• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

788 posts in this topic

Posted

Saw Halsey on the BBMAS livestream, her dress is Trash. 

Posted (edited)

God that BBMA performance was... a disaster. Everyone is praising her for working hard. Okay, she (possibly) worked hard and she did a bad job. She was off beat, missing the dance moves, and went the wrong way twice. You can see Jin redirecting her. She was clumsy. But of course stan twit is blowing tons of smoke up her ass about how well she did🤩lmao a mess. BTS did a spectacular job though & it was nice to see a stage set up.

My friend told me Halsey was on the radio this morning saying, “I was up next to these guys who’ve been practicing since birth (not true) of course I’m gonna look bad.” Well... this is just an excuse. It hasn’t been that long since the MV was shot, she had known all this time this performance would happen and still did poorly. Also the dance is incredibly simple? And she only had to dance a small portion of it. Anyways you have tons of fans who learn Kpop dances really well, who have no professional background or training. It’s not this impossible otherworldly feat lmao. 

Edited by Batsy

Posted

God that BBMA performance was... a disaster. Everyone is praising her for working hard. Okay, she (possibly) worked hard and she did a bad job. She was off beat, missing the dance moves, and went the wrong way twice. You can see Jin redirecting her. She was clumsy. But of course stan twit is blowing tons of smoke up her ass about how well she did🤩lmao a mess. BTS did a spectacular job though & it was nice to see a stage set up.

My friend told me Halsey was on the radio this morning saying, “I was up next to these guys who’ve been practicing since birth (not true) of course I’m gonna look bad.” Well... this is just an excuse. It hasn’t been that long since the MV was shot, she had known all this time this performance would happen and still did poorly. Also the dance is incredibly simple? And she only had to dance a small portion of it. Anyways you have tons of fans who learn Kpop dances really well, who have no professional background or training. It’s not this impossible otherworldly feat lmao. 

idk if you dance but i can assure you having 2 months to rehearse versus having 6 months of practice is extremely different plus halsey doesnt have the 10+ years of dance training all of bts has she just doesnt 

also fans cant be used in comparison wtf theyre FANS generally they dont have working studio schedules and they have the time to learn choreography at their leisure and practice at any point

it makes sense that she would fuck up as much as she did its normal lmao 

i dont particularly care for halsey but jesus christ 

Posted

Damn she really befriended them like that lol. Of course she s best friends with the hottest/most selling group in America rn. Go for gold,i guess

Posted

She’s been on tour before. Performed in front of big audiences.  It couldn’t be nerves. I think she had enough time to prepare. BTS’ schedule is hectic as well and they were ready. 

Damn she really befriended them like that lol. Of course she s best friends with the hottest/most selling group in America rn. Go for gold,i guess

I accidentally rolled my eyes when I saw she gave them friendship bracelets. Lol, of course, she did. No doubt, you can become friends with people who speak different languages, there may be slight barriers but vibes don’t lie. And honestly... this reads fake and try hard. To me. 

Posted (edited)

idk if you dance but i can assure you having 2 months to rehearse versus having 6 months of practice is extremely different plus halsey doesnt have the 10+ years of dance training all of bts has she just doesnt 

also fans cant be used in comparison wtf theyre FANS generally they dont have working studio schedules and they have the time to learn choreography at their leisure and practice at any point

so she can dance in the video & suddenly can’t dance that small simple portion on stage? It was sloppy, period. Yes I guess it’s likely she doesn’t have as much “leisure” time to practice several seconds of a dance routine, but my point still stands about amateurs being able to learn dances. (You see dance covers like 30 seconds after that shit comes out lmao, but those are likely from pros) 

anyways no one was forcing her to dance, not for the video or the stage it was all her decision to do the dance, she said so in an interview. If you don’t care for Halsey why’re you even here, it’s a thread on a gossip forum & this is a review of her performance. You’re responding like it’s so unheard of to be disappointed in a musicians performance. 

Edit: also all the members of BTS don’t have 10+ years of dance training with the exception of jhope and Jimin. Jungkook started young too, but not 10 years ago. The rest of the members had to learn to dance during adulthood. 

Edited by Batsy

Posted (edited)

OT, im not a huge fan of her anymore but i really appreciate her for not changing her appearance completely with plastic surgery (or at least i dont think she has). not that there's anything wrong with it or that she needs it, but it's cool to see a celebrity that embraces their natural features, its really uncommon nowadays

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

She was clumsy. But of course stan twit is blowing tons of smoke up her ass about how well she did🤩lmao a mess. BTS did a spectacular job though & it was nice to see a stage set up.

This is what's so frustrating to me. I didn't really care about her (thought her music was meh at best but not terrible) but stan twt and the subreddit can't stop fawning over her like she's the second coming of pop jesus. I don't get it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm into bts so trying to keep up with their news and performances and interviews has become grating since halsey's in everything. Just waiting for it to be over and for her to fade out of the picture. 

