Kanadajin's visa status

171 posts in this topic

Posted

im pretty sure shes lying about being japanese. she doesn't qualify. one of the requirements to obtain japanese citizenship is to have good mental health and no offense, but she seems a bit nuts. she can prove us all wrong by showing a japanese passport but she won't because she can't. 

its extremely hard to obtain japanese citizenship..its kinda funny seeing how badly she wants to be japanese. i feel sorry for her. 

Posted

So that's that.

visastats.png

Posted

Thoughts? Do you think she actually applied? Does anyone know the process of Japanese citizenship and can vouch for her comment of it "taking a year 'til accepted"?

Posted

Convenient, isn't it? She said she was going to get it in November but instead she only applied. Bending her timeline quite nicely.

Posted

Thoughts? Do you think she actually applied? Does anyone know the process of Japanese citizenship and can vouch for her comment of it "taking a year 'til accepted"?

I haven't applied but every website says it takes about 6 months to a year.

I do think she probably did apply but I don't believe she'll be accepted, just based off of the information she's given to the public alone.

Who knows though?  There are interviews you go on and paperwork that needs to be signed throughout the process so we'll what she mentions about it along the way. 

Posted (edited)

If she's accepted I'll know there's a HUGE flaw in the Japanese immigration system.

It sounds like she didn't even research the process; which would be one VERY obvious thing to do, for most people. She probably actually thought you get your paperwork in and it's instantly "accepted" not taking into account processing time. She amazes me more and more with her ignorance.

Edited by momentomori

Posted

If she's accepted I'll know there's a HUGE flaw in the Japanese immigration system.

It sounds like she didn't even research the process; which would be one VERY obvious thing to do, for most people. She probably actually thought you get your paperwork in and it's instantly "accepted" not taking into account processing time. She amazes me more and more with her ignorance.

Well, she's been working on the paperwork for months. She even went to them and they helped her through it. If she's accepted it isn't a flaw, they have a super high acceptance rate in the 90% and Japan itself is even looking to lower the time it takes to apply for citizenship. She knows she's wrong, she just won't ever admit she's wrong because she's probably been told by the people who are helping her with the process that she is. If she gets accepted it's because her paperwork is acceptable. That's the reason why.  

Posted (edited)

The only saving grace for her getting citizenship is because of "marriage". Without her fake marriage there's no way they'd accept her since she doesn't have an education nor skills. 

Unless she shows proof she got it, I will never believe she got it. I'm pretty sure if she gets rejected she'll lie and hide about it

Edited by Athena

Posted (edited)

Well, she's been working on the paperwork for months. She even went to them and they helped her through it. If she's accepted it isn't a flaw, they have a super high acceptance rate in the 90% and Japan itself is even looking to lower the time it takes to apply for citizenship. She knows she's wrong, she just won't ever admit she's wrong because she's probably been told by the people who are helping her with the process that she is. If she gets accepted it's because her paperwork is acceptable. That's the reason why.  

Wow you learn something new every day. Where did you find out all this information (I mean about Mira's case specifically)? Did she make a video about her paperwork process? I know for a lot of countries it's quite difficult to gain citizenship w/o being married and/or speaking the language at a near fluent level (interview/test scores/etc.) and I may not speak Japanese but from what I gather she isn't that advanced? Maybe it's not checked that strenuously though?

Even though I have no warm feelings towards MIRA I do hope if she gives up her Canadian citizenship she doesn't regret it later. I wouldn't even wish that on her. I feel like she likes the superficial Japan but doesn't really know the deeper aspects of the culture.

The only saving grace for her getting citizenship is because of "marriage". Without her fake marriage there's no way they'd accept her since she doesn't have an education nor skills. 

Unless she shows proof she got it, I will never believe she got it. I'm pretty sure if she gets rejected she'll lie and hide about it

I also have no idea how she figured out how to get past immigration and work w/o a University degree. (or a high school diploma!) ... AFTER her divorce of course. Shows she's quite manipulative in any case.

Edited by momentomori

Posted

Wow you learn something new every day. Where did you find out all this information (I mean about Mira's case specifically)? Did she make a video about her paperwork process? I know for a lot of countries it's quite difficult to gain citizenship w/o being married and/or speaking the language at a near fluent level (interview/test scores/etc.) and I may not speak Japanese but from what I gather she isn't that advanced? Maybe it's not checked that strenuously though?

Even though I have no warm feelings towards MIRA I do hope if she gives up her Canadian citizenship she doesn't regret it later. I wouldn't even wish that on her. I feel like she likes the superficial Japan but doesn't really know the deeper aspects of the culture.

When her and I spoke on twitter she told me she had been talking to immigration people for months and showed me a bunch of pictures of her paperwork which are screenshot'ed and she talks about the pictures as well and you can find them on one of the topics that I put up. I could go through the messages and look again if you want me to.  And, you don't need to be married to be a citizen in Japan it'd be an added bonus but you just live there for five years, no issues with the law, make enough money to support yourself, and be able to speak basic Japanese. She's passed the JLPT N2 which is a very advanced test which high end job positions require you to pass to even be employed as a foreigner sometimes. I think there's an average of like 30-40% of people who pass the N2 in Japan. In July this past year it was 38.4% who passed the N2. Trust me, if she gets in it's because she's qualified from the paperwork not because she herself is qualified. 

