• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Vic Mignogna

8540 posts in this topic

Posted

His defenders tho. Despited mounting evdience 10+ years worth of it will believe a replaceable VA who has no range (yeah i said it) over Mutiple people and VA who says what a creep he is

biggest offenders is people who want to be taken seriously. Like i get fans coming to his defense but people like 

• Lost Pause
  • Anime America 
  • Anime Outsiders (them especially calling all the VA who spoke out opportunistic even though one hasn't for anime for like a while and the men who spoke out said they never like him to begin with) 
"We can't Verify that" just like you can't verify if he was "Buddies" with everyone at ANN,Crunchroll, and a butt load of popular anime commies

These people want to be taken seriously in the Anime Community but how can they when they are defending a Pedo asshole.

it pisses me off about AO because i supported them when they got or was gettting sued by Tara strong but at this point they can go fuck themselves 

I love how people like Anime America say "Vic's so sweet he'd never hurt a fly!" and pretend like they know him well when the only interaction they've had is in the MG lines at conventions. You have less than a minute to talk to voice actors and of course they'd act polite, yet these delusional fans think that that 20 second encounter solidifies them as people who know him personally.

Posted

Anyone know if since Todd has made those Facebook posts if he’s faced any real backlash? Dropped from any cons or had anyone else speak out against him aside from Jessie and Adam?

I see a lot of people are standing with victims and are calling Vic out, wasn’t sure if anyone was explicitly standing out against Todd.

Posted

Another VA came out against Vic 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215483911065129&id=1059100169

Anyone know if since Todd has made those Facebook posts if he’s faced any real backlash? Dropped from any cons or had anyone else speak out against him aside from Jessie and Adam?

I see a lot of people are standing with victims and are calling Vic out, wasn’t sure if anyone was explicitly standing out against Todd.

everything else now seems hush hush on his end. I think They are going the legal route. 

Posted

i found a tweet of a person sharing their story about being handed alcohol by an unnamed, beloved VA and then invited to his room, commenting on sex and then offering to let her and her friend sleep in his hotel room. https://twitter.com/AlisonMalort/status/1086337940819755009?s=19

This was posted before Jessie's story came out. That post of Todd offering alcohol to a 19 year old also came out before Jessie's story. They were both 19 but idk if they're the same person. But alcohol is a big part of the reason why Todd is under scrutiny right now, if the unnamed VA here is Todd then this man definitely has skeletons in his closet. 

I've believed Jessie from the start but I've been giving Todd the benefit of the doubt. If they were both drinking, then it cancels out,  right? I could see why she would be confused the next morning. (A mutual of mine has been messaging Jessie. She told me that Jessie said that Todd has yet to message her since he made his statement.) So maybe not. Something's definitely fishy. 

I wasn't surprised by Vic. He has a reputation for being a creep. But Todd doesn't. And so I understand why Jessie didn't want to be alone in naming Todd. It's just such a shock. But now there's another story (the one posted to tumblr about an incident in 2011), involving alcohol and inviting a fan into the hotel room. I seriously wonder if that girl who told a story about an unnamed VA inviting her to his room is talking about Todd. I wonder how many other women have a Todd story. This is bothering me. 

Posted

everything else now seems hush hush on his end. I think They are going the legal route. 

Oh my gosh and I love her. What a horrible vile jackass. I am glad more VAs are coming out now but it's just so said to read their own experiences. Like damn. The voice actor industry is fucked up. 

Posted

Yeah i wouldn't be surpised if Todd get the Vic treatment in the next few weeks. Be on the look out for more Todd stories Just in case he does decides to ingnore all legal advice he maybe getting to keep his fucking mouth close and hop on twitter or fb to rebuff anything said about him.

also WTF

Vic is not only a asshole he is super ungrateful

But the crap that did make me truly dislike Vic was when one of the actresses who introduced Vic to the industry called me crying because she had bent over backwards to help him get an audition at Funimation....and when he finally made it big, she asked him if he could return the favor and introduce her to some of the new directors at the studio. He told her no. She hasn't been in anything significant since.

I wonder what VA was it. To not even help out a fellow VA after they bent over backward to get you into the indurtry is such a ungrateful dick move.

Or the time I convinced one of my voice actress friends to go with me to a convention to show her what the con circuit was like. I warned her about Vic and told her to avoid him at all costs. He zeroed in on her immediately and while I was at a panel, he convinced her to take him to MY room and have sex in MY bed. I walked in on them. And of course I was upset. She apologized for what had happened and stated that HE had told her that he asked which bed was mine and then asked her to have sex with him in MY bed. She was convinced that the two of them were a couple. So surprise surprise, the next time she saw him, he looked past her and told her he had no clue who she was. So I had to leave the con and Dallas on Saturday because I had to consol her and drive us back to Austin. She refused to attend cons after that

I wonder how many of his rangers fans has he done this to. I know this person wasn't a fan of Vic but i know there are stories of him sleeping with his fans. Also what a cold fucking dick move Vic. If he had his Girlfriend now wife at the time that even fucking worst. 

Posted

Meet some random woman at a con, proceed to have sex with her on her friend's bed and then ignore her at the next con. A+ professionalism right there

Posted

I was at a small con in Niagara Falls about 3 years back, and Vic was in attendance. I didn't witness any bad behavior first-hand, but I have 0 situational awareness, so who knows what I missed? Anyways, there was one thing that stuck with me and has come back in light of these allegations: At the Sunday morning panel he gave, with like 20 people since it was such a small convention, someone asked him why he took up so much of his time and energy coming to these small cons, especially since this particular con happened to coincide with his birthday. His reply was something along the lines of "I don't know how long I'll be able to do this. One day people might stop caring and I might stop getting invited to these things." Looking back, I can't help but wonder if this crazy egomaniac had any fear or suspicion that one day his actions would come to light and everyone would seem him for the slimebag he is. That day has come, Vic. 

I hope there's video of any panels he gives a Anime Matsuri. It will certainly be interesting to see him try to wear his crumbled facade like a full suit of armor. An "Emperor's New Clothes" situation only his fans will buy into. Anyways, if I can offer any solace to the victims, I want them to know this: being forgotten and cut off from the stream of adoring fans he gets at conventions is truly the worst purgatory you can put someone like him in. He feeds off that attention, and it's going to kill him not to get it. Granted, there are some more serious allegations yet to be proven, and it would be nice if he faced legal repercussions for those, but even if he doesn't, just know: Mignogna is in a hell of his own making. 

Posted

Monica Rial herself admitting that she was a victim of Vic's.

Ugh.

Posted

Ugh.

people were harassing her friends and family so she had no choice but to come forward. I feel bad for her. 

Posted

God, poor Monica. Vic truly is a pimple on the ass of humanity, and yet people still believe his crocodile tears despite all the evidence from so many people. It makes me sick.

Also, just to make things a bit easier to find, someome compiled all the industry people's accounts/reactions of Vic's crap into a Twitter moment:

Posted

Ugh.

I feel so sorry for her. Fuck and he worked around her  when ADV was still around.

Fuck just how many VA did Vic sexually harassed?

Posted

At this point Vic's isn't going to be getting any new voice work any time soon. Or at least not from decent companies who care about their PR.