• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

4405 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"you better show me why this is the best place in the world to perform cuz right now you all look like a bunch of americans!!" 

here's the video clip

https://www.instagram.com/p/B60rBaAJQo0/

bbb1.jpg

giphy.gif

she's getting ZERO media coverage for this. millions of her fans on twitter defending her. just another thing she'll get away with again. 9_9

as someone who went to baydreams, (obviously not to watch halsey) her crowd was definitely not “mental” lmao. i didnt hear much about people going to baydreams specifically to see halsey and everyone i know who went to her show only went to it as a filler set between better acts so yeah YIKES

it’s actually so obnoxious to complain about the crowd like hun the crowd reacts to YOUR PERFOMANCE. be mediocre and you’ll receive a mediocre crowd O.o

Edited by piperrr
grammar bc i am dumb

Posted

Apparently she will have “emo pop-rock, 2000’s vibes” type of songs on her album, then why did she say Nightmare didn’t fit? Lmao girl

these descriptions sound boring as fuck

tropical 2015 vibes? Lmao

also check the lyrics from still learning and 929 is2g

Posted

her style is honestly atrocious. she’s pretty and has a nice body but she really picks all the wrong outfits. even in her daily life

Posted

This will be her weakest album yet. The entire album sounds boring af tbh lol

Posted

Apparently she will have “emo pop-rock, 2000’s vibes” type of songs on her album, then why did she say Nightmare didn’t fit? Lmao girl

she really hyped this up to be some super personal artistic album when all these lyrics sound like more generic versions of things that have already been written by other artists. comes across like she just took other people's ideas and wrote them in the style of a spoiled teenage girl's diary entries.

also these lyrics sound... familiar

Screenshot_(487)_LI.thumb.jpg.b6d66f24fdScreenshot_(488)_LI.thumb.jpg.64519885c9

lol but in all seriousness I thought still learning would be about how she's still learning how to be a better person but it's just her self pitying because her abusive ass can't hold down a boyfriend. i gave her too much credit.

why the hell is she in the songwriters hall of fame when her lyrics are so vapid, surface level, and recycled. they don't even sound good sonically. these lyrics sound like something a youtuber who suddenly decided to make music would write

Posted

why the hell is she in the songwriters hall of fame when her lyrics are so vapid, surface level, and recycled. they don't even sound good sonically. these lyrics sound like something a youtuber who suddenly decided to make music would write

she’s not in the songwriters hall of fame though, she received the hal david starlight award, which is just an award for young and new artists. the shof is reserved for actual legends with longevity and real impact and we know ashley won’t have any of that lmao

Posted

I'm personally wondering if Evan Peters is okay. He seems like he just needs to start therapy like, yesterday.

First Emma Roberts and then Halsey... what is he thinking.

he's going through the cycle all victims of abuse go through. in the beginning it's all honeymoon vibes. as time goes by it gets harder and harder for her to hide her true colors. 

evan is isolated and looks miserable. he's losing weight. you can tell he's not ok and needs therapy. 

new dailymail article about yesterday's pics. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7854761/Halsey-boyfriend-Evan-Peters-stroll-Gold-Coasts-Main-Beach.html

she really hyped this up to be some super personal artistic album when all these lyrics sound like more generic versions of things that have already been written by other artists. comes across like she just took other people's ideas and wrote them in the style of a spoiled teenage girl's diary entries.

also these lyrics sound... familiar

Screenshot_(487)_LI.thumb.jpg.b6d66f24fdScreenshot_(488)_LI.thumb.jpg.64519885c9

lol but in all seriousness I thought still learning would be about how she's still learning how to be a better person but it's just her self pitying because her abusive ass can't hold down a boyfriend. i gave her too much credit.

goodness! with all the ghostwriters she has can't they come up with better material? and she dared to attack britney and her music? what a joke. 

i hope this album will be the final nail for her career. she's a waste of stage time. there's women in music who are really talented. they deserve recognition and being on that stage. this one can go back to her real talent. lying about illnesses and tumblr. 

giphy.gif

Posted

she’s not in the songwriters hall of fame though, she received the hal david starlight award, which is just an award for young and new artists. the shof is reserved for actual legends with longevity and real impact and we know ashley won’t have any of that lmao

oh thank god bc she does not deserve recognition for her songwriting, honestly with her bad lyrics and bad vocals the only good part of some of her songs are her instrumentals but she's not involved in that at all, the credit for that goes to her music producers, they're honestly the ones halsey should be thanking for the little bit of success she's had

goodness! with all the ghostwriters she has can't they come up with better material? and she dared to attack britney and her music? what a joke. 

i hope this album will be the final nail for her career. she's a waste of stage time. there's women in music who are really talented. they deserve recognition and being on that stage. this one can go back to her real talent. lying about illnesses and tumblr. 

