Plastic Surgery Experience Thread

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't have any experienced but one of my cousin sister did her double eyelid surgery in korea and it turned out really nice and it looks very natural.she said she healed fast than other people and i think it cost her over £1000 pound. 

Posted

I hope your surgery goes well!

May I ask your surgeon's name? I'm looking do facial contouring and rhino in Seoul before end of year... hopefully. I like their dolly look, but I heard too many batcher jobs esp from international famous clinic like ID 😫

Posted

I hope your surgery goes well!

May I ask your surgeon's name? I'm looking do facial contouring and rhino in Seoul before end of year... hopefully. I like their dolly look, but I heard too many batcher jobs esp from international famous clinic like ID 😫

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm doing my surgery in Toronto (Canada) so it's not in your area :( if you still want to know I could tell you. 

Let me know how your process goes!

Posted (edited)

Thanks! Unfortunately I'm doing my surgery in Toronto (Canada) so it's not in your area :( if you still want to know I could tell you. 

Let me know how your process goes!

I live in Canada too! The reason I don't want to do ps in Canada is because the difference between western and eastern asian beauty standards, but I think my main concerns right now are nerve damage, botchered face, and post op (tip drop for rhino and sagging for facial) :alpacaworry:

Thank you for the detailed review and I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well. I heard the first night is a real struggle since you can't breathe properly, so travel pillow is definitely a good idea. As for self identity, I think it depends on how well a person deals with changes and how much has changed. I only want to enhance my face a bit and nothing drastic either, so it should be fine. 

Wish you a smooth and quick recovery :alpacacrush:  eat a lot of nutritious food.

Edited by Cieh

Posted

I live in Canada too! The reason I don't want to do ps in Canada is because the difference between western and eastern asian beauty standards, but I think my main concerns right now are nerve damage, botchered face, and post op (tip drop for rhino and sagging for facial) :alpacaworry:

Thank you for the detailed review and I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well. I heard the first night is a real struggle since you can't breathe properly, so travel pillow is definitely a good idea. As for self identity, I think it depends on how well a person deals with changes and how much has changed. I only want to enhance my face a bit and nothing drastic either, so it should be fine. 

Wish you a smooth and quick recovery :alpacacrush:  eat a lot of nutritious food.

I agree about surgeons in Canada maybe not being familiar with Korean beauty standards, although there's a possibility you can find a Korean surgeon in Canada who is. If you choose going to Korea make sure you're in Korea long enough in case there are any complications and you need to see your surgeon again. It would suck if you're already back in Canada and something goes wrong.

I actually didn't get the packing (cotton that is stuck up your nostrils up to your brain -__-) that most people do so now that there's no more bleeding i can breathe perfectly.

Posted

Update! Just came back from the hospital. Another long post:

I had to stop eating solid foods 8 hours before the surgery, and stop drinking clear liquids completely 3 hours before (they make you do this because you can throw up the food and choke during the surgery and nobody would notice because you're asleep). I was to arrive at the hospital at 12 so that was ok because I had to stop eating at 4am. I was asleep for most of the fasting. I recommend booking your surgery at a similar time to avoid being awake during fasting hours. I had to bring to the hospital with me a robe and slippers.

I arrived, got my hospital bracelet, talked to the nurse, and after some waiting she took me to a small office to check my vitals (blood pressure, temperature) and have me sign a consent form for a septorhinoplasty. I wasn't getting a septoplasty, this was purely cosmetic, but because they might need cartilage from the septum they categorize it under septo as well. Then she took me to a change room and gave me a hospital gown and pants. She told me to remove everything except socks and underwear and put the clothes that she provided me with + my robe and slippers. She put all my belongings in a big labelled plastic bag and moved me to the waiting room.

The surgery was supposed to be around 1pm but it ended up being near 4pm. The anesthesiologist came out to introduce himself and explain what he would be doing. He asked some basic questions like if I drink/smoke (I don't) or if there's a possibility that I might be pregnant (there wasn't, I'm a good kid). Then the surgeon came out to see me briefly. We did a quick overview of what the plan was and confirmed that we won't be touching the bridge. He left and then I waited until the nurse came to take me to the operation room. 

We walked to the operation room where there were 3 people busy working (anesthesiologist and 2 nurses) and my surgeon who was isolated and focused on studying what I assumed were the plans for the surgery. The nurse laid me on the bed and placed a microwaved blanket on me (omg I'm in love with that shit). They made small talk with me while the anesthesiologist placed cold patches on my shoulders and side and the nurse inserted an IV in my hand. I've had a freakishly painful IV inserted in my hand before so I was really scared but this one was painless other than a quick pinch of the needle and an initial burn when the fluid first went in. Then they placed a mask on my mouth/nose area and told me to breathe deeply and I was knocked out.

