• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Vic Mignogna

1187 posts in this topic

Posted

Twitter // Website // IMDb // Wikipedia

Image result for vic mignogna

Vic Mignogna (Victor Joseph Mignogna) is an actor, mostly known for his voice acting career. He has starred in various anime, such as Full Metal Alchemist and Ouran. 

Vic is known for being overall gross around young girls (examples listed below)

More noteworthy content:

OT:

this is my first proper thread, I hope I did well! If I need to add more please suggest some things i could have done better!:alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

I was wondering if some one was going to make a thread here. I Seen him at a con long time ago and he and a younger fan ( she had to be around 12-14) decided to reinact a scene from Ouran Host Club and it was fucking creepy and cringy to watch i equate it to watching someone being molested in public becaue that how uncofotable he was being.

He is very unprofesional and many people have horror stories of him being creepy 

hes also not that great of a VA most of his voices are doable but whenever he get a role it just him playing himself  and it get irritating to the point i refuse to watch any dub that has him (and two more VA's) in it. 

And his band (that hes always pumping at concerts for some reason) is shit.

Plus there is a thread on lowcow about him 

https://lolcow.farm/snow/res/103780.html

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

You don't know how long I have been looking for an anti Vic Mcdingadong topic.

It's also known he's a HUGE diva at cons, to the point I think a couple banned him? (SakuraCon I think?)

Posted

OOh I remember hearing about him a few years ago because some people were upset that he was about to voice a character in Free, I think? Since Free is slightly shounen ai (is this the right term? Since it's not outright yaoi) I think people were upset that since Vic had a history of being homophobic. That's all I really know about him, but he seems like such a creepy and unpleasant person. 

Posted

I met him at AWA like... 4 years ago? (I'm p sure I was 13 at the time) He didn't do anything to me but I did get those creepy vibes from him. When we took a picture he pulled me into a reallyyy close and tight embrace lol. Idk maybe it doesn't bother other people and it probably doesn't seem that bad the way I'm describing it but I think there should be limits when touching a stranger, even if they're a fan. I expect maybe an arm around the shoulder or waist for a photo, not some 40 year old man engulfing me with his body. Anyways, after hearing about these allegations I wasn't particularly that surprised. Idk, you just get that feeling from certain people that they're really creepy, you know what I mean? 

Posted

Damn. i never really saw the guy. He voiced a lot of my Favorite Anime. But after hearing all this. I dont want to meet him

Posted

Sweet, I've been waiting for this. I pulled some last night.

Thing to know about Vic:

There has been many claims of him creeping and being inappropriate with underage fans.

He has been known to be homophobic and likes to shove his religion down people's throats.  He has even held sermons at cons before.

He has the ego the size of Texas.  He has been known to bully con staff to meet his demands and has even been banned from some cons.

Here some screen caps from a FB group I used to be in.

pullvic2.thumb.png.d9adca93f86302af0df7dpullvic2.5.thumb.png.88546eb7bbc2434e2fepullvic1.thumb.png.234e5dbadbd45760780dfpullvic3.thumb.png.afee7b2dbb6cf6b6863c1pullvic3.5.thumb.png.c133c108c2dc0f6181d

Posted

OOh I remember hearing about him a few years ago because some people were upset that he was about to voice a character in Free, I think? Since Free is slightly shounen ai (is this the right term? Since it's not outright yaoi) I think people were upset that since Vic had a history of being homophobic. That's all I really know about him, but he seems like such a creepy and unpleasant person. 

Oh yeah i remember that. There was even a petiton to block him from voicing Rin from Free because of his homophobic belifes 

https://www.change.org/p/funimation-vic-mignogna-is-openly-homophobic-cast-a-different-voice-actor-for-rin-matsuoka

But seeing how close he and funimation are he still got the role:alpacamad:

Posted (edited)

I saw him at a con two summers ago. He was kinda funny and there wasn't a moment where it was boring. But it was kinda strange how one of the first things he said to the audience was calling out all the "disgusting" things people have said about him, and I think he talked about tumblr specifically (I think this was around the time he was recently announced to voice Rin from Free!). @Fairyduster, thanks for bringing up the petition, because I just remembered that he mentioned it and was like "who would go through such huge lengths!111!1"

Like now that I think about it, it was kinda like he was trying really hard to make himself seem like he was cyberbullied or some crap. He was even putting on this "gloomy" voice and trying hard to seem like he's a victim :alpacabored: Like isn't he 50 or something? The poor baby. 