giphy.gif

the only times her lyrics are decent is when she has a bunch of other writers credited with much more than her. i wouldn't be surprised if this time she was more involved because this album was supposed to be more "personal" and that's why these lyrics are even more trash than usually.

i also really hope this is the album that kills her career. she said a while back that she was considering quitting soon, it's probably because even she and her label can tell she's starting to decline. she should quit before her numbers look even more embarrassing than they do now. and before she gets exposed. she's lucky it hasn't happened on such a major scale yet but if she keeps going she's gonna end up like camila and become widely hated both for her overexposure in the media and for the shitty things she's done in the past. tbh if she doesn't quit now her numbers will probably just continue to decline and her legacy will be "that girl who lied about her past for sympathy and kissed little kids."

Posted

Nightmare didn’t fit probably because she realized she has a hard time singing it live. Her vocals always sound super strained when she is singing it live. It’s one of those songs that sounds good on record but hard to replicate on the spot. I have noticed she’s been trying to belt more and modify her songs but we all know it’s going to catch up with her vocal cords. This album is a mess I can see why she’s preparing for it to flop. 

Posted (edited)

Nightmare didn’t fit probably because she realized she has a hard time singing it live. Her vocals always sound super strained when she is singing it live. It’s one of those songs that sounds good on record but hard to replicate on the spot. I have noticed she’s been trying to belt more and modify her songs but we all know it’s going to catch up with her vocal cords. This album is a mess I can see why she’s preparing for it to flop. 

Her label had it dropped too. They have the final and ultimate word on it. They wanted to replicate without me's success and thought dropping nightmare and releasing more singles would help but it didn't because nightmare managed to get great reviews despite not being a major hit like without me and did much better than her other singles. Her own label screwed her over. 

(by great reviews I mean journalists and critics were praising the message of the song, it could of been a slow climber on the charts. all her music is like that. none of them peak early. you still hear badland material playing on the radio 5 years later.)

Edited by Rosycheeks

Posted (edited)

Her label had it dropped too. They have the final and ultimate word on it. They wanted to replicate without me's success and thought dropping nightmare and releasing more singles would help but it didn't because nightmare managed to get great reviews despite not being a major hit like without me and did much better than her other singles. Her own label screwed her over. 

(by great reviews I mean journalists and critics were praising the message of the song, it could of been a slow climber on the charts. all her music is like that. none of them peak early. you still hear badland material playing on the radio 5 years later.)

i think they felt like compared to without me, nightmare was not as much of a hit. they're probably beating themselves up about it now because even though at the time nightmare seemed like a flop compared to without me, it actually did pretty decently compared to her current singles. nightmare peaked at 15 on the hot 100,

Screenshot_(456).thumb.png.e2fda7bbfcf6d

meanwhile her singles after that have been much lower or haven't made it on the chart at all. actually the only solo single since nightmare that has made it on the chart is graveyard and it just barely made it into the low end of the top 40 despite much heavier promotion. it's falling off now that she can't promote it as much.

Screenshot_(487).thumb.png.079ca32267a38

her decline is really starting to show.

she’s going from bad to worse. this is not what you’d expect from someone with a song as successful as without me, but as others mentioned before, without me’s success was a fluke. everything fell into place for without me, it’s a breakup pop ballad, it was released while halsey was getting peak radioplay bc of closer’s success, and most importantly her breakup with g eazy caused a ton of buzz around the release of the song. her one and only super successful song that wasn’t a collab wasn’t even successful because of the song itself, it was just perfect timing. it’s no wonder she was so mad she didn’t get a grammy nom for it, she must know she’ll never be able to recreate that again.

i’ll genuinely be surprised if this new album does well. none of her singles from it have stuck. the public’s losing interest in her and not even her own fans wanted an album like this. even the ones that try to be supportive seem disappointed it didn’t end up being some punk rock album. 

it’s gonna flop and ashley probably knows that. that’s why she’s leeching off people even more than usual. that’s why she released the collab with yoongi as a single even tho making an interlude a single is extremely unusual. that's why she's selling so many bundles. that's why she took as long as possible to release the album so she could accumulate as many pre-orders as possible. that’s why she talks about the album as if she’s not really gonna promote it very much because it’s “too personal.” the truth is she and her label can probably tell it’s gonna flop already and having heavy promotion and still failing is way more embarrassing than pretending she doesn’t care about the numbers.

i think that's also why she's been hinting at quitting music. she knows she’s only getting less and less relevant and probably that she’s overdue for getting cancelled like camila cabello is right now. that’s probably why she hasn’t really been on twitter since the #halseyisoverparty thing happened.

