• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Plastic Surgery Experience Thread

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello!

I've been thinking about getting some nose fillers to smooth out the bump in my nose and make it more upturned. Has anyone here gotten them? How much did you pay? And how was the experience and the healing process? 

Posted

Hello!

I've been thinking about getting some nose fillers to smooth out the bump in my nose and make it more upturned. Has anyone here gotten them? How much did you pay? And how was the experience and the healing process? 

I'm going to be getting nose fillers soon to tweak the rhinoplasty I had so when I get it I'll let you know :) I have had chin filler + botox to relax chin muscle ($800). There's not much of a healing process. Other than minor swelling that you don't even notice, you're completely back to normal right after the appointment. Otherwise you just sleep sitting up for a day or so and avoid exercising for a while.

It's expensive but after several times your body stops absorbing the filler and you don't have to redo it again (maybe a minor touch up down the road) 

Posted

Can anyone on this thread give me advice when it comes to doing a rhinoplasty like the whole process and financing it? I'm from NYC and I just want my nose shape to change. I ask one of the best rhinoplasty plastic surgeons how much is a nose job but she said $17,000 which I honestly don't have the funds for. Any advice how I can save up?

Posted

Can anyone on this thread give me advice when it comes to doing a rhinoplasty like the whole process and financing it? I'm from NYC and I just want my nose shape to change. I ask one of the best rhinoplasty plastic surgeons how much is a nose job but she said $17,000 which I honestly don't have the funds for. Any advice how I can save up?

Are you sure you’re not being ripped off? A rhinoplasty averages at about $4-5k. Even breast augmentation, which is always a much more expensive procedure than a rhinoplasty + you’re paying for the implants, rarely goes beyond $10k.

If this is just an “Instagram famous” surgeon and that’s why they’re hiking up the prices so much, it’s not worth it. There are many skilled surgeons out there who aren’t grossly overpricing their services. Even the surgeon I went to, who is considered the best of the best in my area, only overpriced his services by 1k.

Posted (edited)

Are you sure you’re not being ripped off? A rhinoplasty averages at about $4-5k. Even breast augmentation, which is always a much more expensive procedure than a rhinoplasty + you’re paying for the implants, rarely goes beyond $10k.

If this is just an “Instagram famous” surgeon and that’s why they’re hiking up the prices so much, it’s not worth it. There are many skilled surgeons out there who aren’t grossly overpricing their services. Even the surgeon I went to, who is considered the best of the best in my area, only overpriced his services by 1k.

Tbh I'm kinda new to this whole rhinoplasty process and most of the plastic surgeons in NY are pricey af, but rn I'm pretty clueless when it comes to pricing in rhinoplasties. But I will say 17K is expensive as shit for no reason imo. I will try to find a great plastic surgeon in NY. Thanks for the advice.:alpacasad:

Edited by kontour

Posted

Tbh I'm kinda new to this whole rhinoplasty process and most of the plastic surgeons in NY are pricey af, but rn I'm pretty clueless when it comes to pricing in rhinoplasties. But I will say 17K is expensive as shit for no reason imo. I will try to find a great plastic surgeon in NY. Thanks for the advice.:alpacasad:

No problem! Try out realself. You’ll be able to find a bunch of reviews (with photos) of different surgeons in your area and nearby areas. It will also tell you the average prices of different procedures so you get an idea of what you should be paying :) 

Also, don’t be afraid to travel to a different city. You can find someone just as experienced outside of your city who is much cheaper. 

Posted

Has anyone ever had experience with loose skin surgery I've lost 100lbs and my boy is saggy as heck now :c and its my biggest insecurity my parents have agreed to pay for a tummy tuck in 2 years but Im pretty sure that a tummy tuck just deals with the tummy area I still have lots of skin on my thighs, arms, and chest area I'm worried that all of it will be extremely expensive and I'm scared  

Posted

Has anyone ever had experience with loose skin surgery I've lost 100lbs and my boy is saggy as heck now :c and its my biggest insecurity my parents have agreed to pay for a tummy tuck in 2 years but Im pretty sure that a tummy tuck just deals with the tummy area I still have lots of skin on my thighs, arms, and chest area I'm worried that all of it will be extremely expensive and I'm scared  

My mum had the body lift surgery done because she lost over 100lbs herself. You should follow @fatgirlfedup, she talks about her journey losing over 100 lbs and is getting all of her loose skin tucked/removed!

Posted

Hello!

i got this a few months ago

i went there and the first time i wasn't happy at all bcs i thought my bump was still way too obvious

so i went there for a correction (which was free) and i was really happy, my nose was straight and looked amazing from my side profile, from front view it didn't change anything

it took me some days to stop feeling my nose and the fillers, i had to massage my nose every day to keep the fillers in place at the beginning, but it didn't hurt at all

i paid around 400 swiss francs (which is around $400  i guess?)

Posted

Has anyone on PULL had a boob job? My breasts lay low (like Yungelita) and I would like to have an implant done to make my breasts look less saggy and much fuller kinda like this

fascinating_for_words_08.thumb.jpg.ec333

My breasts are super large and saggy. I just paid for a lift (will be done in December). The surgeon said because I have thin skin (from the large breasts and saggyness), I can't get any implants yet. He said he'll have to see my skin after the scar heals. I don't know how common that issue is but beware....I assumed since I already had huge boobies that I can easily get some implants too but he said the lift leaves a huge scar that can break open if you have thin skin and the implant then could fall out....ugh!!  Scary

Posted

I had a rhino + septoplasty three months ago and I'm very happy with the results. My nose had a prominent bump and a flat rotation, and it was also very crooked which caused minor breathing problems. I'm from Europe and the surgery was around 5,500 euros, but because I have an insurance plan I only payed for the rhino (2,500 euros). Obviously I payed for a whole bunch of other stuff too (hotel, food, consultations in between etc but I won't include that here). I have two pieces of advice for anyone who's thinking about getting this surgery.