The bracelet things feels fake and forced to me. Maybe not, but that's the vibe I got when in an interview she was like "I gave them bracelets so they wouldn't forget me!" 

Posted

so she can dance in the video & suddenly can’t dance that small simple portion on stage? It was sloppy, period. Yes I guess it’s likely she doesn’t have as much “leisure” time to practice several seconds of a dance routine, but my point still stands about amateurs being able to learn dances. (You see dance covers like 30 seconds after that shit comes out lmao, but those are likely from pros) 

anyways no one was forcing her to dance, not for the video or the stage it was all her decision to do the dance, she said so in an interview. If you don’t care for Halsey why’re you even here, it’s a thread on a gossip forum & this is a review of her performance. You’re responding like it’s so unheard of to be disappointed in a musicians performance. 

Edit: also all the members of BTS don’t have 10+ years of dance training with the exception of jhope and Jimin. Jungkook started young too, but not 10 years ago. The rest of the members had to learn to dance during adulthood. 

bro theyve been training since 2010 but go off ig

Posted

bro theyve been training since 2010 but go off ig

the 10+ years of dance training all of bts has she just doesnt“ 

they were all recruited at different times & once again, only jhope & Jimin's experience would be the only ones surmounting to 10+ years- I’m just responding to what you literally said sis & that’s still not 10+ years for majority of the members. 

Anyways that’s unimportant, fact of the matter is that Halsey couldn’t even walk right on stage & you’re out here justifying it😭😭 if that’s the hill you wanna die on then perish, I’m done discussing her bbma performance. We both agree she didn’t do a good job, there’s no reason to get pressed about the reasons on why.

If an artist gives a poor performance in front of the whole world it’s open to criticism. The fact that she even admitted she did a bad job while everyone was praising her reveals even she knew. 

Posted

did anyone see her other performance? cause that was shit too and that's literally her performance, the vocals are good but i doubt she sang live. 

Posted

I don't know if you dance but the portion Halsey danced was so short and simple you don't need 2 months to perfect it, 2 days is more than enough if you put your heart into it. I don't think it's "normal" for a professional performer to make so many mistakes for one short, simple dance even if you've never been trained before especially when the dance moves aren't complicated or difficult at all, and this is coming from someone who has never been trained in dancing too. It just looked like she didn't care tbh. 

Posted

I don't know if you dance but the portion Halsey danced was so short and simple you don't need 2 months to perfect it, 2 days is more than enough if you put your heart into it. I don't think it's "normal" for a professional performer to make so many mistakes for one short, simple dance even if you've never been trained before especially when the dance moves aren't complicated or difficult at all, and this is coming from someone who has never been trained in dancing tooIt just looked like she didn't care tbh. 

yeah, cause she got her 5 minutes of fame extended.   She got what she came for. “ BTS’  bestie”. 

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

I'm gonna play devil's advocate real quick, hear me out ya'll~ I think she's pushing the "friendship" stuff really hard so she doesn't have to be shipped with any of them, it's cheesy and seems fake but in my opinion it's a smart move. Armys are so territorial over their "soft uwu baby boys" so being wholesome, like them, wins over the fans and makes the band happy too. Bighit obviously doesn't want a dating scandal so yeah, I don't see it as her trying to get clout because she's already popular here-- her songs are always on the radio so its whatever. BTS obviously doesn't know any of this crap about her and they probably like a couple of her songs, which isn't a bad thing, but it's fair to assume they're excited to work with someone who likes their music too (she welcomed them at the bbmas when they attended the first time, so it's probably memorable for them no big deal tbh). 

Now, her voice is raspy and the dancing was bad. I don't know why she changed outfits and dodged her ONE line in korean, that was extremely easy. The short Dora haircut made her blend in with them and she really couldn't find the camera,,,,,,, like girl you've done this before. Like others have said, yeah BTS practices dancing, but she's been a pop star for a WHILE now. She should know how to find the camera, sing into the microphone, and wave her arms around. She's really lucky that the Army likes her and isn't ripping her to shreds or something, but whatever good for her she preformed mediocre at best and made from friends. 

This is a good point I hadn't considered, and I'm inclined to agree with you. But then I wonder if she was actually worried about being shipped with any of them, why she'd post pics of her wearing koya merch, her handshake with Namjoon, announcing he's her fave. She of course can and should be able to do these things without issue but if she's worried about shipping then it's an interesting choice to single Namjoon out as her member of choice on several occasions (instead of going the "they're all my friends! I can't choose!"route), since people have already begun shipping them. It was going to happen no matter what since Namjoon speaks English (and again, she can totally have a fave) but if she is using this greater strategy of pushing friendship so she's not being shipped with them, then....well, that's not working lol. It hasn't really turned sour or heated bc like you said ARMY likes her (and also she has a boyfriend rn??) but I'm still seeing it go around.