• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Vic Mignogna

1184 posts in this topic

Posted

I’ve just been on a reporting spree in YellowFlash2’s videos. The amount of death threats is scary. 

Also some is threatening to send fake stores to MarzGirl  

83F52C72-DF80-4F5A-9687-BD24BDED966F.jpeg

Posted

i almost shared my story on twitter but i didn't really feel comfortable since i have a name attached to my twitter account, plus my story isn't as damning as some of the others that have come out, but i did have an experience with vic myself. i'll share it here, since i'm anonymous. 

i met him at a con when i was 14. i was a big fan of FMA so i was really excited to meet him. me and my friends stood in line to take a picture with him and when it was my turn i was very mindful of his personal space, i didn't want to get too close because he was essentially a stranger, and a man who was much older than me. however, he paid no attention to my body language and grabbed me, pressing me right up against his side for the picture. at the time i was shocked (and still a bit starstruck) but also -- it hurt! he grabbed me so hard his fingers left red marks on my upper arm. 

on the second day of the con he hosted a panel, and afterward i and a few of my friends went up to talk to him again. i asked him to say something in edward's voice and suddenly he grabbed me again and got way closer than i was comfortable with. he then proceeded to whisper something "seductive" to me in ed's voice. i didn't really know how to react, but at the time i was flattered that a "famous" voice actor who played one of my favourite characters was paying so much attention to me, now that i'm much older (25 at the time of this post) i look back on these experiences and cringe. it was definitely inappropriate for him, an adult man (over 40) who didn't even know my name, to be manhandling an adolescent girl, especially without so much as asking if it was okay before doing so. 

Im so sorry that happened and that the anime community has made you fearcoming forward with your name attached. I don't know how people can honestly make all these attacks on victims and then say "what took them so long" in the same breath. 

I believe you and I would feel similarly if thst happened to me.

Posted

alright, i decided to make an account. if you don't know or haven't seen me around twitter, i am a supporter of assault victims and have been a very vocal person in the #kickvic movement. i have been a part of it since day one or two and will continue to be apart of it until vic is gone. over the past few days, i have seen some truly disgusting bile spewed from the mouth of vic supporters. from harassing monica, to trying boycott funimation, and i have been added to a list of 'anti vic propagandists'. safe to say, these people need help. i hate seeing marz get picked on for supporting the victims. i checked out a recent video of hers and the amount of hate in the comments section is disgusting. i hate that people are blaming sjws and are unable to believe victims of assault. i hate that people are believing that sexist yellowflash guy. i once hoped that one day these people are able to see how wrong they are, but after the past few days, i think all hope is lost. vic mignogna is a bad man and he needs to go.

Posted

84BE09DE-491B-4E16-BBE8-D0CE8FD69684.thu

Some Vic fan apparently  sent this VAs Mom an email basically trying to extort the guy. Okay these Vic fans or who the fuckever are clearly unbalanced. 

Posted

Now they’re trying to be cute and staring with this shit. 

95AD3FF9-DAAC-4F21-8716-8C0C802A75D6.png

Posted

Now they’re trying to be cute and staring with this shit. 

95AD3FF9-DAAC-4F21-8716-8C0C802A75D6.png

yeah, the troll accounts are in full bloom I see

5DDUWU9.jpg

8rPkJsX.jpg 

Posted (edited)

Do you have a link to the post on your fb? also you could upload the vid on streamable or some other site  not to yt even dailymotion because i doubt people are gonna check less obivious place like yt

My post(and about everything I post there) is friends only. I would make it public, but I don't want to get slander from people defending Vic. I could always screenshot it though, but it's just how I despise him and all that, and friends agreeing that he's a terrible person.

Edited by KittyBear

Posted

Geez this is getting worse. 

Well - here’s a truth bomb from someone outside United States: VIC MIGNOGNA IS A NOBODY. People here watch subbed animes, and english dubs are frowned upon because they tend to be sucky and cringey. Ask any anime fan who barely interacts with American anime fans who Vic Mignogna is, chances are they do not know him. I just happen to know about the english VAs because my father bought me FMA Blu-Rays from the USA. 

Point is, people need to stop acting like this whole #kickvic thing is a huge ass conspiracy to tear down a “super-famous male VA” to the point that they become harrassers themselves. No one outside America cares so much about English dub VAs, especially if they don’t have any major video game voice acting roles or have resemblance with the character (e.g people knows Bryan Dechart even though they don’t play Detroit, but they probably don’t know Troy Baker even though they’ve played The Last of Us several times), so all these efforts to degrade people who came out about Vic wouldn’t win anyone anything except being a bigger asshole. 

I’m sure Paku Romi and Hiromu Arakawa would be super disappointed if they know about Vic’s behavior and how he used his role as Edward Elric to hurt people. 

But yeah, whether Vic is famous or not, harassments are never okay and 2019’s definitely not the year where it’s okay to stay silent about something like this, or gaslighting the victims when there’s too many coming out already. 

I agree with you. I've never heard of Vic until I chanced upon this thread either. I'm from an Asian country and we hardly ever watch dubbed anime - most people here prefer subbed anime because they already have their favourite Japanese VAs and they want to hear how the characters sound originally. 

