• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Vic Mignogna

9688 posts in this topic

Posted

Prepare for trolls if this takes off btw. 

Screenshot_20190211-151953_Chrome.jpg

Posted

I'm pretty sure Vic's known about the investigation and his inevitable firing for a while, the whole "whatever happens to me" message he sent out to fans to make them stop threatening violence reeked of him accepting his (unemployed) fate.

Still, LMFAOOOOOOO.

Ugh, how annoying. Hopefully not a lot of people see this but if it's already in the water we might want to make sure mods take measures to prevent any spam. (Also, "players"? what.)

Best case scenario people will see that this topic has existed for a long while and not just after the hashtag started up, hopefully realizing this isn't just because of the Broly movie.

Posted

Hey. I just made an account today for this site today, although I've been keeping up with this specific forum for couple weeks because (scarily) it is the only forum thread I could find online where it actually supports the side of the victims and taking their allegations for word. Youtube, Twitter, hell even the friendliest of anime forums I've been in have let me down throughout this situation in seeing so many people side with Vic, when I've known for quite some time through a friend of mine who's personally told me of her experience with him, and have known that he's been a shady character for a while. This all isn't some bs conspiracy of "allegations" the anime community likes to paint it as.

What's gotten under my skin, however, is this bullshit that all the victims, especially Monica Rial, have been putting up with. She has a youtube channel where all these gross "#istandwithvic" people have been spamming and hating on even though the video had nothing to do with the situation (hell, it's 7 months old!). It bothers me so much seeing how there's no supportive comments on there for her anywhere in sight. I left one comment saying that I was in support of her and how didn't deserve all the hate, and now one of these trolls come to spam and dislike on my speedpaint video :derp:

rngc444JyzN5etwMXMPDpeZ2hvwDSHpodc0X8nG0

Like, I'm just a simple artist online trying to make a platform for myself, and then they just come and turn my art video into a cluster fuck. My bf saw the comments on the vid and told them off, but more and more just came until they were making my video full of dislikes instead of likes. I ended up deleting and turning off comments for peace of mind, but it was so insensitive :/, I hardly have over 100 views on my video and not a lot of subscribers on my channel. I don't need this bullshit from some salty Vic Mignogna stans coming after me for simply trying to defend a voice actor I've followed for years.

Posted (edited)

Anime News Nina predicted #KickVic and #IStandWithVic back in 2007

Edited by Nya.nko

Posted

lol.thumb.PNG.ae3cf489348837288218b48294

Someone else linked PULL in the twitter thread before this schmuck said anything. "Den of cyberbullies" LMAO they haven't seen what lolcow or KF are saying about Vic. 

Posted

I guess you can say he got, Evicted

Should have added this gif

giphy.gif

Either way you win 

lol.thumb.PNG.ae3cf489348837288218b48294

Someone else linked PULL in the twitter thread before this schmuck said anything. "Den of cyberbullies" LMAO they haven't seen what lolcow or KF are saying about Vic. 

Lolcow says the same shit we said here and some users on KF agree he should be fired soooo

Posted

I'm pretty sure Vic's known about the investigation and his inevitable firing for a while, the whole "whatever happens to me" message he sent out to fans to make them stop threatening violence reeked of him accepting his (unemployed) fate.

Still, LMFAOOOOOOO.

Ugh, how annoying. Hopefully not a lot of people see this but if it's already in the water we might want to make sure mods take measures to prevent any spam. (Also, "players"? what.)

Best case scenario people will see that this topic has existed for a long while and not just after the hashtag started up, hopefully realizing this isn't just because of the Broly movie.

Players is another variant of the whole NPC thing that these Alt-Right jackasses like to use.  Anyone against them is not a real person in their eyes and just someone they the “real” person needs to take out.

Posted (edited)

I was reading one of the comments on that post, and the person saying what she's saying seems to actually be one of the more level-headed fans:

"But at the same time, I don't want to be someone who ignores or discredits troubling stories just because they're coming against someone I like, y'know? People see the outward appearance, but only God sees the heart. I don't know Vic. Even if I'd met him ten times and it FELT like I did, I still wouldn't know him! I don't hang around him all the time, I'm not personal friends with him, I don't work with him or talk with him regularly...I CAN'T truthfully say that I "know" him. That is a simple fact. And I think it's a fact that applies to many of us here, too. As much as we love him and want to support him...for me personally, I have to acknowledge the very real possibility that he might not be as innocent as he's acting. "

Why can't all his fans be like this? D: Why can't they be as open minded?? Oh yeah, cause they're more obsessive. -_-

lmao they probably hung this poor girl out to dry after reading her comment and I wouldn't be surprised if they went and started bullying her off social media too. These people are dangerously toxic, they'll even start turning on each other

Edited by equivocal_norm
needed to finish what i was saying

Posted

Hidden Content

I made this post on the 8th 

• Monica Rial is gonna be fired from funimation for her "safety"
  • Vic isn't gonna be let go but isn't gonna be dubbing for funi for a while (like 6 months until this blows over)
  • Vic IS gonna be blacklisted from other dubbing companies because of this
  • Many of the other funiation VA are gonna stage a boycott until he is let go 
  • When the realize he isn't gonna be let go 1/2 is gonna leave to other companies if they aren't under contract with Funi
  • Funi is gonna "let go"(fire)  of Vic then 
  • The ones that left are gonna come back
  • Monica Rial is gonna be Re-hired if she isn't working on something.

Its more likely that some of the VA that worked with Funimation staged a boycott forcing the funimation investigation  but again we don't know 

Posted

We may “cyberbully” a grown man (although I’d argue that we discuss and update one another on pop-culture stuff, in this case, Anime VA)

At least we don’t sexually assault CHILDREN and adults.

I can sleep at night soundly, I’ve never been sexually assualted. Vic can too because he’s unrepentant in his actions. His victims on the other hand, he may have hurt for life and that is disheartening. I believe we should be able to acknowledge that in a forum.

Thank goodness Funimation dropped Vic.

Posted

I have to laugh at those people claiming we're the ones getting Vic in trouble. We're a gossip site not the illuminaughty  or whatever.

The thread started in 2017 too and some stories were out there were posted in the 2000s.  We can't make those up unless we have time travel. And if I had time travel I'd be using it to get good grades on college tests. 

Posted

I have to laugh at those people claiming we're the ones getting Vic in trouble. We're a gossip site not the illuminaughty  or whatever.

The thread started in 2017 too and some stories were out there were posted in the 2000s.  We can't make those up unless we have time travel. And if I had time travel I'd be using it to get good grades on college tests. 

I kind of want to be part of the illuminaughty ;3 

Ahem. Anyway as I said before people are going to be lashing out at everything until they can't lash out at anyone one person anymore. When this happens they will begin to devour each other inside out ultimately turning on Vic. It's how it happens in fandoms. When there is no one left to beat around the bush then there is nothing left but a spiral end. 

Also, people need to be careful if they are going to attack sites. Sure they will confront PULL because PULL doesn't pull (haha no pun intended) shit that Kiwifarms might. I can't wait when the wrong person pokes the KF nest and get stung. 

Posted

I guess you can say he got, Evicted

Goddammit Barb...

Posted

By the way, just so you know, I'm active right now on PULL, so the entire thing has been a conspiracy.

conspiracy.JPG

Posted

By the way, just so you know, I'm active right now on PULL, so the entire thing has been a conspiracy.

conspiracy.JPG

To that crazy dude that took my post out of context here let me give you some

1- I am Anti SJW so this movement isn't about SJW for me personally

2- Since you #istandwithvic people like to use "Facts don't care about your feelings" bullshit let me give you some 

FACT- many old anime fans for 10+ years have been trying to get rid of him from VA before the #metoo movement so your point is mute also 

FACT-https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/anime-manga-comics/watch-vic-mignogna-lie/t.43797613_1/ Heres a thread on gaiaonline that also predates the #metoo movement

FACT- Funimation most likey let him go due to the other VA out cry not due to this shit also do to the fact he was becoming more of a liablity and the fact Vic couldn't hide behind Gen seeing how he step down.

3. I was thanking marzgurl for linking stuff in this thread. am i not allowed to thank people who have been a huge help in this  or any other thread you dipshit?

You guys gotta stop putting this guy on a pedestal. If he met you IRL he wouldn't give two shits about you so for you #istandwithvic'ers to do all this for a guy who could care less about you is kinda fucking odd to me