• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

3350 posts in this topic

Posted

Demi Lovato lost it after Halsey accused her of exploiting her bisexuality

Funny cause like like that seems exactly like she's doing. How uncomfortable.

Posted (edited)

Demi Lovato lost it after Halsey accused her of exploiting her bisexuality

Funny cause like like that seems exactly like she's doing. How uncomfortable.

SHOOOOOOW MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

eDIT: OH

Halsey said "bi-phobia" has now trickled into the music industry.

"Generally the closest thing to queer representation you get in pop are songs sung by straight women," the interviewer pointed out to Halsey. "And they're more about experimental hookups... "

"Bisexuality as a taboo," Halsey agreed.

She promptly began putting several singers (*cough* Demi Lovato *cough*) on blast.

Halsey started rattling off lyrics she deemed problematic:

"'

Don't tell your mom

' or '

We shouldn't do this

' or '

This feels so wrong but it's so right

.'"

pheipyvr402qbwe.thumb.png.61dc30245d4a1c

Here

Edited by M.I.A

Posted

i literally can't get over she's going around kissing her fans all the damn time. you would have thought she would have learned her lesson. 

Posted

Halsey also recently took at hit at Iggy Azalea for disrespecting black culture. Talk about easiest target ever. Like we all know that and we all hate Iggy. She needs to stop picking fights with people, even if she is right, because she is hardly a saint, and it makes her look like a royal bitch to keep insulting her contemporaries.

Just in case you guys wanted to watch her get roasted for six straight minutes

Posted

Her music is meh. A friend said that she doesn't sing, she sing-talks

Posted

I only know her from a video where she met BTS. She gave them churros or something.

Same! It was the first time I saw her talking/interacting with people and she seemed pretty sweet? But obv my perspective is very skewed 

Posted (edited)

Same! It was the first time I saw her talking/interacting with people and she seemed pretty sweet? But obv my perspective is very skewed 

I think she is pretty nice.. Never really saw anything negative she said about people personally. Seems to love her fans.

However, I think she's a compulsive liar. She speaks openly and loudly about her views of racism and other subjects. However, she should watch what she says in interviews. She referred to to herself as a loose lazy gypsy.

http://bluestockingsmag.com/2014/07/08/socially-accepted-racism-how-european-antiziganism-prevails/

She underplayed the homophobic controversy of singers she collabed with.

Although we all agree, we don't like iggy, she was too much of an easy target and there's nothing worse when people like Halsey use that to fight a point, when it just is creating more conflict.

she could've just fucking said she didn't know of the homophobic shit being spewed by someone she worked on one project with... but funny how she had to get detensive

halsey actually had a phase where she wanted to look like iggy. I'll post the pics when I come upon them.

I don't necessarily think she's a bad person, I think she has a very low filter. However, what annoys me is when she calls other people out for social justice but in her interviews she is offensive IMO

I wrote about her a few pages down of why i thought she was problematic.. but that doesn't mean she's a bad person. I don't hate her, she just annoys me. But people change and shes young so she can better herself and I think she probably will :)

Edited by Kittenpng

Posted (edited)

As a bi girl, I appreciate her representation of LGTBQA+ people, but idk about her music. The only songs I like from her are "New Americana" "Gasoline" and "Control." Her new songs are really pretentious though. I think she saw how much of a success Closer was and decided to switch from indie to pop. She's really pandering now, and her songs are boring. If you ask me, Melanie is much better.

Edited by Starting Forest Fires
Grammar error

Posted

i've been harsh towards Halsey, I never heard her music really but i feel like her personality is kinda ugly? I don't care to listen because she's rude to her fans.

theres just too many incidences where she was way too rude to her fans. Of course, being in the position she and any other super star is, you'll get harassed by fans and I think it's natural to defend yourself in anger in the heat of the moment.

just a few days ago, iguess when she decided to go on tour, she seemed to have worked out good prices for her concerts (which is awesome and definitely admirable.) but VIP seats are like $450 each I think? A lot of people complained on social media.

I would be fucking angry too but the message she sent to one of her fans was just unnecessarily rude.

halsey-ticket-prices-1494244410.png

if that was my idol and I worshipped her and she reacted like this, I would be really upset, like almost too awkward to want to even see her live and meet her. idk, she should've made a public statement, not send an individual a fuming message, sayng that you don't give a fuck about her music and only want to get in a photo with her? so strange... 

it seems like she saw the message but didn't reply? correct me if i'm wrong but she should've at least replied maturely and forgive the person for making her feel disrespected. they were clearly a huge fan and didn't just want to take a photo with her... idk

she just put a bad taste in my mouth, maybe im wrong

Absolutely fucking disgusting.

I'm actually surprised she still hasn't had a breakdown.

As a bi girl, I appreciate her representation of LGTBQA+ people, but idk about her music. The only songs I like from her are "New Americana" "Gasoline" and "Control." Her new songs are really pretentious though. I think she saw how much of a success Closer was and decided to switch from indie to pop. She's really pandering now, and her songs are boring. If you ask me, Melanie is much better.

She was never "indie". She gave herself the title in order to seem more speshul. 

Posted

I heard her sing at music festival a couple of years ago........ she sounds awful live but she interacted with the crowd a lot

Posted

I can't believe that she would lie this much, especially about her background. I used to like and support Halsey until i started hearing about things like this. 

Posted

I like how she kept quiet when Tana Mongeau accused her boyfriend of statutory rape. That's interesting.

Posted

I like how she kept quiet when Tana Mongeau accused her boyfriend of statutory rape. That's interesting.

I watched Tana’s video and she basically said that she and her friends threw their bras (with their phone numbers written on them) at G on stage at his concert and they later got a text from his manager saying he wanted to chill with Tana and her friends and possibly fuck Tana (according to her he said that he only fucks blondes). They agreed to meet up with him at the hotel but couldn’t bc they were underage and didn’t have IDs but G was persistent and told them again numerous times that they should chill with him at his future nearby concerts so her friends ended up meeting up with him when she was away in TX. They FaceTimed Tana when they were in G’s hotel room with him and he asked where the blonde (Tana) was. So basically he wanted to fuck underaged Tana but never ended up actually doing it since she never went through with it. 

Posted

I watched Tana’s video and she basically said that she and her friends threw their bras (with their phone numbers written on them) at G on stage at his concert and they later got a text from his manager saying he wanted to chill with Tana and her friends and possibly fuck Tana (according to her he said that he only fucks blondes). They agreed to meet up with him at the hotel but couldn’t bc they were underage and didn’t have IDs but G was persistent and told them again numerous times that they should chill with him at his future nearby concerts so her friends ended up meeting up with him when she was away in TX. They FaceTimed Tana when they were in G’s hotel room with him and he asked where the blonde (Tana) was. So basically he wanted to fuck underaged Tana but never ended up actually doing it since she never went through with it. 

Tana never said they told the manager they were underaged, though. They danced around it and lied and faked driving to get their ID's.

G-Eazy also apparently wound up fucking one of Tana's minor friends.

So, either G-Eazy unknowingly fucked a minor bc they didn't pursue the IDs or were given fake IDs, knowingly fucked a minor and Tana left out the bit where they said they were minors, or the story is a lie.

I'm............. very uncomfortable by all this.