she should quit music. this is just my own opinion based on what i’ve observed but i genuinely don’t think ashley likes making music as much as she acts like she does. her songwriting is lazy and shallow, her music doesn’t sound distinct because she just follows trends or mimics other artists, and needless to say her singing technique is terrible. despite constantly talking about her music as if it’s her art she barely makes an effort to improve, and in some ways she’s gotten worse (like the increasingly unstable breath control on stage). she has all this time to say dumb shit on the internet, pick fights with teenagers on twitter, and go on her paparazzi outings but she has absolutely zero time to work on her supposed passion, music. i really do feel like ashley was just a big fan of other musicians and when the opportunity came to become one herself she took it just because she wanted to be closer to her celebrity crushes, or maybe because she idolized them so much she wanted to be like them.

i honestly feel like she would’ve been much more satisfied if she had just dedicated herself to the art thing instead. she’s not that good, she’s got the skill of like someone who took an art class or two in high school and then never improved past that. so not necessarily bad either, just not professional, but she had potential. she should just get it over with and quit the music thing and dedicate herself to art or something. although seeing as she's willing to steal people's work so easily i would kind of feel bad for the art community if she fully joined it. the good thing is the art community is big on calling people out so if she did just become an artist she wouldn't be able to get away with the bs she pulls now. she’s a bad person so I don’t really want her to succeed in art either, but I’d rather she just went off somewhere to made paintings instead of attacking everyone’s ears with her overplayed songs on the radio.

Edited by cwcwcw

Posted

i honestly feel like she would’ve been much more satisfied if she had just dedicated herself to the art thing instead. she’s not that good, she’s got the skill of like someone who took an art class or two in high school and then never improved past that. so not necessarily bad either, just not professional, but she had potential. she should just get it over with and quit the music thing and dedicate herself to art or something. although seeing as she's willing to steal people's work so easily i would kind of feel bad for the art community if she fully joined it. the good thing is the art community is big on calling people out so if she did just become an artist she wouldn't be able to get away with the bs she pulls now. she’s a bad person so I don’t really want her to succeed in art either, but I’d rather she just went off somewhere to made paintings instead of attacking everyone’s ears with her overplayed songs on the radio.

(I'm sorry that it's so long)

I agree. She is not a bad artist, I mean, look at her video of painting the album cover, her painting of Yungblud or that performance, it's really close to being really good. If she focused on improving her art she could be that good at art without an example, or copying someone. She knows how to do the lighting and shadows and how to work with colors. If she improved her proportions and added more details to her art, for example her album cover painting, I could see her becoming an almost pro.

And about the album flopping. She already released 4 singles and all of them flopped. Clementine could've been a hit I think, but she released it on a Sunday and that's not a good move, people like Lady Gaga or maybe even Melanie Martinez could get away with that, but not Halsey. I personally think Clementine is a good song and it had potential, but instead of properly promoting and releasing it, her and her management keep milking Graveyard and the interlude.

Also, I think I already mentioned it before and it ties in with the last paragraph, she doesn't have the fans to do the random things she does with her albums, like throwing 10 different genres in one album. She literally has the smallest and the least dedicated fanbase that I've seen, she has fans ofcourse but most of them just like her last two albums and kinda left the fandom, like myself. When you compare that to, for example Lady Gaga's fanbase,you'll see that she can do literally everything with her music, she's had every genre, pop, country and even jazz, and people listen to it. And also Melanie Martinez, she didn't release anything for 4 years but her music didn't really flop and that without any plays on the radio, without singles and with minimum promotion. That's because she has a really diehard fanbase. If Halsey continued her concept album thing and expanded the hfk and badlands universe, her old/current fans would stay and she'll slowly gather a dedicated fanbase. After a while she can do the random trash album thing, but not now. 

(does this make sense)

Posted

I feel like it's pretty obvious she's not her black dads bio kid. I know genetics are weird but nah lol She looks like her mom's twin and her brothers look like their dad's twins. I feel like it's a blended family. She's supposedly dutch and italian and I don't know what part her dad is supposed to be...a black italian man or a black dutch man? lmao Her brothers look mixed and she looks white af. She doesn't look like her brothers at all. I know genetics are weird but it's too weird for this to not be questioned and she lies so who knows. 

I know a ginger girl from school who's biracial but because she's ginger, so she doesn't look anything but white----BUT she does have black facial features so you can tell she's mixed because she doesn't look fully white despite being pale and ginger and freckled. Albino children who were born to two black parents also look black despite being albino which is a whole other race (technically). Anyways you can tell if someone is mixed from their facial features too---not only from skin tone. 

L0g.ic (rapper) is another white boy who has black mixed brothers and he's the only one who's blue eyed and blonde haired and people been talking about how he's not related to his brother's dad but uses him so he can pass as black and sell music in the rap genre and throw around the word nigga. His brothers all got different dads. I don't think any of them are more than half siblings. Anyways his home life a whole ass mess and people were lowkey exposing his lies way back when but all his fans are white boys in the suburbs who wanna throw around the nigga word to their friends, so his lies being exposed doesn't matter lol Very much like Halsey. 

