• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Vic Mignogna

9713 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In the aftermath of the Tekko statement, the lickers have once again shown that:

- they don't understand how conventions work

- they don't understand how cameras work

- they don't understand that batteries are a thing

This is whats getting me too. My experience with cons and expos is that official guests; You can't just take random photos with your own gear. 

You pay for the photos and they are done by a professional. You try and take photos in line and security will deal with you. Panels a bit more leeway, but then the panel knows they are being watched and aren't going to get handsy. 

I mean take  a professional shot, thats fine, then a kiss on the cheek and the forehead afterwards. Oops totally no evidence that happened because the photographer was prepping for the next guest. 

Edited by Ume Ochazuke

Posted

Like how does this make any sense at all?

Former Tekko staff and guests "This stuff happened at Tekko 2007"

Tekko exec release statement "There have been no reports that we are aware of after the current board took over in 2013. We have no information about anything prior to 2013"

Lickers "haha, nothing ever happened. Those former staff and guests are lying"

Are they incapable of understanding that 2007 is before 2013 and that the Tekko statement said that the current exec have no idea if something did or didn't happen then?

In the case of Tekkocon, it appears that the convention changed owners in September 2012 (it looks like the con was brought out by the current owners). In such transactions, the primary information that is transferred in the transition between operating groups is the financial details and any contacts and contracts with 3rd parties such as venues and suppliers. If they retain any other documents from the prior operators, in all likelihood, any reports about Vic is sitting in a box somewhere that no one on the current exec has bothered to open.

Posted

This is whats getting me too. My experience with cons and expos is that official guests; You can't just take random photos with your own gear. 

You pay for the photos and they are done by a professional. You try and take photos in line and security will deal with you. Panels a bit more leeway, but then the panel knows they are being watched and aren't going to get handsy. 

I mean take  a professional shot, thats fine, then a kiss on the cheek and the forehead afterwards. Oops totally no evidence that happened because the photographer was prepping for the next guest. 

Exactly. Vic can only do so much during his panels when thousands of witnesses are watching. Yes, he has done creepy shit during his panels, but nothing past whispering weird lines of his into a fangirl's ears. Oh, well, there was that one time he jumped on an actor, that was also pretty bad. But I mean, he's gonna save the much worse stuff for behind closed doors.

Posted

Add "how sex offenders are prosecuted" and "the Federal/State Rules of Evidence" to it too. In a case of a guy like Vic, eyewitness testimony is huge. If a criminal case came out of this, a decent prosecutor would get all of his victims and people who saw him sexually assaulting girls and use that as 404 b/"similar fact" evidence. The actual testimony doesn't have to stand up on its own as a case because most humans understand that getting a lot of people who don't know each other to lie is near impossible. It's not used to prove he committed a crime - it proves his common patterns of abuse, intent, and disproves "he just brushed against them!!!". Oh, and there's rule 413. Face it likkkers, Vic would be screwed in a criminal court with a good prosecutor.

Posted

Hey guys gonna be kind of awol this week with the 4th coming and family coming so I won't be around much if at all. But it's really sad how people are just totally dismissing everything. Like we have to listen to ISWV's bullshit everyday they can listen to the actual evidence. 

Like when they say actual evidence what are they wanting? Let's be real they want pictures of an actual raped person. Do they even know what that would entail? I sometimes feel like ISWV doesn't understand attempt assault and rape at all. And even if they have said picture they would just dismiss it like they do everything else. 

These people will never be satisfied and for the rest of their life they are going to clamor on about a deadbeat voice actor while ignoring the pain and suffering of his victims because you know that's humane apparently to ISWV. 

Sorry if this was kind of triggering for some folks but honestly ISWV doesn't care about anything but "winning". They don't want to hear or see the evidence out there because they know it would mean this whole time they aren't any better than Vic himself. 

Posted

Hey guys gonna be kind of awol this week with the 4th coming and family coming so I won't be around much if at all. But it's really sad how people are just totally dismissing everything. Like we have to listen to ISWV's bullshit everyday they can listen to the actual evidence. 

Like when they say actual evidence what are they wanting? Let's be real they want pictures of an actual raped person. Do they even know what that would entail? I sometimes feel like ISWV doesn't understand attempt assault and rape at all. And even if they have said picture they would just dismiss it like they do everything else. 

These people will never be satisfied and for the rest of their life they are going to clamor on about a deadbeat voice actor while ignoring the pain and suffering of his victims because you know that's humane apparently to ISWV. 

Sorry if this was kind of triggering for some folks but honestly ISWV doesn't care about anything but "winning". They don't want to hear or see the evidence out there because they know it would mean this whole time they aren't any better than Vic himself. 

That would require thought and comprehension. Both things they have shown to be greatly lacking.

They just go round in circles.

"Where's the evidence?"

