• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2792 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry to bump a half-dead thread, but I have friends who are massive fans of Halsey so they made me listen to her new album.

As a lesbian, I'm really quite pissed off that her first song with her actually trying to represent wlw is such a negative one about a toxic relationship. And since I know most of her fans are young, I can only think of what the girls that know they're into girls but haven't been with any must be getting from this song.

like .... halsey isn't exactly known for vacating for wlw at all ... all i have seen her use the label as a way to get away with things and this song ... like ... it touches on some things like internatilized homophobia and homophobia irl

but i just can't take her seriously as an artist with these kind of topics ... like she made a q*eerbaiting video, a fucking daddy fuck me video and so much other shit, that her credibility for me is just .... not good. 

in my eyes she's not a good rolemodel or even someone to look up to when all she does is bandwagon, to gain more young followers.

Posted

I heard she is having drama with Niki from Niki and Gabi. Niki is mad at her for copying her style for some odd reason. I think it's Niki getting attention and letting her followers harassing Halsey. 

Posted

I like some of her songs (from room 93 and badlands & the stripped versions) but I feel like she should take a nap. She's still young and being vocal about stuff that you care about is important, but it's not the same as starting fights and can be really harmfull for not only her public image, but also herself.

I'm also pretty let down by her newest album bc I dont get the hip hop(?) thing shes trying to do? I prefer her more whimsical songs tbh. 

Also: what baiting video did you mean? Ghost? @snowfake 

Posted

I heard the live version New Americana on Soundcloud and I loved the lyrics!! I thought it was really empowering. I thought her voice was really beautiful but listening to it now it just sounds really strained..

Wow... a girl like her needs constant attention. Hence explain the lies and trashy outfits. This VMA performance is ssooooo awful..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agFMqNB9BYM

No one applauded when she got onto the stage.. 

This girl is a trainwreck. 

The performance was awful, but her outfit was fine and I clearly heard applause when she came onto the stage ¬¬

Posted

Not only is she a compulsive liar, but a bit of a racist. I got this tea from another gossip site. The person here calls Halsey 'Ashley' (Common knowledge):

Hidden Content

I'm only spilling tea on Ashley from high school cause I went to school with her for two years.

-In high school, she was not claiming her biracial. In fact, she let people believe she was white and only hung out with dorky white kids at school (until sophomore year where she got a bit messy.)

CVdWuy9WcAAKU6P.png

-She only dated indie white boys and white girls (so pretty much what she does now) and paid everyone who were black dust. I know for a fact she was intentionally paying those black boys dust simply because they were black because she would often diss them with the name "!!!!!!" (although most of the time she just let her white friends perpetrate the racism for her.)

I think she was really just having an identity issues :P

She was the kind of girl that thought she was the shit and so different and so unique and misunderstood but really annoyed people on the low. 

She didn't start claiming biracial until the end of sophomore year when she was getting heat damage from straightening her hair everyday and a lot of her white friends wrote her off as a liar. I linked to Allison's instagram comment because she was one of the girls that wrote her off which was surprising cause they were close friends, like the kind to go shoplifting every Sunday.

She got all pissy thinking Ashley lied but honestly, I think she just didn't like black people and was shocked her friend had a black dad. She never got to go to Ashley's house apparently. But when they were friends, they always hung out at a plaza nearby and bragged about stuff they stole from stores in class. :/

In sophomore year, Ashley was kind of the school slut lowkey because she was always with a new dorky, horny white boy or with a nerdy girl like herself. All the boys she dated were white and same for the girls, except for this one girl she dated who was a white-passing half-Asian. This was the time she used to drink a lot, do drugs (rumor), and hang out with outcasts. She was rarely at school and when she was, she was obnoxious and sort of a bitch (especially to me, I have to admit.)
There was a rumor going around for awhile that she was pregnant after a party where she fucked two guys at once and got an abortion (these were her messy days). I'm not sure if the rumor was ever confirmed but sip or spit.

Don't know what happened after Sophomore year cause I moved but I guess she got her act together eventually.

It's not much tea but it's what I know.

she says its not much tea but i nearly spat out my tea reading that. holy moly i dont think i like halsey anymore

Posted

I like some of her songs (from room 93 and badlands & the stripped versions) but I feel like she should take a nap. She's still young and being vocal about stuff that you care about is important, but it's not the same as starting fights and can be really harmfull for not only her public image, but also herself.

I'm also pretty let down by her newest album bc I dont get the hip hop(?) thing shes trying to do? I prefer her more whimsical songs tbh. 

Also: what baiting video did you mean? Ghost? @snowfake 

yeah that one

like she got famous for that, and then .... nothing .... until the strangers song. so idk. it just felt she's using her "sexuality" to gain attention. i

Posted

I only know her from a video where she met BTS. She gave them churros or something.

Posted

I know this was like a year ago, but... she's a "celebrity"... it's her job to meet her fans. And a big part of being a celebrity is knowing a lot of people are going to be rude to you.

OT but still has to do with the video: "I've been up since 8 this morning..." bitch I woke up at 5:30 every single morning for 2 straight years of high school after I moved out just to haul my ass an hour away to school that started at 8. Does she want a cookie?

Posted

She has no idea how bad that attitude is for her image. Just the way the pop industry is but it would have honestly done her more favours to appear aloof/bitchy because the whiny act is sooo... uncool

Honestly how can she write endless tween diary lyrics about liquor and pills and older men but then breaks down at the thought of snubbing some fans lol. Halsey you want us to think you're rock and roll, so you could at least pretend to be. And cheer up love, you've gotten your big break now have some fun with it.

Posted

•  “My parents don’t know who the f**k I am anymore. I never did homework, my room was a f**king mess, I didn’t care if my clothes were dirty. I was the most loose, lazy, completely fluid, lucid gypsy woman. I just became such a, forgive me, but such an anal retentive this past year, because I got something that I was scared to lose.

loose, lazy, completely fluid, lucid Gypsy woman

Extremely Racist or?

Posted

•  “My parents don’t know who the f**k I am anymore. I never did homework, my room was a f**king mess, I didn’t care if my clothes were dirty. I was the most loose, lazy, completely fluid, lucid gypsy woman. I just became such a, forgive me, but such an anal retentive this past year, because I got something that I was scared to lose.

loose, lazy, completely fluid, lucid Gypsy woman

Extremely Racist or?

How is being a lazy teenager makes you a Gypsy?

Posted (edited)

DC9wvL1XcAI84QO.jpg

What a great lgbt activist

Edited by ChoiSulli
I don't know how to incorporate tweets

Posted

DC9wvL1XcAI84QO.jpg

What a great lgbt activist

"I don't care that someone is homophobic, but cultural appropriation is where I draw the line! It's so much worse than someone in the public eye contributing to systematic oppression!"

What a cunt.