• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Plastic Surgery Experience Thread

91 posts in this topic

Posted

I've never done plastic surgery myself, but I had a really good friend do plastic surgery over her nose and eyelids, and the healing process looked very uncomfortable. But she looked amazing afterwards, it took time, but it was worth it for her. It just made me feel uncomfortable due to the bandages and the groans. Also, I wasn't used to the new look! She was like a totally different person.

Posted

I've always hated my nose, and am certainly looking at getting it fixed. Its got a slight dorsal hump, and the tip is pretty wide compared to the bridge. like a cartoon. 

I had been going for laser hair removal from a medi-spa for a year and didn't really see results, I've been going to an electrolysist and i'm very impressed. I wish i had started with electrolysis instead. The lady i go to says that my hair is just thick enough to be a bother (to me personally) but just light enough to not react as it should to the laser. I'd def recommend anyone considering laser hair removal to consider electrolysis first--yeah its more painful (individual hairs follicles are zapped with and electric current and then plucked) and I've def left looking swollen. But its been leagues more effective in just a few months than laser was for an entire year. 

Posted

I had been going for laser hair removal from a medi-spa for a year and didn't really see results, I've been going to an electrolysist and i'm very impressed. I wish i had started with electrolysis instead. The lady i go to says that my hair is just thick enough to be a bother (to me personally) but just light enough to not react as it should to the laser. I'd def recommend anyone considering laser hair removal to consider electrolysis first--yeah its more painful (individual hairs follicles are zapped with and electric current and then plucked) and I've def left looking swollen. But its been leagues more effective in just a few months than laser was for an entire year. 

Agreed! I’ve done laser for my body and electrolysis for facial hair and electrolysis is so much better. To this day I haven’t gotten to a point where my hair doesn’t grow back with laser :alpacaworry2: but it’s been years since my last electrolysis appointment and I only need a minor touch up!

As for the rhinoplasty, I’ve been postponing my final update because it’s not a happy topic for me but I’ll do it now. Honestly, I don’t like my result and sometimes I regret doing it. I did my rhinoplasty right before fillers became a big thing and the thought of “what if I had waited and done fillers instead” is ALWAYS in the back of my mind. I feel like I lost the characteristics of my nose that I really liked and wanted to keep (mainly the definition and the cute width) and got some new ones that bug the hell out of me. The main one is that the cartilage on one side of my tip sticks out and makes my nose look really crooked in pictures.  

I’ve gone to another surgeon to talk about trying to improve it with fillers because I’m too terrified to go through a revision rhinoplasty. Tbh you never know what you’ll come out with and the healing process was too mentally and emotionally exhausting for me to go through it again. Anyway, the injector and I haven’t come up with a way to make my nose look more like my desired shape yet because the areas I wanted to inject are too risky (and it becomes even riskier after rhinoplasty because blood supply has been compromised).

Sometimes in really specific lighting I see something similar to what I wanted so I have hope that with fillers there’s potential to enhance that. Other times, in most other lighting, I just want to cry and kick myself for making this decision. 

I’m not trying to deter anyone from getting plastic surgery. I know many people come out of it super happy and I’m jealous I couldn’t be one of them. I feel kind of like a fraud that I started this topic and it looks like so far I’m the only one with an unsuccessful story :alpacabored:

Posted

does anyone have experience with fillers for undereye hollows? i always look so tired, and concealer doesn't really help very much when they're shadows because of the hollows being so deep

same!!! they're called tear troughs!!!

i wanna get fillers for them too but i'm scared! had a bad experience with botox and it REALLY HURT.... so it kinda put me off needles.. 

Posted

same!!! they're called tear troughs!!!

i wanna get fillers for them too but i'm scared! had a bad experience with botox and it REALLY HURT.... so it kinda put me off needles.. 

ah thank you, i wasnt 100% on the terminology.

and shit that's unfortunate, i've never had botox but i've heard that it's not supposed to be like super painful, did something go wrong?

Posted

I am so sorry I forgot to update! I had my under eye filler done in October 2018 and I still am not needing any more filler (:

Posted

I think it's not directly considered plastic surgery, but has anyone of you got experiences with removing moles? Especially the ones that aren't completely flat?

Posted

ah thank you, i wasnt 100% on the terminology.

and shit that's unfortunate, i've never had botox but i've heard that it's not supposed to be like super painful, did something go wrong?

yeah all my friends who've had botox say it doesn't hurt...... maybe cause i had a bad aesthetician T_T

Posted

this summer I will get liposuccion, bbl and restructuring my breasts. and nosejob. Honestly, I'm very ugly and I wasn't blessed by the nature. I will get it in july. my body I will get it in DR and my nose in turkey. I'm happy there is this thread.

Posted

finally decided to get my nose done too.  Have been to the consult already and looking to schedule the surgery in a couple of weeks.  It's going to be a closed rhinoplasty with a local anesthetic.  I'm very happy but anxious because well... I have anxiety and local anesthetic won't help with that.

Posted

this summer I will get liposuccion, bbl and restructuring my breasts. and nosejob. Honestly, I'm very ugly and I wasn't blessed by the nature. I will get it in july. my body I will get it in DR and my nose in turkey. I'm happy there is this thread.

