• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Vic Mignogna

9705 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'll say this much here. You can choose to believe it or not, of course. And I certainly have no desire to ask anybody to come to my defense. If people decide they don't wanna like me for whatever reason, they have that right. I'll just kinda copy some tweets I made here just to sorta have it all in one place.

Nobody ever told me about JewWario until after he died. If this person (the anonymous friend of one of Justin's victims who brought this up) would like to confront me personally, I would absolutely address it.

My Channel Awesome superiors were the ones hiding everything. They didn't tell anybody anything, and they willing kept me in the dark. If there was some other misunderstanding I invite this individual to talk to me about it. If I did something without knowing it I am sorry for it.

I will absolutely admit that there is a possibility that because I knew nothing for years, people may have thought the worst of me. I know how that looks. I am sad that I didn't know. If people attacked Justin's victims, and I didn't know, I'm very sad to hear it.

I would never want to encourage anyone to attack victims. I didn't even know that was happening prior to last year. For any hurt that my ignorance may have caused anyone, I am sorry. To this individual who feels I slighted them, I am very, very sorry this happened.

By all means, tell them I would like the chance to apologize for anything that might have come across on my end in this time many years ago.

I would have never made our movie Farewell, FamiKamen Rider if I'd have known. I said this to one victim when she told a group of us last year and I apologized to her with all my heart. No other victim ever directly contacted me about this prior to last year.

It is entirely possible a victim told other Channel Awesome members before this, and in fact I'm pretty positive they did. I can understand why someone might have assumed that the message should have gotten back to me. But it didn't, and that was a huge part of why we all left CA, because communication with producers was garbage.

Even Justin's own wife didn't know. She was blindsided last year when she started getting harassed after this all came out last April.

Edited by MarzGurl
grammar

Posted

I'll say this much here. You can choose to believe it or not, of course. And I certainly have no desire to ask anybody to come to my defense. If people decide they don't wanna like me for whatever reason, they have that right. I'll just kinda copy some tweets I made here just to sorta have it all in one place.

Nobody ever told me about JewWario until after he died. If this person (the anonymous friend of one of Justin's victims who brought this up) would like to confront me personally, I would absolutely address it.

My Channel Awesome superiors were the ones hiding everything. They didn't tell anybody anything, and they willing kept me in the dark. If there was some other misunderstanding I invite this individual to talk to me about it. If I did something without knowing it I am sorry for it.

I will absolutely admit that there is a possibility that because I knew nothing for years, people may have thought the worst of me. I know how that looks. I am sad that I didn't know. If people attacked Justin's victims, and I didn't know, I'm very sad to hear it.

I would never want to encourage anyone to attack victims. I didn't even know that was happening prior to last year. For any hurt that my ignorance may have caused anyone, I am sorry. To this individual who feels I slighted them, I am very, very sorry this happened.

By all means, tell them I would like the chance to apologize for anything that might have come across on my end in this time many years ago.

I would have never made our movie Farewell, FamiKamen Rider if I'd have known. I said this to one victim when she told a group of us last year and I apologized to her with all my heart. No other victim ever directly contacted me about this prior to last year.

It is entirely possible a victim told other Channel Awesome members before this, and in fact I'm pretty positive they did. I can understand why someone might have assumed that the message should have gotten back to me. But it didn't, and that was a huge part of why we all left CA, because communication with producers was garbage.

Even Justin's own wife didn't know. She was blindsided last year when she started getting harassed after this all came out last April.

You don't have to apologize for anything, you didn't know what was happening behind the scenes. It was all on Doug, Rob, and Mike Michaud. They are the ones who should have apologized for what JewWario had done to his victims.

It's all thanks to you that people are finally starting to listen to Vic's victims (No Pun intended), that Jessie was able to come forward with her story, that cons are wising up and ditching him.

DC Douglas (voice of Albert Wesker, and somewhat ironically, Kamoshida from Persona 5) is in support of Jessie's story

https://mobile.twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/1090120356977758208

another VA also came out and said to #kickvic

https://mobile.twitter.com/McBenefit/status/1090066200577695744

glad to see more VAs speaking up

You can also chalk up Grey Delisle-Griffin for supporting Jessie as well.

Posted

Not really, gufueiwjs. That's kind of how it works when you've been intimidated for so long into silence. Once other people come forward with their claims, you're suddenly no longer alone in your struggle anand it gives you the courage to come forward. It's also common for victims to be gaslit into questioning their own memory of the event (a strategy vic employs quite often) so when you see that.you are not alone, it makes you trust your own memory of what happened enough to come forward.