1. When you're looking for a qualified professional try to look for someone who's not only a plastic surgeon but also works in other parts of the face & reconstruction because these doctors have a better understanding of your face as WHOLE. If they're just plastic surgeons they will most likely only focus on the aesthetic part, not taking into consideration other aspects of the anatomy of your face. It's not always the case, but it's preferable to go to someone with knowledge on both things (health of the nose + appearance of the nose).

2. Photoshop your nose, don't bring pictures of celebrities to a consultation. Take pictures from the side view then go on Photoshop and work with the tools there to modify and shape your nose (it's very simple to do this, just google it). If you do this and show the doctor, they will understand exactly what you want, and can use that picture as a reference when you're going through the surgery. It's what happened to me, and to be honest, I think my nose wouldn't have turned out the way it did if I didn't go that extra mile. If you go to a consultation and say "I want my bump to be softened, and my tip to be upturned and smaller" obviously the doctor will have their own ideas. But with a photoshopped picture they're looking at your face and can tell you if it's a realistic result. Of course you can also bring pictures of noses you like, but combine it with your own. The more you bring, the better.

Sorry if it's not clear enough, English is not my first language. If you have any questions about my experience feel free to message me, or ask them through here.

Posted (edited)

does anyone have experience with fillers for undereye hollows? i always look so tired, and concealer doesn't really help very much when they're shadows because of the hollows being so deep

Edited by foxing

Posted

does anyone have experience with fillers for undereye hollows? i always look so tired, and concealer doesn't really help very much when they're shadows because of the hollows being so deep

Hiii me again lol yes, I have gotten under eye filler and it is not as bad as you may think! In my opinion, it doesn't hurt at all. I got it done back in December or so and I haven't needed to get it done again! I used to have really bad dark circles and under eye lines that couldn't be fixed. No matter how may creams or serums or eye masks I tried, they wouldn't go away. I'll admit I was scared to go through with the undereye filler at first because I thought it was going to be extremely unpleasant, but to my surprise it wasn't bad at all! I didn't feel a thing. The numbing cream is strong and the skin under your eyes is thin, so a combination of both those things makes it virtually painless! Also, doctors do not use a needle when injecting filler under the eyes. They simply use a needle to create a teeny tiny little hole and use a flexible cannula to inject the filler under your eyes. This is so patients experience less bruising, and creates a more seamless application. While I did not experience any bruising nor pain when I had my under eye filler done, please keep in mind that this experience was entirely my own and may not be the same for other people! I strongly encourage you to reach out to different doctors and see befores and afters, as well as asking them a lot of questions about their practice. And if someone seems sketchy to you, then hit the road! They don't deserve your money and likely do not know what they are doing/aren't confident in their skills. Definitely go to someone who comes highly recommended!

Posted

Hiii me again lol yes, I have gotten under eye filler and it is not as bad as you may think! In my opinion, it doesn't hurt at all. I got it done back in December or so and I haven't needed to get it done again! I used to have really bad dark circles and under eye lines that couldn't be fixed. No matter how may creams or serums or eye masks I tried, they wouldn't go away. I'll admit I was scared to go through with the undereye filler at first because I thought it was going to be extremely unpleasant, but to my surprise it wasn't bad at all! I didn't feel a thing. The numbing cream is strong and the skin under your eyes is thin, so a combination of both those things makes it virtually painless! Also, doctors do not use a needle when injecting filler under the eyes. They simply use a needle to create a teeny tiny little hole and use a flexible cannula to inject the filler under your eyes. This is so patients experience less bruising, and creates a more seamless application. While I did not experience any bruising nor pain when I had my under eye filler done, please keep in mind that this experience was entirely my own and may not be the same for other people! I strongly encourage you to reach out to different doctors and see befores and afters, as well as asking them a lot of questions about their practice. And if someone seems sketchy to you, then hit the road! They don't deserve your money and likely do not know what they are doing/aren't confident in their skills. Definitely go to someone who comes highly recommended!

thank you! i'm honestly not too concerned about pain, i've had moles sliced off and piercings so i'll probably be fine, though it is still comforting to hear! but it sounds like it was worth it for you. how long is it supposed to last? and did you find its made a big difference in your face? like do you look less tired? sorry about all the questions, your personal experience is so valuable to me haha

Posted

thank you! i'm honestly not too concerned about pain, i've had moles sliced off and piercings so i'll probably be fine, though it is still comforting to hear! but it sounds like it was worth it for you. how long is it supposed to last? and did you find its made a big difference in your face? like do you look less tired? sorry about all the questions, your personal experience is so valuable to me haha

No it's totally okay! No need to apologize, I am here to help! (: I want to say it depends on how deep your lines are. Mine weren't that deep but they were pronounced enough to make me look like I never got enough sleep. And no matter how many face masks/eye masks I did, my lines/dark circles never got any better. I only had my under eye filler done one time and that had to be back in December or so (I am actually going to get my lips done tomorrow so I will ask to see how long it's actually been) and my under eye lines/dark circles have not come back! Like I really don't need to go back and get it done again because I don't need it at all. It made a HUGE difference in my whole complexion. I was so shocked at how different I looked. Even my doctor was impressed! It was one of the best things I've ever done. I have tried loads of different creams and serums. From cheap to high end, I tried them all before I decided to get filler. If pain is not your main concern then you will be totally fine. I have piercings myself so getting fillers are a walk in the park for me. I really have nothing but positive things to say about my experience! The fact that I did not bruise at all made me really happy as well. I hope this answered all your questions and if you have more then please ask away! :alpacacrush: