• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Vic Mignogna

8815 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-07-31/former-tekkoshocon-staff-allege-mignogna-harassed-macross-voice-actress-mari-iijima/.149505

According to Hunt, both Mignogna and Mari Iijima were once again guests at the Tekkoshocon event in 2010. This is where Mignogna, Hunt claimed, began stalking the voice actress. His alleged pursuit of Iijima got to the point that the voice actress was secretly rebooked to a room on a separate floor and wing of her hotel. Hunt also said that Iijima was so frightened of Mignogna that she was given a security detail.

ANN contacted Jim Gogal, who was the was President of the Board of Tekkoshocon Inc. and Chief Executive Officer in 2010. He told ANN that Iijima's room was moved once during the 2010 event.

According to Gogal, “She had reported to me that Mignogna had been calling her room and showed up there at one point. She was moved to a different room inside the same hotel. This room was booked under a different name to prevent any future incidents. Iijima was also given extra security afterwards.” Gogal said Iijima remained in her new room for the duration of the event.

Gogal also stated, “Mignogna and Iijima's schedules were specifically made so they would not encounter each other at her [Iijima's] request. This was because, as she relayed to me, his past behavior and harassment to her.”

ANN sent a query to Iijima about the alleged incidents involving Mignogna at either the 2007 or 2010 Tekkoshocon event. Iijima declined to comment on the matters.

In Mignogna's deposition on June 26, he stated that he did not recall being uninvited from Tekkoshocon and that his absence from the convention was not related to allegations that he was stalking someone at the event. He also denied knowing Hunt or her colleague.

Hunt says that at the 2010 event, Tekkoshocon gave Mignogna a “rumors panel to make excuses for the rumors” about him. Gogal sent ANN a copy of the panel description, in which it is listed as “Rumors with Vic Mignogna.” Part of the event description reads, “In the anime industry, a lot of people make up lots of stories about lots of things for lots of reasons. Come to this panel with Vic and find out the real answers to some these rumors [sic]... and even ask questions about things you've heard yourself!”

Hunt posted a video of the panel on YouTube here, in multiple parts. The subject of sexual misconduct comes up in the video of the panel briefly (half a minute in to the seventh part, here), where one member of the audience said another person claimed Mignoga was “a little too friendly with his younger female fans.” Mignogna's response in the video is that fans want to hug him, and that "the people that I do embrace appreciate that I embrace them, that I care enough about them to do that."

Hunt told ANN, “Tekko skewed much, much younger than any other con I staffed with a high number of high school kids (and even younger) being a visible presence.”

She said that she notified the Tekko convention staff on June 9, 2019 to give them a “heads up” that she would be posting material regarding Mignogna on Twitter. She said that she received no response from Tekko until after she started posting the material on June 27.

Well i hope he likes dealing the Old Macross fans wrath because they tend to hold Mari Ijima in high regards 

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Maybe Ty should have his hand examined? Whoops. Wrong quote.

Ty does care let's be real. :P Without us ISWV has nothing better to do since they are all mostly blocked on Twitter from everyone there. 

I feel bad for Mari. It should not have happened. 

This is how sick Vic is and what his "fans" are enabling him to do. He's hurting people for the sake of his own ego. He doesn't give a shit about how the other side feels. There is something very, very, very wrong about Vic. 

Posted

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-07-31/former-tekkoshocon-staff-allege-mignogna-harassed-macross-voice-actress-mari-iijima/.149505

Well i hope he likes dealing the Old Macross fans wrath because they tend to hold Mari Ijima in high regards 

What a fucking asshole. Thinks he's so much better than others that he harasses a VA with more talent in her little finger than his whole wretched body. It's not surprising, however. Non-exclusive child offenders usually repeat this same behavior with adults they think they can manipulate. If Mari Ijima wasn't very good at English, he probably figured she wouldn't tell anyone because of that and the racist assumption Asian women are submissive. Pure speculation, of course. Another to add onto the pile of "hearsay" about Vic being a sex offender.

