• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

2791 posts in this topic

Posted

Most of my friends are obsessed with Halsey and I don't understand it, there's only one song I actually liked but the rest are just uninteresting to me and her voice sounds like those indie kids who try to sing good lmao

I wasn't sure she was this bad, but apparently she visits my area a lot and people freak out over it like, I don't personally understand the hype of it. Sure it can be cool to see famous people IRL, but idk if anyone has seen what happens when for examples one of the kardashians/jenners goes shopping, everyone just stares at them. I'd be so freaked out :alpacaworry: A nice lil hi and hey omg you're amazing i love you is fine tho

Posted

I never really liked her like that, i honestly only like 1 song by her, and that's gasoline. She's too generic for me kinda, she seems like a more boring, watered-down "pop" version of every other alternative artist...

Posted

her bloody lyrics sometimes just make no sense

her songs, i dont like it its not catchy and i hate most of the lyrics
 + her new album title is a shitty name

Posted

her bloody lyrics sometimes just make no sense

her songs, i dont like it its not catchy and i hate most of the lyrics
 + her new album title is a shitty name

IKR like how edgier can you get :alpacabored:

Posted

"hotel party equals bed"...? don't know what that means

Posted

"hotel party equals bed"...? don't know what that means

they're parties (usually thrown by high school kids, since they don't have their own place) in hotel / motel rooms. since someone is paying for a night, that means people can usually crash, I guess? (I've never experienced one, but some of my friends from smaller towns have told me about them)

Posted

It's so audacious to assume that just because parents support their child financially, that they are "spoiled" and therefore "supportive" parents.

Because abusers never have financially dependent victims, nope, never.

There's a lot more that could have went on behind the scenes and there is no logical basis for assuming how a person's homelife was like. 

Literally not a single person but Halsey knows this. 

Posted

Ugh, I like some of her stuff (even if it's generic and wannabe edgy) but that's all pretty messed up. Idk if she did lie about being homeless and all but her racists and problematic tweets are really gross. If she did change she could have apologized.

Posted (edited)

they're parties (usually thrown by high school kids, since they don't have their own place) in hotel / motel rooms. since someone is paying for a night, that means people can usually crash, I guess? (I've never experienced one, but some of my friends from smaller towns have told me about them)

yeah i get you.. I didn't read the exact interview but i think it was about substance abuse so maybe having to constantly be in those situations, it put her in a bad position? that makes sense. 

It's so audacious to assume that just because parents support their child financially, that they are "spoiled" and therefore "supportive" parents.

Because abusers never have financially dependent victims, nope, never.

There's a lot more that could have went on behind the scenes and there is no logical basis for assuming how a person's homelife was like. 

Literally not a single person but Halsey knows this. 

agree with the concept you're getting at and the connection you made between abuse and financial dependent is really intelligent. At first, I wasn't viewing it as that but when you put it that way, it makes way more sense and made me have a different perspective 

on the other hand, it's not audacious to think that, even if it's not true. from whatever experience they had, they saw something that made an impact on their subconscious thoughts and general ideas. i'd say ignorant is a better way to put it

Edited by Kittenpng

Posted

IMG_0208.thumb.PNG.9002440ef4bee20b4baa8

Posted

http://lipoils.tumblr.com/post/159647373575/happy-easter

Bringing you the best cover for your sensitive ears :doge:

that affectation she does on her voice is like, fascinating. like a mixture between a trilling bird and what morrissey said once about 'lock jawed pop stars'.

Posted (edited)

I was surprised about the song with taylor swift and harry styles

Edited by Luna_ghoul

Posted

Back when I was like 15 I liked her music, until I found out more about her, something just seemed off. To me I felt like she viewed herself as if she was the best and tried her hardest to be 'special' and 'different'.
She kind of fell of my radar but damn this is interesting to hear. 

Posted

I'm not surprised in the slightest. Since her abrupt popularity in 2014, I assumed this whole Halsey persona was fake. I didn't believe the lies for a second. It's just so blatant that most of it (if not all of it) was a lie. As for her music.. I appreciate the LGBTQIA+ representation. What I don't appreciate is her alleged racist viewpoints and using her sexuality and mental illness(es)to increase her popularity. I've never really been a fan of her music, and her voice is almost painful to listen to. It seems like she mostly markets herself towards the "edgy" tumblr-esque teenagers who are still trying to find themselves, and the teenagers who appreciate "aesthetic". She's obviously quite smart in marketing and in which ways to market herself to raise her popularity, as well as play with people's emotions as a means to gain support and sympathy as a result of her tragic, ahem, "past".