Here. *Shows evidence*

"That's fake. You're lying"

O.o That is evidence. *describes what evidence is*

"There's no police reports, none of this ever happened"

O.o ... *describes how reporting works, shows studies on why victims of harassment and assault often don't report, shows studies on lack of action by police after reports of sexual harassment/assault*

"lol. no evidence. never happened. you can't prove anything."

"Where's the evidence?"

The only thing they accept as true is whatever Nick, Ty and the troll tubers vomit out. Everything else is a lie to them. They don't even accept Vic's own statements, where he admitted to much of it, as true.

Posted

What they don't know is if there is a smoking gun out there, they're never going to see it. The police and Casey for this case or other cases at this point will be the ones who will have it so they can use it. There's a reason lawyers say no comment. Also judges aren't stupid. They are very often very smart if overworked people for the most part.

Posted

Heads up, new details and thread from our daring ghost:

Posted

Heads up, new details and thread from our daring ghost:

Fact: 2009 @animecentral I somehow was the person in charge of American guest invites in GR while still doing the schedule. 

He wasn't actually supposed to be there because he had been banned from the convention in 2005, where he circumvented GR (@gavv) after 2004.

Given I had a lot of experience with Vic between Ohayocon, ACen and Tekko, and that I now had to be his handler as well (thanks ACen) My coping mechanism was give him every panel he requested.

Every single one. Keep him busy.
Reason? Because I really did not have the time to deal with his bullshit. Keep him in events so that IRT could mostly take charge and keep him from being late and killing my schedule.
When I had to handle him on the floor personally, I got to be the bad guy to make his talks end on time. I had to deal with him being a creep & jerk to me. Whatever. I knew it. 

I was given to him specifically BECAUSE I was 'cute' and was famous for enduring bullshit.
Now, Vic asks for a lot and whines when told no. Well... give him what he wants and it's no surprise it's a bit more than he can chew.

I wasn't surprised when Sat late afternoon he asks to cancel his last event for the day. And you know, we had venue issues so again, whatever.
His idea of 'thanks' when it is called down to panels was a hug that then goes down to an ass grab. His little way of getting back at me I suspect to show that he had power over me despite I was the one to take care of the ask.
I ended up crying in the GR kitchen that night.

Worst part: I had done such a good job it was seen as the first 'good' Vic year (ie, I took the brunt) and I was forced to send him an invite in 2010. Because I had been able to wrangle him.
Between that and Tekko inviting him back... I'll be honest, I came to stop caring for the first time in my con career.

It showed to my peers, but nobody was doing anything about it. Don't be too loud. Don't speak up too much. Vic's too popular.

I couldn't do it.
I'd been mistreated for so long to the point to this day I have a hard time gauging if that decade of work was worth it. I stumbled into my career in part form the skills I picked up as we all had to learn to be businesses. 

But...
There is the side that is angry. All too often my recommendations or insights were dismissed because I was a girl. I was often held to a different standard.
Being young and conventionally attractive, I would be deliberately placed in problematic situations. Rather than expect the men to behave, it was expected that someone would just have to 'appease' in a situation.
And every time I would speak up it was a negative. Of someone who just complained. Who needed to be okay with being one of the guys.

They didn't have to live with the consequences and I was often willing to endure certain things knowing it would be someone else.
My cohort in running panels at Acen and I discussed this. We were roughly the same age and came in at the same time.

The adults in the room weren't willing to look out for the lot of us, who were mostly kids. And it wasn't right that it was us who had to be more responsible.

Posted

I didn't know Mr. "Well-She-Didn't-Say-No" was a fan of ours.

Then again, he has a conspiracy clip of the WTC 9/11 plane attacks retweeted as "Literally #KickVic"

I can't breathe guys, I'm laughing too hard.

xDxDxD

Posted

🍤🍤🍤

How does he post on Twitter when he clearly can't read?

Posted

Shouldn't the hashtag be #ISWVMoron?

Posted (edited)

The depos are over. The Defendants won't release transcripts b/c talking about the case doesn't help. Percy and Screech can't release transcripts b/c they're damning. But they will release excerpts to keep the acolytes jazzed and inclined to donate that sweet sweet GFM money

If you can't see the entire transcript from start to finish, and someone is trying to tell you what it says, you're being played. Spun. Vicroll'd.

It's unlikely there will be any meaningful developments until the anti-SLAPP filing deadline on July 19th Until then, anyone treating routine filings as major case news is probably lying to you

Vic / Percy / Screech are going to get collectively blown out. You can tell from the way the conVics focus on insults, the way Screech tries to lower expectations, and the way none of them can cite any relevant court cases

Vic better hopes nothing get leaks from the Depo phase  

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Vic better hopes nothing get leaks from the Depo phase  

I just adore he calls Racket Screech b/c that is all he does really. 

Pull thanks you for the Threadnought Greg  Doucette. 

Posted

I love this guy and all the lawyers who have had enough of this crap. I don't know who you are Greg Doucette but your sacrifice into this shit fest has been a blessing.