• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

5317 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted

didnt she write a similar tumblr post about matty healy from the 1975 (i think)

Posted

The thing is that she acknowledges how creepy it is to an extent, but that doesn't stop her from sharing it which is so wrong on so many different levels. I'm pretty sure a lot of people think similar thoughts especially when they're teenagers, but to post it on the internet WITH YOUR FACE ON THE SCREEN just screams lack of good judgement and not thinking about the future consequences it may have.

My thing is that she's obviously embarrassed by it now as her team tried to erase any trace of it but she would never say she did any of these things since it'll ruin her image (amongst other things she'll never own up to) but will sit on a soapbox and criticize others for doing the exact same thing. 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted (edited)

The thing is that she acknowledges how creepy it is to an extent, but that doesn't stop her from sharing it which is so wrong on so many different levels. I'm pretty sure a lot of people think similar thoughts especially when they're teenagers, but to post it on the internet WITH YOUR FACE ON THE SCREEN just screams lack of good judgement and not thinking about the future consequences it may have.

what I find funniest is that this is something you'd expect from like a 13 year old but halsey was a whole 17/18 year old when she wrote those songs and made those posts like girl... it's like she didn't grow out of it at the time most people would've, I wouldn't be surprised if she's still secretly like that on the inside lmao

Edited by cwcwcw

Posted

Didn't she talk about fangirling and having a blog at some point during her career? It's been mentioned quite a lot which makes me think she's more embarrassed about the specifics of it rather than the blog as whole (does that makes sense?) It's a pretty common knowledge that she used to have a tumblr fangirl blog.

She did mention the blog when she got famous but she talked about it like “people would live my adventures through my blog” and people were like “...you had a 1D blog, chill” lol

Posted

this debate is so funny, for all intents and purposes, halsey is white. she receives the same privileges as a white woman. she is culturally perceived as white. halsey, who fits perfectly into desirability politics and reads in all contexts as “white” (the way she speaks, who she associates with, her music, the issues she claims to care about etc). a visibly black girl (and here i mean someone who white audiences and white record labels perceive as black) could not be as painfully mediocre, uninteresting and obnoxious as she is and continue to get away with it.

hell even azealia banks is insanely talented, she is and was a mess but she would not be able to step foot in the door if she wasn’t a next level rapper.

of course there are biracial girls who appear “exotic” and are mediocre, we don’t need to name names but again thanks to desirability politics and their lighter skin they receive some benefits. for example zoe kravitz, shes an “acceptable” hollywood black woman but she still faces discrimination.

halsey as an unknown actress could walk into an audition now and face zero racial harassment. zoe would not. this is why black people keep saying she’s white lol. now she can cry about us rejecting her and that to some extents is a fair argument (most likely black people can tell she has a snobbish attitude towards us) but she is a grown woman. instead of interrogating why this is, talking about her privileges and clearly aligning herself with black people and african-american culture (to make it clear she embraces both sides of her heritage) she only jumps up to claim black when she wants some damn cornrows or to twerk. 

black people invented rock and roll and are pioneers in many alternative subcultures like punk or avant garde hair and beauty, she doesn’t know or care about that. she’s shallow and that’s fine! but when she starts claiming she’s an activist then i’m going to hold her to it.

there is no one way to be black, to be clear, i’m not saying that but i am saying there are lots of ways to reject blackness and halsey does that.

i'm not saying she bought them. she's close friends with the people who own shami/m jewelers/danielle guizio so i doubt she paid anything because they know if her fans see her working with them, they'll buy from them

but she knows she cant hook up with them for a collab (allegedly tried to hook up with namjoon but he rejected her) so she kissed their ass for like 3 years and when she got what she wanted she started surprising them at interviews, their concerts, saying they're her family and "bought" them expensive bracelets for more pr and dropped them once the clout died down lmao

WAYMENT! hold on now, tell me more about her trying to hook up with namjoon

Posted

Didn't she talk about fangirling and having a blog at some point during her career? It's been mentioned quite a lot which makes me think she's more embarrassed about the specifics of it rather than the blog as whole (does that makes sense?) It's a pretty common knowledge that she used to have a tumblr fangirl blog.

Also when she went to that amusement park with Evan Peters she had no trouble saying stuff like "I had a crush on him since I was 15" or something like that.

I read that her team tried to remove her 1d fansongs but of course, the internet is the internet.  You put it in better words that she's more embarrassed about the specifics. 

I knew that she used to be a 1d fangirl but I never knew she made songs about it and creepy post about smelling Harry's hair or something like that.

Posted

Am I the only one that thinks Halsey's 'Graveyard' album cover looks like Taylor Swift's 'Lover' artwork? It just gives me the same vibes with the face paint on one eye, colourful hair dye at the roots/ends, pastel background, title font, and white/pink t-shirt. I know that Taylor Swift didn't create this aesthetic and I'm not accusing Halsey of copying unless y'all think that's the case, but I just instantly thought of it when I saw it. It's different but some aspects are similar. 

BeFunky-collage_(2).thumb.jpg.5942f886e1

Posted

Am I the only one that thinks Halsey's 'Graveyard' album cover looks like Taylor Swift's 'Lover' artwork? It just gives me the same vibes with the face paint on one eye, colourful hair dye at the roots/ends, pastel background, title font, and white/pink t-shirt. I know that Taylor Swift didn't create this aesthetic and I'm not accusing Halsey of copying unless y'all think that's the case, but I just instantly thought of it when I saw it. It's different but some aspects are similar. 

BeFunky-collage_(2).thumb.jpg.5942f886e1

I didn’t notice that but I do see it a bit. I also think her face looks off on the cover but I can’t exactly pinpoint why???

Posted

I didn’t notice that but I do see it a bit. I also think her face looks off on the cover but I can’t exactly pinpoint why???

it looks swollen

Posted

Her face is lopsided and her upper lip is literally two different shapes and sizes. It also looks nothing like her. The photoshop is horrid. 

Posted

Her face is lopsided and her upper lip is literally two different shapes and sizes. It also looks nothing like her. The photoshop is horrid. 

It looks more like Bella Hadid than Halsey

Posted

her neck is way too small for her head

Posted

She's still lowkey obsessed with Taylor, I noticed she does things Taylor is known for, like her secret album sessions. Also the easter eggs and the whole using past (mostly fake) relationships to sell records about her (fake) pain.