• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

3458 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

her "AMAZING" singing skills :phftt:

this is terrible. everyone is so obsessed with her, so i thought she was at least a good singer

Edited by Abubu

Posted

she's so snotty??

Posted

I heard the live version New Americana on Soundcloud and I loved the lyrics!! I thought it was really empowering. I thought her voice was really beautiful but listening to it now it just sounds really strained..

Wow... a girl like her needs constant attention. Hence explain the lies and trashy outfits. This VMA performance is ssooooo awful..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agFMqNB9BYM

No one applauded when she got onto the stage.. 

This girl is a trainwreck. 

Posted

I like her music but I know all she does is copy lyrics from other artists and her lyrics actually that make no sense at all. I like her style too, I find her really pretty but I hate people who lie and try to be edgy just to have popularity.

Posted

She has the weird scratchy voice that a lot of indie female singers have.

I kinda like Melanie Martinez's songs, but Halsey vs. Melanie is the shitty version of Lana Del Rey vs. Marina and the Diamonds

Marina and Lana are sooo much better and do have great and unique voices.

Posted

Apparently in late January, Christine Sydelko released a Closer parody called "Bing Bong" (where all the lyrics were literally just bing and bong). I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on this, but I think Halsey got upset bc she thought Elijah and Christine wanted to start shit? Here's the link to the song: https://youtu.be/GuYEJnqNS2M

Some of Halsey's tweets about it:

VMjacVL.thumb.jpg.837229d57c21916beb5be4C6GruBYXMAEEVGg.thumb.jpg.db3957f298d6b8C6GruBcWQAA9N7A.thumb.jpg.d01221eb68b7abC6GruBoWMAIy8AH.thumb.jpg.62da1aeede7c5aC6GruBcWUAA00Oy.thumb.jpg.6b55e7eb02b0e2

Whether or not Christine and Elijah were starting shit or anything, Halsey mentioning how many followers she got from a parody put a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention her "not caring" but tweeting about it multiple times

Posted

Oh my god, that bing bong parody is so funny. Is she dead inside not to laugh at that, or is she annoyed it shows how vapid her music is? Because christine and elijah's version is entertaining as hell. Something Halsey has failed to do (for me anyway...). I prefer my pop stars to have thicker skin.

Think she would like this one?

Posted

I hope she actually has mental illness and isn't trying to be edgy and cool. :anime:

Posted

I hope she actually has mental illness and isn't trying to be edgy and cool. :anime:

she is bipolar, but still a boring generic edgy tumblr girl. Her whole look is 2013 grunge/nü goth and her album was a cheap rip off of Gerard Way's Danger Days comic series.

Posted

i've been harsh towards Halsey, I never heard her music really but i feel like her personality is kinda ugly? I don't care to listen because she's rude to her fans.

theres just too many incidences where she was way too rude to her fans. Of course, being in the position she and any other super star is, you'll get harassed by fans and I think it's natural to defend yourself in anger in the heat of the moment.

just a few days ago, iguess when she decided to go on tour, she seemed to have worked out good prices for her concerts (which is awesome and definitely admirable.) but VIP seats are like $450 each I think? A lot of people complained on social media.

I would be fucking angry too but the message she sent to one of her fans was just unnecessarily rude.

halsey-ticket-prices-1494244410.png

if that was my idol and I worshipped her and she reacted like this, I would be really upset, like almost too awkward to want to even see her live and meet her. idk, she should've made a public statement, not send an individual a fuming message, sayng that you don't give a fuck about her music and only want to get in a photo with her? so strange... 

it seems like she saw the message but didn't reply? correct me if i'm wrong but she should've at least replied maturely and forgive the person for making her feel disrespected. they were clearly a huge fan and didn't just want to take a photo with her... idk

she just put a bad taste in my mouth, maybe im wrong

Posted

Did Halsey forget that most of her fans don't have rich parents like she does?? I never liked her but this thread just made me dislike her more!! She sounds so fake... When I see the bands I like supporting her I just scream inside because she's a big fat fake. (not physically fat, you know what I mean)

Posted

Hate to put a damper on the party going on here, but I heard this wasn't actually Halsey and just an impersonator/look alike? The vid was floating around on Twitter and multiple people commented that this wasn't Halsey. 

Ive only listened to like, 2 of her songs before (Hold Me Down and Closer but I barely remember Closer) and I don't think her voice is actually that bad? Of course, I'm not a music expert, but Hold Me Down is a nice song and I listen to it regularly. 

Also, didn't she apologize for some of the thing she she said before? Not sure which part she's apologized for but there were screenshots. 

Posted

Hate to put a damper on the party going on here, but I heard this wasn't actually Halsey and just an impersonator/look alike? The vid was floating around on Twitter and multiple people commented that this wasn't Halsey. 

Ive only listened to like, 2 of her songs before (Hold Me Down and Closer but I barely remember Closer) and I don't think her voice is actually that bad? Of course, I'm not a music expert, but Hold Me Down is a nice song and I listen to it regularly. 

Also, didn't she apologize for some of the thing she she said before? Not sure which part she's apologized for but there were screenshots. 

Pretty sure that's Halsey, considering it looks exactly like her, sounds exactly like her, and there's even the same tattoo on her chest...

She doesn't sound terrible in her official songs but live she's usually pretty bad lol.

Posted

Sorry to bump a half-dead thread, but I have friends who are massive fans of Halsey so they made me listen to her new album.

As a lesbian, I'm really quite pissed off that her first song with her actually trying to represent wlw is such a negative one about a toxic relationship. And since I know most of her fans are young, I can only think of what the girls that know they're into girls but haven't been with any must be getting from this song.