• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Kanadajin's visa status

165 posts in this topic

Posted

She's passed the JLPT N2 which is a very advanced test which high end job positions require you to pass to even be employed as a foreigner sometimes. I think there's an average of like 30-40% of people who pass the N2 in Japan. In July this past year it was 38.4% who passed the N2.

Certifications are more often than not absolutely meaningless. 

Posted (edited)

Although she doesn't need an education for citizenship, the fact that she is even able to apply proves the truth: Either she is married, or she is doing something illegal to remain located there for 5 years (since she doesn't qualify for residency). They don't require education for citizenship, no, but they require an actual, solid income which is more than waitressing, and her YT channel definitely doesn't count.

Even if that illegal thing is just her divorces, and somehow staying out on those visas after, I think that they would notice and not take kind to marriage fraud.

Edited by cruelolive

Posted

Although she doesn't need an education for citizenship, the fact that she is even able to apply proves the truth: Either she is married, or she is doing something illegal to remain located there for 5 years (since she doesn't qualify for residency).

Well it must be marriage, right? Because if she were in Japan illegally for any length of time it wouldn't count towards the 5 years I assume? Also, they must have a limit of how long you're allowed to reside outside of Japan (if she was there illegally it would be time counted "outside" of Japan) before the clock starts back at 0 again.

Posted

http://www.immigrationattorney.jp/index.php?Japanese Citizenship

Number 9says diploma.  Education does indeed matter. 

And I'm sure if you don't have it it isn't a big deal.  it's just part of the documents you're required to give, it's not a requirement for citizenship itself.  Example: Number 16 is Driving Record. What if you don't have your license where you're from like me?  You wouldn't have paperwork for a driving record because you don't drive. Number 8 is description of your business. Miranda doesn't own a business. So, it doesn't matter.

Certifications are more often than not absolutely meaningless. 

Hm, when you're trying to become a citizen in a country that looks at the JLPT as a very important test for foreigners who want to work in the country. Then it isn't "absolutely meaningless."  And guess what Miranda is, a foreigner. 

Posted (edited)

Found this recent conversation in the comment section of her video "KANADAJIN3 videos EXPOSED - 私の動画の秘密"

The last comment (second pic) is especially interesting. She gives the "name" of the elusive "Special VISA" as Teijuusha.

And I quote: "It is for people who are divorced, been here long time, have no way to get back to their own countries, people with children who go to school here, people with babies. Its a form of permanent residency, but you need to renew it"

If this VISA is an actual thing she really pulled off some sort of miracle because no way did she have a dire need to stay in Japan such as children or the inability to accustom herself to Canadian life due to being in Japan for years and years.visa02.thumb.png.5fbacaa166c1efa56447215

Very interesting .... visa01.thumb.png.9a584b6faff650653641a33

(Sorry the 1st comment at the top is actually the last in sequential order of the convo.)

http://www.ac.auone-net.jp/~lawyer/teijusha.html

Official description of the Teijuusha VISA 

“Long Term Resident” visa is granted for those who are authorized to reside in Japan with designated period of stay by the Minister of Justice taking each applicant’s special situation into consideration. Like other family related visa,this“Long Term Resident” allows you to engage in any kind of work just as Japanese usually do. However, visa extension is still required for this kind of visa holder.This point is quite different from “Permanent Resident” status.
So what is the said “special situation”? The consultation with our office regarding this kind of visa is mainly by those who fall under the following “special situation”.
1) Refugees
2) Descendants of Japanese national by blood
3) Divorced spouses who are caring their child with Japanese nationality
4) Parents and children of those “Permanent resident” status and “Spouse/Child of Japanese national”visa holder to live together in Japan
The types of “special situation” under “Long Term Resident” are not limited to the above example.There are other types of “special situation” stipulated in the official guideline made public by the Minister of Justice.

Well, it looks like it IS possible for MIRA to have gotten a "special situation" decision. I have no idea how she pulled that off tho.

Edited by momentomori

Posted

Like, I get people are like, "she's not going to get citizenship!" "There's no way she is going to!" But like, she applied, went over the paperwork and information with immigration and they accepted her paperwork and didn't say no or deny her. Give it time and see what happens without speculations she isn't going to get in or she's doing it illegally because if it is they will catch it. 

Posted (edited)

Very interesting .... visa01.thumb.png.9a584b6faff650653641a33

(Sorry the 1st comment at the top is actually the last in sequential order of the convo.)

lol didn't she literally accuse rachel of marrying jun for a visa in one of her sockpuppet accts

http://www.ac.auone-net.jp/~lawyer/teijusha.html

Official description of the Teijuusha VISA 

“Long Term Resident” visa is granted for those who are authorized to reside in Japan with designated period of stay by the Minister of Justice taking each applicant’s special situation into consideration. Like other family related visa,this“Long Term Resident” allows you to engage in any kind of work just as Japanese usually do. However, visa extension is still required for this kind of visa holder.This point is quite different from “Permanent Resident” status.
So what is the said “special situation”? The consultation with our office regarding this kind of visa is mainly by those who fall under the following “special situation”.
1) Refugees
2) Descendants of Japanese national by blood
3) Divorced spouses who are caring their child with Japanese nationality
4) Parents and children of those “Permanent resident” status and “Spouse/Child of Japanese national”visa holder to live together in Japan
The types of “special situation” under “Long Term Resident” are not limited to the above example.There are other types of “special situation” stipulated in the official guideline made public by the Minister of Justice.

Well, it looks like it IS possible for MIRA to have gotten a "special situation" decision. I have no idea how she pulled that off tho.

