a 'source' - useful to you for one single purpose: to make you feel  attractive/virile/significant/important/wanted/needed/special/famous and less insecure in whatever capacity they are willing or able to provide it - without a single thought about the ramifications to them, me, or us when you were done with them. 

You've never wanted a partner - never wanted an equal, independent, free thinking person that you could mutually respect, support, or encourage in personal growth or the betterment of a symbiotic relationship - you want someone lower and lesser - someone over whom you hold power and position - someone you can manipulate and control - someone whose sole purpose is to admire you - to agree with and affirm the limited and glossed over version of yourself you selectively present - someone who will only see what you want them to see - a 2-dimensional and filtered persona - all while you hide from, lie about, cover up, and literally ignore the person you actually choose to be every minute of every day by making every one of these choices over and over and over again.

And every time over the last year I thought I had a handle on the depth of shock, disbelief, and betrayal I experienced when learning about these things, I learn something new... and again prove above and beyond my incredible capacity to feel even MORE pain over loving you, standing by you, trusting you, and BELIEVING in you and in our life together for so long...

This is the truth. This is what happened. When surveyed in totality, it's impossible for a reasonable person to believe you've ever cared for, thought about, considered, prioritized, protected, or LOVED anyone other than yourself. Ever.

I spent the past year thinking the reconciliation of suffering and healing was mine to do alone. assuming all those participating in your hidden exploits did so consensually. But private wounds were cracked open by the public declarations of other women speaking up about the harassment or abuse you inflicted upon them. And since the few who came forward openly, so very many more have reached out privately - to me, and others close to us - all of them in tears, pain, and shame. Colleagues, cosplayers, fans (one of whom was underage at the time of her 'experience with you), and most heartbreaking of all: members of our own STC family. That's member-S. Plural.

I say this with all seriousness: I am praying for you. I am praying for you BIG TIME. The pain you've caused others would never be enough to move you to self honesty or accountability - it would have to be pain you feel YOURSELF that might hit you deep enough to bring you to the point of surrender. I hope you're there. I hope you're finally willing to accept responsibility for being exactly where you are due to your choices, and your choices alone - to stop this useless effort of blaming others and desperately trying to 'save face' - and finally get down to the hard work of saving your ass, and your soul.

I hope this is it. For your sake, and the sake of everyone left in the wake of your wreckage, I truly do.

Subject: Dear Michele
Date: March 19, 2019 at 11:25:58 AM PDT
To: michele specht

I am only now beginning to understand the depth of the pain I caused you, and the weight of it is nearly unbearable. I'm so ashamed and so deeply sorry. Those words don't even come close to sufficing. I'm working with a counselor and am fully committed to healing. There is so much I want to say, but I need to get further along in this process to have a clearer perspective.

I do hope you're praying for me vs. for my destruction.

Date: March 20, 2019 at 12:09:55 AM PDT
To: victor mignogna <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Dear Michele

If I wanted your destruction, I wouldn't need to pray for it. I have had the opportunity, ammunition, and justification to do so - easily - for almost a year.

I didn't wait for the 'right' words from you in order to start healing and working to try to come up with them shouldn't be the goal of yours. I could only surrender to my own pain and powerlessness, and examine the truth within my own mind and heart with humility and fearless honesty - as can you. It's the only real hope for all of us.

Subject: Dear Michele
Date: March 22, 2019 at 2:27:10 PM PDT
To: michele specht

I wasn't meaning to try to come up with the "right words". There are no right words. I was just meaning to say that no words that could suffice coming close to communicating my shame and remorse for the hurt i've caused you. My goal is to do whatever is necessary to get real healing and try to somehow make amends if possible.

Once again, he's playing ignorant (despite those Rumor panels) and claiming he's "trying to make amends".

And this was one month after he announced his LOLsuit. The guilt must really be weighing him down.

Edited by Pierced Areolas

Posted

Michele Specht (his ex-fiancé) emails to Vig and cc'd to the "Vic Whisperer"

Basically calling him out for betraying her so many times and exploiting other women while they were still engaged.

Transcript

Hidden Content

Once again, he's playing ignorant (despite those Rumor panels) and claiming he's "trying to make amends".

And this was one month after he announced his LOLsuit. The guilt must really be weighing him down.

Or at this point he realized that he  was fucked and trying to save face. 

Posted

Or at this point he realized that he  was fucked and trying to save face. 

What I want to know is what information his ex-fiancee has because if it's that damning then I think it needs to be shared. Unless this is about her then it should be kept private if she so desires. But still, I wonder what he has done that she could end him. 

Posted (edited)

What I want to know is what information his ex-fiancee has because if it's that damning then I think it needs to be shared. Unless this is about her then it should be kept private if she so desires. But still, I wonder what he has done that she could end him. 

Maybe she doesn't want to out any friends and family who are currently not involved in the controversy (esp if there are private communications).

Or maybe she wants to stay out of the drama herself, which no one should blame her for.

Realizing she had loved, trusted and committed herself to a shameless irredeemable scumbag must have been emotionally devastating for her.

Edited by Pierced Areolas

Posted

Tbh from the email it basically sounds like all the rumors already floating around. Using fans to inflate his diva ego. Hiring prostitutes during cons. Sexually harassing people to feel attractive. 

It's just another piece of the 'Vic is trash' puzzle. 

Posted (edited)

Idk what happen to PULL  for the past two days but to recap

1. Sanction trial happen https://t.co/wlTM5NJkv8
  2. Turn out none of the previous trials was Vic first time at a trial he had one in 97
  3. He fucked up so bad and because of the 97 trial he never disclose during all of this its a possiblity he could end up in jail
  4. Vic threw Nick under the fucking bus
  5. Hoes stay mad.

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

2. Turn out none of the previous trials was Vic first time at a trial he had one in 97
  3. He fucked up so bad and because of the 97 trial he never disclose during all of it its its a possiblity he could end up in jail
  5. Hoes stay mad.

Vic seriously did fuck Vic over omg. 

Posted

3. He fucked up so bad and because of the 97 trial he never disclose during all of it its its a possiblity he could end up in jail
  5. Hoes stay mad.

My guess is server trouble.

But also Wooooow Vic.   

Posted

3. He fucked up so bad and because of the 97 trial he never disclose during all of this its a possiblity he could end up in jail
  5. Hoes stay mad.

Oh my god, Vic could end up in jail for Perjury, wow Vic is toast