I became conscious again (still sleeping though) after what felt like an hour. I was in a patient waiting room with other people and a nurse came to ask me a quick question and check my vitals again. She placed a towel over my eyes and a surgical glove full of ice on my face. So ghetto but it did the job. As for the pain levels, there was a noticeable pain in the tip but it was 100% bearable and actually felt good haha. It was kind of like the pain you get after working out, or the good pain you get from a deep tissue massage. So yes, I felt it but it strangely felt good. I didn't feel the need to take any medicine for it.

Turns out I was knocked out for 3-4 hours. Surgery took 1 hour and 20 minutes and then I was stuck in the waiting room for the rest before they rolled me out to see my mom. The surgeon ended up using a closed procedure the entire time so I won't have a visible scar (we gave him the option of doing open if he feels the need to. The open method gives more accuracy so I'd rather have a scar but accurate results than no scar and worse results. However he felt fully confident in the closed method). He also came out to talk to my mom after the surgery was completed and said that it was successful and the result is just what I wanted. When I was with my mom a nurse came to check my vitals a couple more times and she brought my belongings. She told me to always have someone accompanying me as I was still very lightheaded from the anaesthesia and there was a chance I could fall or faint. She also said to only drink fluids because I could get nauseous but I honestly went for a burger the moment I left that place. Felt a little nauseous but nothing bad. So my mom helped me get dressed, got me on a wheelchair, pushed me to the car and we went home.

About my nose right now: I have a cast on my nose with only the tip peaking out and a gauze on my upper lip. It feels like my nose is having a period. Every once in a while, I'll have random blood gushing out and my first gauze ended up being completely soaked in blood and I changed it. My upper lip is not numb at all - I suspect it's because I didn't do the open procedure where they cut the septum and damage the nerves. My tip is swollen and very shiny. I poked it lightly and it's not knuckle-hard like some people described their nose to be post-surgery. It is kinda hard if you put more pressure on it but I won't do that. THE CRACK IS COMPLETELY GONE. My nose went from a boxy shape to a VERY natural triangular shape (the tip is somewhat round but keep in mind it's still swollen). My stitches are in my nostrils and feel like boogers. Tonight I have to sleep sitting up so I got a big triangular pillow to lean back on and a travel pillow to keep my neck up.

Something that people don't talk about is struggling with your self-identity when you change your physical appearance. Some people go through a depressed phase because they can't identify with their new feature. Luckily, I didn't feel that at all. I still feel like I look like me but more refined. The change wasn't drastic.

Tomorrow I start with the recovery stage which includes cleaning and taking care of my nose. In a week I get my cast and stitches removed. Let me know if you guys are still interested in reading about that and if this information is helpful at all :) Again, questions are welcome

I'm so glad that your surgery went well! I had mine two years ago. Actually, I got depressed after that. I looked on the mirror and couldn't identify myself, my face was still very swollen and I regretted doing the rhino. Nobody ever spoke to me about that and I thought I was going insane because everybody told me I was looking good. It wasn't anything drastic, I just removed my dorsal hump, but somehow it felt like my whole face was different. Fortunately I came to love my new nose and sometimes I forget that I even had a nosejob! The recovery is the most difficult part, good luck with it :)

Posted

Has anyone on PULL had a boob job? My breasts lay low (like Yungelita) and I would like to have an implant done to make my breasts look less saggy and much fuller kinda like this

fascinating_for_words_08.thumb.jpg.ec333

Posted

I'm so glad that your surgery went well! I had mine two years ago. Actually, I got depressed after that. I looked on the mirror and couldn't identify myself, my face was still very swollen and I regretted doing the rhino. Nobody ever spoke to me about that and I thought I was going insane because everybody told me I was looking good. It wasn't anything drastic, I just removed my dorsal hump, but somehow it felt like my whole face was different. Fortunately I came to love my new nose and sometimes I forget that I even had a nosejob! The recovery is the most difficult part, good luck with it :)

Nobody talks about that part of cosmetic surgery! And yours wasn't even that drastic of a change. Just removal of the hump and it went well right? I'm really glad you came to identify with your new face and love your new nose now :) 

Posted

I have done double eyelid surgery. This was 4 years back now. I did mine in Australia with reputable surgeon. He was very frank and blunt. Which I appreciated, he told me what is best for me. 

I have to admit, I knew i will bruise and swell. But damn son, didn't realise how badly it swelled. It wasnt that bad in terms of pain. But I got very bruised and swollen to the point of where my eyelids felt numb when i touched them. I only took Panadol for the first night. I took ibuprofen afterwards for a bit to help with swelling. (Always remember to take your drs advice with ibuprofen post surgery, as it thins blood!)