I guess she could have somehow convinced the government that she had a kid with visa-san #1? that seems like an incredibly difficult and dangerous game though

Edited by kotorism
added more stuff

Posted

Even if she does somehow achieve Japanese citizenship, it would only solidify her position as the Queen of Bad Weeaboo Decisions for so many reasons. I could understand wanting to become a Japanese citizen if you have a pretty stable career there, some family connections like a spouse or children, or heck, maybe Japanese language skills above the low intermediate level. But Mira doesn't have any of these (well, the spouse thing I'm not 100% sure about). She has two dead end jobs as a waitress and a YouTube vlogger, no stable family connections that we know of, and pretty poor Japanese language skills given the amount of time she's lived there. She's setting herself up for a life of misery at this rate. 

There's also the fact that Japan isn't really a fan of dual citizenship for its citizens, so Mira is going to have to give up her Canadian citizenship to "become Japanese." While Mira no doubt doesn't see this as a problem right now, I don't think it's an issue to take lightly. For one thing, if her unstable living situation in Japan went south tomorrow, she could easily buy a plane ticket to Canada and never look back. But if the same thing happened and she has Japanese citizenship, it wouldn't be so easy. And Mira has only lived there for around 5 years? I know people who have lived in Japan for longer than she has and went back home anyway, how is Mira so sure this is the place she wants to spend the rest of her life given her unstable lifestyle and living situation? 

And there's also the cultural issues. I know Mira said in her 4th video on racism that Japanese people have no problem accepting foreigners as one of their own, but that is just her own misguided delusion. Unlike Canada and the US, whose populations are mainly comprised of heterogeneous immigrants or descendants of immigrants, Japan is a racially and ethnically homogeneous country with thousands of years of traditions, lineage customs, etc. As a result, their society is renowned for being pretty exclusive when it comes to most foreigners. If Mira thinks she can just wave some papers around and tell everyone she's Japanese, she's just going to let herself be disappointed. 

TL;DR: Even if Mira gets Japanese citizenship, it would only be another terrible decision on her part. I'm sure in another 10-20 years Mira is just going to be another Ryan Boundless. 

Posted

She remarried. 

I don't know how many times we have to have this conversation; she is lying about being married. That is literally the only explanation of everything; someone coming home in her stream though she "lives alone", being able to afford semi-lavish stuff through waitressing "here and there" (picks her own hours, usually only works a few times a week) and youtube, and, with those two jobs, actually being able to rent an apartment. (Not a seishain and have no reliable income? Good luck..)

She did not get a "special visa" for getting divorced after being married for two months. And she doesn't have a kid(thank god).

Yes, she has "been in Japan for five years"; but she's been married for three, and that's all you need for citizenship. She will probably be accepted for citizenship and never talk about it again.

She's been in Japan for five years but,

- Working Holidays don't count

- Student visas don't count.

She said, and we have proof on this website, that after her married visa, she went to the language school on a student visa.

Not only does that restart her length of Japan after changing off of that visa, but once changing from marriage visa to a student visa, she wouldn't be given a "special" visa suddenly. She has changed her visa story too many times, and has gotten caught in lies, like many times before. 

But yes, if she has seriously applied, I am 99% sure she will get the citizenship. The only reason she wouldn't, is the Japanese government finding all this about her lying about her husband/visa. But even then, she could say she wanted to keep that private, and off the internet, and he didn't want to be mentioned. And that's fine.

Posted

Any place can accept paper work.  It doesn't mean they actually read it and went over it.  Just like when you apply for a job.  Sure, they will accept your application but that doesn't mean you've got the job. 

What makes being naturalized in Japan so difficult is the fact you must deny any and all other citizenships.  I know for Americans, you have to pay projected income taxes as your exit fee.  It's based off income so if you are rich, it could be hundreds of thousands of dollars. I don't know about Canada but I would presume it is the same. Personally, I think she won't get accepted because she has a sketchy history.  I also do believe she passed N2 when she knows almost no kanji.  I took N2 and that thing is riddle with kanji and kanji and more kanji.  Also, she just says she passed it but provides no proof of it bedsides showing a heavily photoshopped pic of the certificate.  But who knows, she may very well have passed N2 and may even surprise us with her citizenship.  I refuse to believe it till I see it. 

Posted

Any place can accept paper work.  It doesn't mean they actually read it and went over it.  Just like when you apply for a job.  Sure, they will accept your application but that doesn't mean you've got the job. 

What makes being naturalized in Japan so difficult is the fact you must deny any and all other citizenships.  I know for Americans, you have to pay projected income taxes as your exit fee.  It's based off income so if you are rich, it could be hundreds of thousands of dollars. I don't know about Canada but I would presume it is the same. Personally, I think she won't get accepted because she has a sketchy history.  I also do believe she passed N2 when she knows almost no kanji.  I took N2 and that thing is riddle with kanji and kanji and more kanji.  Also, she just says she passed it but provides no proof of it bedsides showing a heavily photoshopped pic of the certificate.  But who knows, she may very well have passed N2 and may even surprise us with her citizenship.  I refuse to believe it till I see it. 

It's a $100 fee

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0302ETOC.asp

Posted

Well it must be marriage, right? Because if she were in Japan illegally for any length of time it wouldn't count towards the 5 years I assume? Also, they must have a limit of how long you're allowed to reside outside of Japan (if she was there illegally it would be time counted "outside" of Japan) before the clock starts back at 0 again.

Yeah, it really must. The possibility of her being there illegally is her somehow getting away with it for now, which when they really inspect her they'd find out if that's the case. So it's marriage without a doubt.

Ironic, she accuses Rachel of marrying for a visa when she's the only one guilty of that here. 9_9

Posted

thank you for looking it up.  $100?! That's it? Dang, America is freakin greedy!!

actually, America's is only $2350 (previously $450)