• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1759 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

just watched her graveyard performance and jesus how does she even get her vocals to be this shaky, isn't her jaw tired? she also has the worst breath control I've ever seen for a performer, half this performance is her gulping down huge breaths of air and yet she still sounds like she's out of breath the whole time

i'd give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's because she's walking around and occasionally doing little "dance" moves but she sings exactly like this even when she's barely doing anything

That shit she does with her jaw is so annoying. You can tell she's trying to sing in vibrato but she doesn't actually know how to do it so she just moves her jaw. That's why when she said she had a "jaw condition" everyone called her out on it. You can see she still sings the same way since before she had an album.  Especially in her cover of radio: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1RV4dVYs0

Like can we talk about her vocal skills..because we're still very much "indie girl introuces us to her kitchen" phase 

Edited by sleepydumpling
spelling

Posted

just watched her graveyard performance and jesus how does she even get her vocals to be this shaky, isn't her jaw tired? she also has the worst breath control I've ever seen for a performer, half this performance is her gulping down huge breaths of air and yet she still sounds like she's out of breath the whole time

i'd give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's because she's walking around and occasionally doing little "dance" moves but she sings exactly like this even when she's barely doing anything

she needs to start lip syncing lol

Posted (edited)

20191104_021009.thumb.jpg.1aba459f7636c3i am,,,, crying

Edited by moonIight

Posted

Her voice is so weak to me. 

Posted

20191104_021009.thumb.jpg.1aba459f7636c3

EJEBDJENDJEJEJ I bet Ray only listens to Top 40 music

Posted (edited)

now twigs def fits into the category of alternative. halsey gurl compare your music to twigs and see why you're a pop artist and she isnt 

Edited by cleopathetic
you're

Posted

That shit she does with her jaw is so annoying. You can tell she's trying to sing in vibrato but she doesn't actually know how to do it so she just moves her jaw. That's why when she said she had a "jaw condition" everyone called her out on it. You can see she still sings the same way since before she had an album.  Especially in her cover of radio: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1RV4dVYs0

Like can we talk about her vocal skills..because we're still very much "indie girl introuces us to her kitchen" phase 

OMG HER JAW!! It was all I could focus on because it just looks so WRONG.

Posted

She just won Best Pop at EMAs and she looked so annoyed/ungrateful when it was announced.

Well done though Halsey, using BTS and ARMY finally paid off and you got those votes you're always desperate for.

well ofc she'd be annoyed she's not pop, she's such an Indie artist how dare they nominate and make her win in a pop category. xD

Nominated and winner in the Best Pop category

Halsey:

20191104_000051.thumb.jpg.4396271b7a9dfa

Posted

003B2C87-F730-476C-A810-E2D46AC0FD7A.thu195CCB53-38DB-4BB7-8219-85D4B3A5D5BB.thuF107E09B-69BB-4020-89C5-CACE1BCEDF74.thu

Theres no way her stylist likes her.... absolutely no way ☠️

everytime i see her on a red carpet, it always reminds me of what hautelemode said about her "theres a reason why a real brand doesn't wanna dress you"

Her stylist HAS to hate her because she hasn't had a good red carpet look ever. Not even her met gala outfit. She sometimes comes close to it but then ends up ruining it with something "edgy" and mismatched. Halsey needs to learn how to dress for her body and image because she can't pull off these type of looks. I'm really not a fan of the orange hair. It just makes her look old, in my opinion.

BeFunky-collage_(2).thumb.jpg.8ade8b2790

This performance was boring and it just looked like she didn't know what she was supposed to do onstage. There were so many mistakes of her nearly tripping over the stairs, not balancing properly while dancing etc, and I don't know why she's trying so hard to make a statement when she needs to learn how to sing at the same time first. This outfit was pretty, though. But, It would've looked better on another celebrity. 

Posted

This performance was boring and it just looked like she didn't know what she was supposed to do onstage. There were so many mistakes of her nearly tripping over the stairs, not balancing properly while dancing etc, and I don't know why she's trying so hard to make a statement when she needs to learn how to sing at the same time first. This outfit was pretty, though. But, It would've looked better on another celebrity. 

i agree, I was actually surprised by how much i liked her white dress during the performance, though it doesn’t seem to fit her usual “style” (or lack thereof?? Lol). I also really liked the hairstyle she had, though the auburn doesn’t really do anything for her.

i thought the performance was...kinda strange? The staging and the visuals were pretty, but her dancing was a different story. It’s hard to dance and run around and sing at the same time, and halsey certainly couldn’t handle it. Like someone else said, she sounded out of breath and she was stumbling around a whole lot. It was kind of embarrassing.

Posted

Watch her or her fans say it was on purpose and that is art lmao

Posted

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't your voice do vibrato naturally when you learn how to sing and breathe the right way? Or maybe something similar. It just shows how lazy she is to even learn the very basics of singing.

Posted

I watched the graveyard performance and y’all........I..... her dancing or her attempt to reminded me of how I would dance after watching So Think You Can Dance as a child; suddenly thinking that I could dance as well as the contestants, even though my dance moves were a hot mess lmao.

Posted

her stylist definitely has something against her bc her outfits are pretty decent most of the time (i assume she dresses herself on the daily and for festivals and stuff). why does she need to have 3294729 outfits for every award show, just stick with one (1) good outfit instead of 5 terrible ones?? poor hautelemode would legitimately go into a cringe coma if he saw her dress. 

and the red hair isn't doing her any favour either. she looks the best w black hair (even w the rainbow fringe) and the long blonde hair from 2017. 

Posted

She literally posted a video in her instagram stories last night (sorry I can't figure out how to share but it's still up now) of herself calling a photographer at the EMA's an asshole, just for saying "excuse me" to get her attention for a photo. She is so pretentious and mean, like if you don't want your picture taken don't go out there posing with your awards. He is just doing his job that you clearly want him to do if you're choosing to be there. I wish photographers would just stop giving her the time of day, she doesn't deserve it.