My partner also refused to take me out without sunglasses. It had made me look like i had black eyes from being beaten up. I still have photos of the healing phase. Will post if people want to see.

Another thing is to consider is season. I have hay fever, and stupid me picked spring to do the surgery. My eyes got so itchy, i forgot about the stitches in my sleep. I rubbed my left eye too hard, that one inner stitch came undone. 

But 4 years on, I am glad to have gone through it. I have considered for 4 years at least for getting the surgery. I did my research, and understood the potiential risks. Always research and ask heaps! You can't really afford a mistake.

Posted

@appleseeds I am SUPER happy that you wrote this, I actually clicked into this thread to ask about eyelid surgery.

Funnily enough, I only want it one of my eyes.My right eye got a pretty good shape and "amount of eyelid", the other is slightly hooded. It looks fine when I use eyeliner but if I want to use eyeshadow for more dramatic looks it gets a bit... uneven because you can't see what's going on in the left eye. 

Does that mean I only have to pay half of the price for this kind of surgery? :haiplz:

Posted

@appleseeds I am SUPER happy that you wrote this, I actually clicked into this thread to ask about eyelid surgery.

Funnily enough, I only want it one of my eyes.My right eye got a pretty good shape and "amount of eyelid", the other is slightly hooded. It looks fine when I use eyeliner but if I want to use eyeshadow for more dramatic looks it gets a bit... uneven because you can't see what's going on in the left eye. 

Does that mean I only have to pay half of the price for this kind of surgery? :haiplz:

hahaha thanks 

but it depends on your surgeon. Some actually are willing to go half price if its one eye. Thats what mine told me, if i need revision on one of the eye.

Posted

Second last (?) update:

For the first two days post op I had to sleep sitting up (a good quality travel pillow really helps) but I did an extra day or two just for precautions. As for cleaning, I would clean my nose 3-4 times a day daily and ice it as often as possible. Cleaning included using a special bottle to pump a salt water solution up my nose, followed by sticking a q-tip up there and cleaning out the blood/snot and drying it, and lastly using the q-tip to apply polysporin to the inside of my nostrils. First few days were really bloody and snotty (you'll be congested for a long while after surgery) but eventually I was able to remove the gauze from under my nose without worrying about random leaks. Although I did have one time where I was sitting doing nothing and suddenly a sh*tload of clear fluid just came pouring out of my nose randomly lol. 

Literally zero pain but I started getting really itchy under my cast near the middle of the week. I was like a black girl patting her weave to scratch her scalp except tapping my cast lmao. I couldn't get my cast wet at all for the entire week so if I washed my body, it would be in a bath scrubbing individual body parts rather than a shower. One time I accidentally smacked my nose from under and it hurt like a mofo but it didn't mess up my nose. Nose feels harder but nothing like a knuckle. It feels about as hard as my parents' noses which are natural.

Yesterday was the day I removed my cast and I wasn't that nervous. Went to the surgeon's office which was a different location than where the surgery took place. I was in the waiting room for several minutes until a nurse called me in. She took me into a small room and removed the cast + tape which was a huge relief. Apparently the stitches are dissolvable so I didn't have to go through the "pulling your nostril hair x10" pain like I heard everyone else did. She gave me the hand mirror and although I honestly didn't want to look I brought it up to my face and holy $#%!, acne. I've heard of people saying that they get major blackheads when they remove the cast but my nose was all bubbly and yellow (the puss). Didn't even know my body was capable of that. It was disgusting guys.

Nurse told me that I won't be able to exercise for another week and to avoid contact sports for several months. She said that at some point I will eventually be able to get hit in the face with a ball and it will be ok. She said I have to continue doing the cleaning+polysporin routine and that although my nose will feel tender, I can use whatever I want to remove the acne, including popping it.

As for the appearance, gonna be honest, I wasn't really happy about it. It looked natural but it looked nothing like it did when the cast was on. The tip was very round and fat, there was still a little bit of crack visible, and the bridge was noticeably swollen. The nostrils were asymmetrical, which is probably due to the swelling since my nostrils have been healing at different rates and the view from the bottom wasn't as triangular as it looked with the cast/tape on. It basically looked like a big ol' sausage that was wider at the top. It didn't look like the photo I gave my surgeon. I didn't want to jump to conclusions because there's still a LOT of swelling but your first reaction isn't to be reasonable, it's to be devastated lol. Anyway surgeon came to talk to us and said 80% of the swelling will go down by 2-3 months post op and we booked a followup appointment then.

Then I left the office and I burst out crying haha. Not proud of it but I did. I'm a little more used to it now and I don't totally hate it but I don't really like it either. Reality of plastic surgery :/ I'm going to wait it out and see how it looks once a majority of the swelling goes down before I come to any conclusion and I'll update you guys then.