I feel like from the way she talks to her parents in the past when she would bring them out on stage and shit, she openly disrespects her mom but doesn't do that to her dad and he doesn't seem like he parents her at all. Like it's some step parent dynamic. 

Anyways that bitch lies too much. There are too many lying ass celebrities. 

ok i know this post is a week old but i haven't been here in a while and i wanted to discuss this. halseys insistence on being perceived as "biracial" and "a black woman" is one of the things that annoys me the most about her. i genuinely don't believe she is any percent black at all and it doesn't seem like her father is biologically related to her. people use the excuse "oh she's only 25% black, obviously shes going to look mostly white" but she doesn't even look vaguely black at all. on the topic of logic, as cringeworthy as his non-stop talk about his race is i really dont think he's lying about being mixed. if you look at photos with him and his dad (who, like halseys supposed "dad" is mixed as well) you can see the resemblance, and logic at the very least looks slightly black. halsey on the other hand has no "black" features, she gets spray tans to darken her skin and even then she just looks like a tan white girl. if you look at pictures of her as a child she doesn't look biracial then either. i feel like more people should be calling her out on this because imo race is a completely unacceptable thing to lie about just to get people to take your activism more seriously. there's also the topic of whether shes lying about her sexuality but i feel like that's much harder to decide on considering you can't tell someones sexuality by looking at them, unlike race. there have also been claims of her hanging around with a racist white crowd and possibly also joining in on the racism herself in high school (i believe that was in the beginnings of this thread, i could be wrong though) and that just makes her lies even worse. either way she shouldn't consider herself helpful to the black community when i feel like she just makes it harder for actual black peoples struggles to be taken seriously. finally if i said anything wrong here please feel free to criticize/correct me, i feel like i mightve made some mistakes here but overall this is how i feel about the subject. 

Posted

ok i know this post is a week old but i haven't been here in a while and i wanted to discuss this. halseys insistence on being perceived as "biracial" and "a black woman" is one of the things that annoys me the most about her. i genuinely don't believe she is any percent black at all and it doesn't seem like her father is biologically related to her. people use the excuse "oh she's only 25% black, obviously shes going to look mostly white" but she doesn't even look vaguely black at all. on the topic of logic, as cringeworthy as his non-stop talk about his race is i really dont think he's lying about being mixed. if you look at photos with him and his dad (who, like halseys supposed "dad" is mixed as well) you can see the resemblance, and logic at the very least looks slightly black. halsey on the other hand has no "black" features, she gets spray tans to darken her skin and even then she just looks like a tan white girl. if you look at pictures of her as a child she doesn't look biracial then either. i feel like more people should be calling her out on this because imo race is a completely unacceptable thing to lie about just to get people to take your activism more seriously. there's also the topic of whether shes lying about her sexuality but i feel like that's much harder to decide on considering you can't tell someones sexuality by looking at them, unlike race. there have also been claims of her hanging around with a racist white crowd and possibly also joining in on the racism herself in high school (i believe that was in the beginnings of this thread, i could be wrong though) and that just makes her lies even worse. either way she shouldn't consider herself helpful to the black community when i feel like she just makes it harder for actual black peoples struggles to be taken seriously. finally if i said anything wrong here please feel free to criticize/correct me, i feel like i mightve made some mistakes here but overall this is how i feel about the subject. 

I definitely think that her father is her actually father, if you look at pictures of them together you can see the resemblance. I think her looking white is because she's 3/4 white so it's not hard to believe that she just ended up getting white-looking features. Although according to her, her nipples are brown which totally shows you that she's black 🤷🏻‍♀️.

family_1.thumb.jpg.8f23f3fd135c63179402d you can see some resemblance here 

Halsey-family-siblings-brothers-2.thumb. And in this photo she has more of a gummy smile like her father. You can see that her brothers don't look that black either. 

All this being said, I agree with the overall sentiment of your post. While there is nothing wrong with her identifying with her black side, she can never be a black woman because she doesn't look black. She doesn't experience life the same way a black woman would because when people look at her, they see a white woman and they treat her as such. When you hear her talk about her being black it further highlights how different her experience is. For example when she said she struggled knowing if she should listen to tic or Britney Spears. Not only is that a bit stereotyping, but black people were probably struggling with racism not such a frivolous choice. I'm not trying to erase her black identity or saying she didn't experience any race struggles, but it's a bit too much to put herself on the same level as black people/black-looking biracial people. 

Posted

She looks like her father. I think her nose job and fillers made her look like the average white girl but she looks more like him in her old pictures.