Besides that, I think he talked about himself a lot. Like I understand voice actors come to cons and they usually reveal more information about themselves in their panels and whatnot, but he kinda acted as if he was some huge celebrity. There was little interaction between him and the fans, besides people asking him to act out scenes from Ouran  :alpacaworry:

Edited by kotori

Posted

js that the person who uploaded that video (first link) said this about the girlfd.thumb.PNG.949e8aa58a65624509ec8493969

Posted

I don't want to post the full picture of when I met him,  for obvious reasons, but I just needed to share his face because my friends think he looks creepy af and one told me he looked like an "evil crab" lmao

Screenshot_20170208-202644.png

Posted

I don't want to post the full picture of when I met him,  for obvious reasons, but I just needed to share his face because my friends think he looks creepy af and one told me he looked like an "evil crab" lmao

Screenshot_20170208-202644.png

His "im gonna molest you on a DL" face hes 54 years old and he looks so fucking creepy here. :derp:

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah i remember that. There was even a petiton to block him from voicing Rin from Free because of his homophobic belifes 

https://www.change.org/p/funimation-vic-mignogna-is-openly-homophobic-cast-a-different-voice-actor-for-rin-matsuoka

But seeing how close he and funimation are he still got the role:alpacamad:

but like

free! isn't even canonically gay. the fangirls may be insistent it is but the most it has is occasional homoerotic undertones? tbh compared to YoI it's not gay at all, haikyuu is less homoerotic than free! and the fangirls are still obsessed with yaoi for some reason

I don't personally like how everything has to be ghay buttsex in that sense by fandom standards, as a bi person what t f is wrong with an anime about guys having close friendships and emotional bonds? That's not even a homophobic observation, that's just kind of what I see it as- at least partially?

going out on another tangent the free! dub was pretty crappy, forget the performances, and unfitting voices (except for Rei, Tatum is a good glasses guy VA and Rei has that sophistication to him that makes me think Kyouyas VA wouldn't be a bad match, albeit the fact that Rei is dorkier), the script was utter garbage and the forceful shoehorning of dude and bro was to say the least kind of an unsettling, forced mood whiplash. Like how could they mess up something that was handed to them on a gold encrusted platter again?

Im not saying Vic is in the right for being religious and homophobic at all but I'm also not one for the fangirl harping

Edited by saburoro

Posted

but like

free! isn't even canonically gay. the fangirls may be insistent it is but the most it has is occasional homoerotic undertones? tbh compared to YoI it's not gay at all, haikyuu is less homoerotic than free! and the fangirls are still obsessed with yaoi for some reason

I don't personally like how everything has to be ghay buttsex in that sense by fandom standards, as a bi person what t f is wrong with an anime about guys having close friendships and emotional bonds? That's not even a homophobic observation, that's just kind of what I see it as- at least partially?

going out on another tangent the free! dub was pretty crappy, forget the performances, and unfitting voices (except for Rei, Tatum is a good glasses guy VA and Rei has that sophistication to him that makes me think Kyouyas VA wouldn't be a bad match, albeit the fact that Rei is dorkier), the script was utter garbage and the forceful shoehorning of dude and bro was to say the least kind of an unsettling, forced mood whiplash. Like how could they mess up something that was handed to them on a gold encrusted platter again?

Im not saying Vic is in the right for being religious and homophobic at all but I'm also not one for the fangirl harping

This was what I thought too! It's not outright gay or anything; but I guess Vic may have been ~disturbed~ by the undertones and fangirls may have been concerned that he would ruin the dubbing (though it sounds like he did anyways lmao) 

I never watch dubbed because it's just so awkward to listen to :/

Posted

but like

I get what you are saying and tbh i really wish they never made the dub because the sub was perfect (yes i do like sub more than dubs but i do like a good dub from time to time) and the only good dub is the octopimp parody one on yt. I mean there will always be shippers in any fandom and while FREE is a sports anime it wasn't spared it's shippers  

The only reason i say the dub shouldn't have been made was because funimation has a bad habit of fucking shit up and going adlip at time which in certian animes isn't a bad thing but not for the majority of titles they hold.