Posted

What a fucking asshole. Thinks he's so much better than others that he harasses a VA with more talent in her little finger than his whole wretched body. It's not surprising, however. Non-exclusive child offenders usually repeat this same behavior with adults they think they can manipulate. If Mari Ijima wasn't very good at English, he probably figured she wouldn't tell anyone because of that and the racist assumption Asian women are submissive. Pure speculation, of course. Another to add onto the pile of "hearsay" about Vic being a sex offender.

Is it really suprising at this point? 

Posted

Nope considering how deep they have their heads in the ground. I see this escalating even worse in harrassment. Especially to those who gave statements to the defense 

Posted

At this point nothing surprises me with the shit coming out about Vic. He's a disgusting human being and all he has for fans at this point aren't even real anime fans. I'm pretty sure at this point the whole anime community is disgusted, and they should be. This is why no one takes anime seriously because we have creeps like Vic who think he can do whatever and whenever he likes without consequences and sadly he has gotten away with this shit far too long. Far, far too long. 

Posted

At this point nothing surprises me with the shit coming out about Vic. He's a disgusting human being and all he has for fans at this point aren't even real anime fans. I'm pretty sure at this point the whole anime community is disgusted, and they should be. This is why no one takes anime seriously because we have creeps like Vic who think he can do whatever and whenever he likes without consequences and sadly he has gotten away with this shit far too long. Far, far too long. 

It's just sad, because there are great people in the anime community who don't want this shit, but they are being overshadowed by people like Vic

Posted

It's just sad, because there are great people in the anime community who don't want this shit, but they are being overshadowed by people like Vic

People like Vic who were never talented to be honest. He had like what two voices he could do? There are so many other VAs who could do numerous voices including female VAs who could do male roles! Like Vic ain't nothing. And he's not even cute? He's like over 40+ so I just don't get what folks see in him. I really don't. 

Posted

People like Vic who were never talented to be honest. He had like what two voices he could do? There are so many other VAs who could do numerous voices including female VAs who could do male roles! Like Vic ain't nothing. And he's not even cute? He's like over 40+ so I just don't get what folks see in him. I really don't. 

Neither do I. He looks like those guys who try to be young forever to outrun the inevitable realization that by the time you are 70. Your looks are gone for good and no popularity contest you won matters anymore. You are just like everyone else in the world. And no shrimpy Alchemist role or Pretty Boy Host Club role is ever going to change that.

It's just a fact of life. Looks fade, but actions you made on the world last forever. So it is important to make good decisions and do good in the world.  

Posted

there's a lot better looking and more talented male VAs out there than vic, which is why his popularity always kind of confused me. Maybe it's his "how do you do, fellow kids?" thing

Posted

there's a lot better looking and more talented male VAs out there than vic, which is why his popularity always kind of confused me. Maybe it's his "how do you do, fellow kids?" thing

Troy Baker 

Can't even tell it's him sometimes

Posted (edited)

The truest of the true scumbag cross over only the scumist of scum could ever dream of

for those that don't get it Doug Walker is there Next to Vic

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Ugh, Vic is such fucking scum for harassing a foreigner the way he did. Mari deserved so much better than that. Thankfully she was able to lay low from him, but he still should never have done such horrible things to her.

I mean hell even his Rangers are keeping quiet about everything now, and little by little they're ditching him. All he has now are the alt-right anti SJW crowd(and one super thirsty dumb fangirl).

Posted

Troy Baker 

Can't even tell it's him sometimes

God I love Troy. He was in Funimation as well and now he’s doing big games and has a YouTube channel with Nolan North. There are other voice actors who were in Funimation at the same time as Vic and have moved onto bigger things. ((Laura Bailey, Travis Willingham, Etc.)) Even the new guys who came in after Vic are becoming more known. ((Matt Mercer, J Michael Tatum...))