• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Vic Mignogna

8539 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm from Ohio, so I have been to Ohayocon, even the times Vic was invited. I was never a fan of his, so I never really came into contact with Vic unless it was at an industry panel with other voice actors. I also frequent Matsuricon. I remember guests there roasted Vic on an open fire. I also heard the staff might have had previous experience with Vic at other cons and refuse to invite him. I cannot say for certain since I don't have any first hand accounts.

Posted

This whole thing reminds me of the excuse kickers were using about his cons were for the fans. 

Yeah they are but you know who else are fans? Staff. The sheer amount of shit they have had to deal with through all this breaks my heart. 

I'm from Ohio, so I have been to Ohayocon, even the times Vic was invited. I was never a fan of his, so I never really came into contact with Vic unless it was at an industry panel with other voice actors. I also frequent Matsuricon. I remember guests there roasted Vic on an open fire. I also heard the staff might have had previous experience with Vic at other cons and refuse to invite him. I cannot say for certain since I don't have any first hand accounts.

oh all the things said at the roasts...I love Ohayocon for those alone. 

Come to think of it they even mentioned him off hand at this year’s with Aaron. 

Posted

About Vic horror stories, I've also heard it waaayyyyy before I discovered PULL. At that time, I didn't believe it immediately because he seemed to be a nice guy. I thought it's just pissy haters making up stories like that FB group "We hate Johnny Yong Bosch" who claimed to be "fed up of him because his voice is in every anime they watch". But then the more I read on people's stories, the more I think that this isn't just pissy haters; this is real, and as I grow older I do realize that he is creepy. And then a close friend of mine shared how she witnessed Vic's weird behavior in the convention she attended, confirming all the stories circulating, I'm finally convinced that he is creepy. 

So yeah, it wasn't #KickVic or #ISWV that convinced me not to support Vic Mignogna anymore. This is a decision I've made a long time ago. 

Posted (edited)

About Vic horror stories, I've also heard it waaayyyyy before I discovered PULL. At that time, I didn't believe it immediately because he seemed to be a nice guy. I thought it's just pissy haters making up stories like that FB group "We hate Johnny Yong Bosch" who claimed to be "fed up of him because his voice is in every anime they watch". But then the more I read on people's stories, the more I think that this isn't just pissy haters; this is real, and as I grow older I do realize that he is creepy. And then a close friend of mine shared how she witnessed Vic's weird behavior in the convention she attended, confirming all the stories circulating, I'm finally convinced that he is creepy. 

So yeah, it wasn't #KickVic or #ISWV that convinced me not to support Vic Mignogna anymore. This is a decision I've made a long time ago. 

Tbh Johnny Yong Bosch is still a better VA than Vic any day >>

Edited by Senpai Trash

Posted

This whole thing reminds me of the excuse kickers were using about his cons were for the fans. 

Yeah they are but you know who else are fans? Staff. The sheer amount of shit they have had to deal with through all this breaks my heart. 

The Vic roast I heard was at Matsuricon during 'VAs After Dark'. That same panel they were skinning Vic alive, I witnessed Sean Schemmel interrupt it to help someone: In the middle of all the mayhem, Sean jumps off the stage and runs to a girl in a wheelchair that was about to pass out from the stuffy conditions of the crowded room. Sean was the one who noticed and told them to open all the doors.

Posted

What did they say, I mean with Aaron there it must have been good?

Also, Vic is going to Puerto Rico Comic Con this weekend. So if anyone is going there, let us know how it goes.

Posted

Pretty much my perspective too. At the very least, he won't be going anywhere near my local cons again. He was invited once, that was enough.

I agree. Professional Contrarian's post was powerful. It kicked me in the feelings because holy fuck, Vic didn't care if his words and/or actions made con staff cry. JFC. That is so fucked up.

I'm glad I can post in the subforum now! Thank you for the subforum, mods.

Posted

I echo the thanks for the subforum. Is this the fastest a Flake has required one? Hopefully this will help with the WK situation. The only thing they accomplish is being a pain in the ass for the mods.  

Posted

Apparently Rikieta is having a stream tonight to talk about "texts [Ron] doesn't know I have". Guest starring Anime Outsiders.

Posted (edited)

Apparently Rikieta is having a stream tonight to talk about "texts [Ron] doesn't know I have". Guest starring Anime Outsiders.

More like "texts Ron doesn't care that I have but gotta rake in those VICtim bucks while I still can" 

Guest starring: a semi-sentient garbage pail

Edited by ActuallyHeatherChandler

Posted

Apparently Vic isn’t Bubsy after all. Dunno who is voicing him but one of the people behind the game are saying it’s not him. 

Posted

Apparently Vic isn’t Bubsy after all. Dunno who is voicing him but one of the people behind the game are saying it’s not him. 

Please please tell me they gave him the boot. 

Posted

Well Vic finally found out what could possibly go wrong.

Posted

More like "texts Ron doesn't care that I have but gotta rake in those VICtim bucks while I still can" 

Guest starring: a semi-sentient garbage pail

Mph. Actually Rekieta is havin a 'spirited discussion' with a true tool who needs his own thread here: Perfection. 

Listened to his stream at work for background noise. His guest had a valid point (forgot his name) as he went on a rant post Toye text dissection. Primarily what is the exit strategy of the YouTubers who cover Anime/Comicsgate? (Hei, Flash, Sen, Supergirl, TUG et al). He lost people going off on a vitriolidiatribe though. 

OT hit list: Read it. In light of the Mignogna debacle (I have my own issues, Lurkers, with Mignogna. But I can see how this became something else..). I've me own comments on the thing.