Honestly I'm glad too, because so many of the characters he voiced were my favourites and I would hate to associate someone so nasty with them. 

I'm glad people are calling out on him. Would love to see more karma dished out on him before he ruins more characters. 

Posted

Well - here’s a truth bomb from someone outside United States: VIC MIGNOGNA IS A NOBODY. People here watch subbed animes, and english dubs are frowned upon because they tend to be sucky and cringey. Ask any anime fan who barely interacts with American anime fans who Vic Mignogna is, chances are they do not know him. I just happen to know about the english VAs because my father bought me FMA Blu-Rays from the USA. 

Point is, people need to stop acting like this whole #kickvic thing is a huge ass conspiracy to tear down a “super-famous male VA” to the point that they become harrassers themselves. No one outside America cares so much about English dub VAs, especially if they don’t have any major video game voice acting roles or have resemblance with the character (e.g people knows Bryan Dechart even though they don’t play Detroit, but they probably don’t know Troy Baker even though they’ve played The Last of Us several times), so all these efforts to degrade people who came out about Vic wouldn’t win anyone anything except being a bigger asshole. 

I’m sure Paku Romi and Hiromu Arakawa would be super disappointed if they know about Vic’s behavior and how he used his role as Edward Elric to hurt people. 

But yeah, whether Vic is famous or not, harassments are never okay and 2019’s definitely not the year where it’s okay to stay silent about something like this, or gaslighting the victims when there’s too many coming out already. 

Same. The only reason I know the names of Vic and some other English anime dub voice actors is because of my interactions with English-speaking anime fans throughout the years. He is in no way a superstar outside the American anime dub industry

Posted

This whole thing took a really gross and violent turn this week. Now we got alt-right trolls who couldn't care less about anime or the dubbing industry coming out of the woodwork to defend Vic's honor. It's Gamergate all over again.

Posted

This whole thing took a really gross and violent turn this week. Now we got alt-right trolls who couldn't care less about anime or the dubbing industry coming out of the woodwork to defend Vic's honor. It's Gamergate all over again.

Yeah it's really pathetic how people use a situation for their own propaganda instead of being human beings and caring for people who were hurt and abused by a man who had so much power in a small part of the entertainment industry. :/ 

Posted

This guy actually knew about some allegations about Vic Mignogna and signed a Petition about the Free! Dub. He was forced to apologize after doing that and was blacklisted because of it

Posted

This guy actually knew about some allegations about Vic Mignogna and signed a Petition about the Free! Dub. He was forced to apologize after doing that and was blacklisted because of it

i thought this was a great apology video. he realised he fucked up and regrets it hardcore. it also seemed very genuine. i've liked the video. i hope this guy gets his va career of the ground.

Posted (edited)

Someone from the states here most people here watch subs too mostly because simidub is two episode behind the Japanese broadcast. If they watch the dub i agree with you VIC IS A NOBODY here as well. Only his die hards give a shit because he strike gold with his role as Ed in FMA and FMA brotherhood. Many of his other roles he can be easily replace. Had he not already recorded his roles with VIZ for JJBA part 4 he would have been replaced.  

Me personally i watch subs if i do watch dubs its only on toonami

My post(and about everything I post there) is friends only. I would make it public, but I don't want to get slander from people defending Vic. I could always screenshot it though, but it's just how I despise him and all that, and friends agreeing that he's a terrible person.

That ok 

Let me add my two cents about this turning into a cluster fuck. Vic is making it worst for himself. Telling his fans to attack anyone who's attacking him. The fan cult going on full damage control melt down mode and some pulling the "They touch me too" on twitter ,others jumping on this shit making it about "SJW ruing muh anime so i gotta stop that" who otherwise would never even give Vic the time of day or aren't even fans of vic they are just in to "own the SJW" and now we got death threats because people need to be right and the only way they to get their point across is to commit murder. People trying to turn it into a "gate" of some sort is making it about the SJW's more so about the important issue. Look i really don't care about swj myself but even i can see this isn't a SJW issue this is a issue that needed to be addressed YEARS ago. Vic is a creep plain and simple and for people making this about SJW is just fucking dumb. They already lost by adding death threats into the mix. Being honest both side #kickvic and #istandwithvic are in the wrong. but it just so happens the #istandwithvic side happens to be MORE in the wrong because of how they handed things thus far.

I agree vic need to be gone he should have been gone tbh but arguing with people who clearly aren't gonna budge no matter what isn't the way to do it. 

anyway here's what i think is gonna happen 

• Monica Rial is gonna be fired from funimation for her "safety"
  • Vic isn't gonna be let go but isn't gonna be dubbing for funi for a while (like 6 months until this blows over)
  • Vic IS gonna be blacklisted from other dubbing companies because of this
  • Many of the other funiation VA are gonna stage a boycott until he is let go 
  • When the realize he isn't gonna be let go 1/2 is gonna leave to other companies if they aren't under contract with Funi
  • Funi is gonna "let go"(fire)  of Vic then 
  • The ones that left are gonna come back
  • Monica Rial is gonna be Re-hired if she isn't working on something.

sorry if it seem like i'm rambling. I'm just tired of thing going off the rails and people losing focus. 

Edited by Fairyduster