• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Vic Mignogna

4645 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don’t think his supporters realize that by harassing the VAs and throwing those videos around, not to mention the threats to their VAs and cons, is not going to help get his roles back. I would think that RoosterTeeth and Funimaton would be less likely now since he’s proven to have a rabid and dangerous fan base. 

I also don’t think they realize that you can get into serious trouble for threatening people like this. Nothing on the internet is 100% anonymous. 

How many times does Chris Sabat and others have to say the reason why Vic is being kicked out? 

Edited by impossiblegirl

Posted

This guy actually knew about some allegations about Vic Mignogna and signed a Petition about the Free! Dub. He was forced to apologize after doing that and was blacklisted because of it

christ i really do feel bad for him :((

Posted

84BE09DE-491B-4E16-BBE8-D0CE8FD69684.thu

Some Vic fan apparently  sent this VAs Mom an email basically trying to extort the guy. Okay these Vic fans or who the fuckever are clearly unbalanced. 

Vic supporters doing this shit more like they're too dumb to realize they can go to jail for this. 

Anyone who gets these sort of things from Vic Supporters,report it to the police or any organization who handles scams. They can end up paying a hefty fine or go to prison doing that.   Not all supporters are going to dumb enough. But I'm sure many are and one of them getting arrested would be enough to make them think twice about threatening innocent people. 

or they'd keep doing the threatening and end up fucking themselves over.

This guy actually knew about some allegations about Vic Mignogna and signed a Petition about the Free! Dub. He was forced to apologize after doing that and was blacklisted because of it

Hire him to take Vic's Job in RWBY.  

I doubt he'll be left high and dry. People in smart companies will support him.  Because the dude's story of standing up to a sexual harasser would mean good PR at the least. 

Posted

Hire him to take Vic's Job in RWBY.  

i like that idea:alpacashocked::alpacashocked::alpacashocked: 

Posted

Got around to watching the vid. Fuck i feel sorry for him.

Sad thing is Funimtion STILL. isn't gonna do shit to Vic. Yeah he is removed from ONE role but that doesn't mean they aren't gonna keep using him.  Sad thing is seeing how funimation knew for years about this and about Vic, Vic is gonna get a slap on the risk.

The only thing that gonna really stop Vic is him getting lawsuit or locked up.

Posted

The Rabid fans are doing more harm than good for their precious VA. Who wants to hire someone who has a nasty rabid fanbase and cant get along with others. 

It's better if they let him defend himself and stay quiet. If they thought he was innocent they would ignore the hate.

Posted (edited)

Point is, people need to stop acting like this whole #kickvic thing is a huge ass conspiracy to tear down a “super-famous male VA” to the point that they become harrassers themselves. No one outside America cares so much about English dub VAs, especially if they don’t have any major video game voice acting roles or have resemblance with the character (e.g people knows Bryan Dechart even though they don’t play Detroit, but they probably don’t know Troy Baker even though they’ve played The Last of Us several times), so all these efforts to degrade people who came out about Vic wouldn’t win anyone anything except being a bigger asshole. 

I'm seiyuu fan, but I have heard about Vic not because of his roles, but because of his behavior towards fans and staff on events.

Edited by Nya.nko

Posted

Got around to watching the vid. Fuck i feel sorry for him.

Sad thing is Funimtion STILL. isn't gonna do shit to Vic. Yeah he is removed from ONE role but that doesn't mean they aren't gonna keep using him.  Sad thing is seeing how funimation knew for years about this and about Vic, Vic is gonna get a slap on the risk.

The only thing that gonna really stop Vic is him getting lawsuit or locked up.

They probably won't do anything. They won't unless one or all of the voice actresses file a Class Action suit against them for creating an Unsafe Work Environment. (Hiring a known Sexual Predator, Being fully aware of the Predators actions yet failing to act, The Predator has been known to assault underaged people at anime conventions, UNDER the company's employ-i.e. promoting their new dubbing works and/or movie,)

They probably could even at this point as it has been ongoing

Posted

Someone on Reddit made a timeline on how this shit all started they did a good job in my opinion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Animedubs/comments/anvthm/vic_mignogna_controversy_and_allegations_news_and/

https://www.strawpoll.me/17380735/  A  poll at the end of the Reddit post on whether to #kickvic or #standwithvic or stay neutral 

I feel they need to point out in the main post it's been years of stories of Vic's behavior. It's only now people are standing up. 

Posted

Someone on Twitter posted this bingo. It's pretty accurate IMO

Dy2jPHiVYAETYwA.jpg-large.thumb.jpg.3519

Posted (edited)

might I add that people are trying to spread screencaps of fake accounts that are trying to discredit the movement, some girl was impersonated by a bunch of Vic fans, who made a group wherein they manufactured "fake Vic stories", and her name was basically used to make it seem like people were creating false accusations. These fake accounts were thereafter used in the "SJW NPC RUINS VA'S CAREER" narrative videos to try and further the #IStandWithVic crowd's anger against the #KickVic crowd.

It is pretty vile tbh

https://www.deviantart.com/laundrysoapman/journal/Valerie-Depa-is-not-me-on-Facebook-784600047#comments

Edited by powdered madness

Posted

might I add that people are trying to spread screencaps of fake accounts that are trying to discredit the movement, some girl was impersonated by a bunch of Vic fans, who made a group wherein they manufactured "fake Vic stories", and her name was basically used to make it seem like people were creating false accusations. These fake accounts were thereafter used in the "SJW NPC RUINS VA'S CAREER" narrative videos to try and further the #IStandWithVic crowd's anger against the #KickVic crowd.

It is pretty vile tbh

https://www.deviantart.com/laundrysoapman/journal/Valerie-Depa-is-not-me-on-Facebook-784600047#comments

Anti-sjws are always pulling this shit. 

And they're always able to be reported. 

All they do is make their side look worse.  It's like all those people who claimed they were doing shit for a girl who attempted suicide and she herself went 'no cut that shit out' and they didn't stop. 

Posted

Someone on Twitter posted this bingo. It's pretty accurate IMO

Dy2jPHiVYAETYwA.jpg-large.thumb.jpg.3519

Vic_bingo.thumb.jpg.ecec544a1d54e9ccdddb

Done.

I haven't seen any slurs but i know there are some but i personally haven't seen any slurs so that why i haven't cross off that box.

Posted

B75A2873-67DB-4590-82B6-BCF3448ADCC5.thu

took him long enough. I dunno what do you think. Me I think it is too little too late. The fact that it took Death Threats to make him speak up makes me think he is trying to get back in peoples good graces.