Also a bit OT but I find it ironic how the Risembool rangers claim to be such huge fans of FMA, yet failed to grasp the overarching theme of the dangers of blind loyalty to authority figures throughout both the anime and the manga. 

Yeah but you'd think they would wait a day or so before attacking the poor girl. 

Wow. These Anime Outsiders can stay outside anime,outside manga,outside all comics, and outside of my life. 

"You didn't talk about this thing we claim you knew about but have no proof you know about it or how much anyone knew so this thing that so many other people and cons have come forward about must be fake."  

Do these people even think for like 10 seconds before they post?  Let's face It I've made a fool of myself on the site because I've typed shit without realizing I read it wrong or didn't watch the video yet.  And that's basically what they're doing cause anyone can search google and discover the people calling him out way before 2019.

Also the fact the Dude is sending fans and his mom to attack people. Not mentioning people and the fans go after them. Telling fans to go after people. Like that is literally the most Suspect thing anyone can do. It's what Momokun/Mariah Mallard did when people started coming out about the shit she did to people minus the mom thing. The moment anyone starts doing that it's a red flag to stop supporting that person.  

They like to be edgy and start shit

this isn't the first time they started shit with other people  

OT but if you care https://kiwifarms.net/threads/tara-strong-tara-lynn-charendoff.32611/page-13#post-3975745

Posted

First off Hello Marzgirl! I was a fan back in the day. 

Second off I believe you. Literally so many people had no idea and considering the other stuff that has come up about  Channel Awesome it really isn't a stretch to assume that they'd try to hide it as much as possible. They wanted to keep their image. 

It's like Griddles and O-Tako studies. They can be doing this shit forever and no one will know until it's spoken out about and the topic gains traction. People often wonder how people can get away with crimes for so long,but part of it is the fact upper levels will try to bury and hide anything. Part of it is a lot of people don't know about the person.  Part of it is hindsight is 20/20 so what now seems obvious now might not have seemed so at the time for an outsider. Part of it is victims get scared to come forward or they think they won't be believed. 

Yeah but you'd think they would wait a day or so before attacking the poor girl. 

They like to be edgy and start shit

this isn't the first time they started shit with other people  

OT but if you care https://kiwifarms.net/threads/tara-strong-tara-lynn-charendoff.32611/page-13#post-3975745

Thanks you for telling me. I'll be sure to avoid them as much as I can.  Although I won't go to the kiwifarms link due to the fact literally everything associated with it is flagged as a securtiy risk by my anti-virus and other reasons. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks you for telling me. I'll be sure to avoid them as much as I can.  Although I won't go to the kiwifarms link due to the fact literally everything associated with it is flagged as a securtiy risk by my anti-virus and other reasons. 

Idk why it worked for me  so let me give you the short of it 

Some people at AO harassed a guy over multiple accounts online then told another person that they "made her" because i guess they plug ONE vid of hers

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Everytime I see someone go "the accusations are fake" or "they are doing it to ruin a person's life cause it's so popular now" has clearly never experienced sexual assualt or yea, cause it can take years to confess it has happened and if it's someone who is well known, like Vic, it's even harder to say something without shit happening. I hate people who say or belittle victims like that.

I should know, I was someone who experienced such an experience and it is very hard to admit it happened cause it's a scary thing.

Vic should fess up that he did terrible things and get what is due to him now before it ruins everything for him, just like how he is ruining his victims now. (Then again, I want him to be beyond ruined but that's me and maybe chop his hands off but that's extreme and could bite me in the arse lol)

Posted

Okay, so I know I discussed the alleged misconduct with minors before on this page- but I want to discuss that again because in my previous statement I was very wrong. As it turns out, Vic Mignogna is not the creep that the rumors say he is. The IP of all the allegations steamed from one girl who decided to slander Vic Mignogna for some unholy reason. Therefore, all rumors of him being a creep to minors or likewise are all false. 

I retract any statement on this matter, and of Vic's worth in general, made beforehand about Mr. Mignogna and wish him both my sincerest apologies and nothing but the best. He is actually a very talented voice actor and as such should be appreciated for his work. I do not beleive the rumors on him being a homophobe are true either. There is no such evidence that he had any malicious feelings to the LGBTQ+ community. Any evidence brought was either taken out of context or another lie meant to slander him. 

These lies should cease to be believes by the mass public.  

I never thought I would revive my account here, but here I am. It's funny how things change, not in a haha funny way but in an ironic way. Once upon a time I saw that a local convention and made a post about how there were all these allegations surrounding him being a creep and how it was highly recommended the convention reconsider their decision of having him. I was told by a barrate of fans that I was following false rumors and that a majority of these rumors came from one girl trying to slander his name. I beleived this, and assumed that the case was as such. 