Ouf, if you're getting it done in the summer time, be prepared to wear the post-op garments! I am unsure of how hot it gets where you live, but those garments are a bit heavy weight and you will have to layer yourself with foam to prevent any creases getting on your stomach (I am sure your dr. will tell you all of this), so it can be quite uncomfortable at times. I had lipo in February and let me say it was the BEST decision I ever made! But I was okay with wearing those bulky things because they honestly kept me warm. Just bear in mind the recovery time and the post-op requirements if you do opt to do it in the summer time. You may not be able to wear a swimsuit for the first few months. Best of luck to you though, truthfully! You are going to love your results. I am so in love with mine, I really couldn't be happier. But whatever you do, please make sure you strictly adhere to the post-op instructions! This could make or break your surgery and all that $$$ would have been for nothing.

Also, don't skip out on the massages! They eliminate scar tissue and help the abdominal wall fuse back to the skin (sounds odd ik) but the massages will help your skin bounce back. This is especially true when you are older.

Sorry if it seems like im telling you what to do, not my intention! I just want to give some helpful tips to make sure you are happy with your post-op results and I also see a lot of people saying "liposuction isn't worth it" because their procedure wasn't "what they expected" but those same people never took care of themselves post-op! It really makes a world of difference!

Posted

I am thinking of lifting my face up with silhouette soft  anyone tried this type of thread lift?

Posted

I finally went and did it!!  If anyone wants a detailed account of my rhinoplasty experience (with a local anesthetic) please let me know, would be more than happy to share.  I am now 7 days post op and it's great!  Definitely recommend local anesthesia instead of general, even though it may seem daunting at first!

Posted (edited)

I finally went and did it!!  If anyone wants a detailed account of my rhinoplasty experience (with a local anesthetic) please let me know, would be more than happy to share.  I am now 7 days post op and it's great!  Definitely recommend local anesthesia instead of general, even though it may seem daunting at first!

Absolutely share your experience!!

Edited by Nevermore

Posted

I had my surgery on the 1st of July - I was extremely nervous about it.  I went for consult a couple of times and the doctor recommended I get a closed rhinoplasty with local anesthetic since I did not have a deviated septum or any other complications.  He also said it's better for the recovery time and in terms of the strain it puts on the body.  I went to the doctor and told him generally what I wanted, but he took one look at my nose and he knew exactly what needed to be done.  He shaved off my dorsal hump, heightened the tip and took out some cartilage so that the nose seems smaller and a little bit upturned.  Basically, I just wanted a smaller nose because growing up my dad and cousin teased me about it so much that I developed a huge complex, which is funny because even the doctor told me I did not have a big nose.

The day of the surgery comes - I have general anxiety by the way and was of course terrified.  I was given a Xanax as a sedative and then I was taken to the surgery room where the doctor administered the local anesthesia.  To be honest, that was the only painful moment of the whole surgery and I teared up a little.  I spent the entire time talking about medicine with the doctor and the nurse since I am in a related field.  Time passed super quickly.  I was told at the end that the surgery took about 1 hour and a quarter.  There were only a couple odd instances I would say - when he was hammering my bone and afterward when he was trying to break it so the nose would be a little narrower.  Apparently, my bones were unexpectedly sturdy so a second surgeon had to come in and they both tried for about 3 times on each side to break the bones.  To do that they had to press on my face pretty hard for them to break - truthfully I was kinda cheering them on hoping to hear the pop and it just wouldn't come.  

The shaving of the dorsal hump took most of the time, he did everything else at the tip super quickly and stitched me up.  I was then bandaged and taken to a waiting room to be monitored for a few hours.  I was under the impression I would go home immediately, and as such kept on asking when I would go home.  Fortunately, I did not bleed a lot during the surgery and I was surprisingly spry so they sent me home after an hour. 

Now the recovery.  I had nasal packing for two days, which was awful because I hate breathing through my mouth (right now I have a sore throat because of that).  Sleep was bad for the first couple of days, I had to sleep semi-sitting up.  I did not bruise at all.  I had some swelling the second day, but not very bad and they gave me a shot for it.  The third day I was like new in terms of swelling - no bruising.  

On the 3rd of July, they finally removed my nasal packing and god... Everywhere I read everyone was saying how much it hurt.  Please don't believe that.  I went there scared for my life and literally 2 seconds later I was asking the doctor if that was all.  No pain whatsoever.  After the nasal packing was removed I could breathe through my nose but it was still hard (and it still is not 100% fine).

On the 5th, I went in for the big reveal and to change my bandages.  No bruising, but nose was swollen af.  Still, the result was visible.  I absolutely loved the new shape, the profile was amazing.  The front of the nose was a bit too swollen for me to get an idea but I still liked it. I do have to say I was probably the most nervous for this day because I'm incredibly picky and I was terrified I would not like the new nose.  So far that has not been the case.

In another two days I'm going to remove the bandages (I think permanently this time) and also remove the stitches.  I will update with how my nose looks like then. If anyone wants to see my daily evolution dm me.  As a bonus, you can see the bones/cartilage they took out under the spoiler (don't look if you don't like that kind of stuff) because I wouldn't have missed for anything having my own bones as souvenirs. 

20190707_225503.thumb.jpg.4abc77f865f5b6