Flash foward to now. I see multiple cases of him hurting minors. Multiple personal accounts claiming he did things to minors that a grown man shouldn't have. Logically speaking, there's too many accounts of him being nasty towards minors. Too many accounts that share the same experience from so many different people. 

My mind has been changed yet again on this man. I want legal action. I want these testimonies to get off of social media and get into a place in court where they should be. I stand behind all you victims and I am sorry for all that has happened to you. May justice soon be with you.

Posted

These victims of Vic and the others deserve to have justice. 

Posted

I never thought I would revive my account here, but here I am. It's funny how things change, not in a haha funny way but in an ironic way. Once upon a time I saw that a local convention and made a post about how there were all these allegations surrounding him being a creep and how it was highly recommended the convention reconsider their decision of having him. I was told by a barrate of fans that I was following false rumors and that a majority of these rumors came from one girl trying to slander his name. I beleived this, and assumed that the case was as such. 

Flash foward to now. I see multiple cases of him hurting minors. Multiple personal accounts claiming he did things to minors that a grown man shouldn't have. Logically speaking, there's too many accounts of him being nasty towards minors. Too many accounts that share the same experience from so many different people. 

My mind has been changed yet again on this man. I want legal action. I want these testimonies to get off of social media and get into a place in court where they should be. I stand behind all you victims and I am sorry for all that has happened to you. May justice soon be with you.

Thank God you changed your mind about this. The fans who told you that what you were following and what you experienced Gaslit you and many other things. That shouldn't have happened at all.

Posted (edited)

First off Welcome back second im glad you changed your mind.  These girls deserve some kinda of legal action but its gonna be hard because like the people who covered the allegation it in their  vid said(i forgot their names)  these cons took places in different states plus this was over a course of 10+ years so in certain states the limitation on those cases could have been expired. At best we can hope for is for him to be blacklisted from the VA community. Hes already being canceled from cons left and right since this all came out so  him being blacklisted would be a blow to his ego

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Yes, sadly I highly doubt any legal action will ever be taken against Vic unless it's revealed he did something horrendous with undeniable, physical proof. All of the shit we know he's done in public with witnesses etc has been creepy and disgusting, but nothing explicitly illegal (at least not anything with photo/video evidence). The big thing that still keeps people on his side is the bullshit "They wanted to be groped/kissed!" arguments, and thankfully the only people still buying those are his brainwashed fans. 

I still can't shake the feeling that Vic is not even close to the worst of it though.

Posted

Anime News Network did an article on the Vic Mignogna situation  

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-30/far-from-perfect-fans-recount-unwanted-affection-from-voice-actor-vic-mignogna/.142212

Some  highlight from the article 

J was approximately 14 years old when she attended New York Comic-Con in 2014 and met Mignogna. She described the encounter as "really, really uncomfortable." She discussed how the voice actor put his hand underneath her zip-up sweatshirt and on her waist for the initial photo. Then, thinking that the photo-taking portion was done, she was surprised when he asked her to look toward the camera again. That's when he put his face close to hers and then kissed her.

Azure was 15 years old and presenting as female when he met Migogna at Anime Expo in 2006 in Anaheim, California. He was in the autograph line with a friend, also 15 years old, who had prepared a gift for Mignogna. Azure was dressed in cosplay, a cardboard version of Alphonse's armor from Fullmetal Alchemist. The two approached Mignogna and Azure's friend joked that Azure's costume was "sexy." Azure was surprised when Mignogna enthusiastically agreed. The group laughed it off and left the line. Later that day, they got an exclusive visit from Mignogna in the hallway. He chatted with the group, asked them how long they were visiting the con, and then mentioned his fanclub. After making the group swear they wouldn't share it, Mignogna gave them his personal cell phone number. Azure wrote it down in his Paris Hilton diary when he arrived home from Anaheim. A reverse phone records search shows that the number Azure provided belonged to Mignogna until at least 2016.He and his friends would share several group phone calls with Mignogna. Azure said at the time that it "felt validating and cool that he was giving us the time of day and attention." According to his account, the friends and Mignogna mostly discussed voice acting and the teens would request him to repeat lines. Similar to the first time Mignogna approached the friends, Azure said he often pushed for them to join his fanclub to the point that Azure became uncomfortable. He also noticed that Mignogna never brought up the group's parents or whether they had permission to be chatting privately with a 45-year-old man.

and then all of the pics of him with fans  look creepy and sketch as fuck.