If she didn't have a job, if she didn't go to a language school and she didn't have basic knowledge of the language they might have denied her but that's not the case.

Posted

That makes more sense then. It's not like they can run a morality test on everyone applying for citizenship after all.

Thanks for your reply @Pearl. Very interesting things to note.

I am just confused as to how people are saying her Japanese is absolutely horrid; - like "barely understandable", yet she's passed the second hardest language exam in Japan. I understand the concept of "studying for a test" without having much "real-world" ability but it must still be somewhat developed in order to pull that off. Or is she actually a lot better than people are saying?

Hmmm.

Posted

That makes more sense then. It's not like they can run a morality test on everyone applying for citizenship after all.

Thanks for your reply @Pearl. Very interesting things to note.

I am just confused as to how people are saying her Japanese is absolutely horrid; - like "barely understandable", yet she's passed the second hardest language exam in Japan. I understand the concept of "studying for a test" without having much "real-world" ability but it must still be somewhat developed in order to pull that off. Or is she actually a lot better than people are saying?

Hmmm.

I've always equated her Japanese level to someone who knows basic Japanese like hiragana/katakana/basic kanji but got pushed into an advanced language school. An example would be someone who came over from Japan to America, and got put into Advanced placement English courses barely speaking any English. So Her Japanese is basic with advanced Japanese. Language schools purpose are to prepare for the JLPT N2 or N1. So she went to her classes learning Japanese for the N2 and N1, not Japanese for beginners which is what she was. 

You can tell this because a lot of the errors she makes are very basic, and she writes like a Japanese student who is just learning would write and uses a lot of vulgar terms and impolite grammar. Her Japanese speaking wise is also similar to someone who took courses in Japanese and makes no effort to speak Japanese with other people and can't seem to understand flow of the language either. Her desire is to fit in with the country, to be Japanese so she forces her accent to sound "Japanese" and forces people to believe she is "Japanese." If she properly learned the language, not go from Basic Japanese to JLPT N2 Japanese back to Elementary school grade 1 Japanese, her Japanese would be much better.  

And I know she's doing this because when I started studying Japanese I tried using advanced material to study instead of things at my level so I knew how to say very odd advanced vocabulary in Japanese  but I might not remember how to say something simple like flashlight.

But Miranda was studying JLPT N2 and N1 material after living in Japan for less than two years at basic Japanese skills. She even made a video about how she had stopped studying for about six months or so and learned a lot of Japanese just living in the country which will in fact happen but her knowledge of Japanese and her actual skill in the language aren't the same.  She studied Japanese in order to pass the N2. That's what her Japanese is. A woman who studied Japanese simply to pass a test and so her Japanese is very broken and beginner-esque. She crammed a few years of learning into a few months in school, complained about the school and forgot a lot of what she crammed in. 

Posted

Also, you can cram through the N2 and it's MCQ. A lot comes down to second guessing. A lot of Chinese people get the N2 thanks to the Kanji,and a lot of Korean people get the N2 thanks to the similar grammar. But when you talk to them, you realize their Japanese isn't THAT good (it doesn't mean they can't speak it though). But even within Western people, a lot learn by heart everything for the test, pass it, but if you talk to them... You can have a casual conversation but that's it. Having the N2 just means that you should be able to speak more or less Japanese in a professionnal environnement but not that it is that good.

Posted (edited)

When her and I spoke on twitter she told me she had been talking to immigration people for months and showed me a bunch of pictures of her paperwork which are screenshot'ed and she talks about the pictures as well and you can find them on one of the topics that I put up. I could go through the messages and look again if you want me to.  And, you don't need to be married to be a citizen in Japan it'd be an added bonus but you just live there for five years, no issues with the law, make enough money to support yourself, and be able to speak basic Japanese. She's passed the JLPT N2 which is a very advanced test which high end job positions require you to pass to even be employed as a foreigner sometimes. I think there's an average of like 30-40% of people who pass the N2 in Japan. In July this past year it was 38.4% who passed the N2. Trust me, if she gets in it's because she's qualified from the paperwork not because she herself is qualified. 
If she didn't have a job, if she didn't go to a language school and she didn't have basic knowledge of the language they might have denied her but that's not the case.

So basically without her marriage, her chances would be hella low right? Her only main source of income is YouTube, and I doubt the Japanese government would grant citizenship for that to someone who never graduated high school. She's too much of a high risk. She's already been divorced, so the possibility she can divorce again has be in the back of their heads when deciding. I wouldn't be surprised if they reject her. 

Who knows what'll happen, I've heard it's really hard to get citizenship from some people and some say it's easy :shrugs:

Edited by Athena

Posted

So basically without her marriage, her chances would be hella low right? Her only main source of income is YouTube, and I doubt the Japanese government would grant citizenship for that to someone who never graduated high school. She's too much of a high risk. She's already been divorced, so the possibility she can divorce again has be in the back of their heads when deciding. I wouldn't be surprised if they reject her. 

Who knows what'll happen, I've heard it's really hard to get citizenship from some people and some say it's easy :shrugs:

It's not low. She has a job, she has money to support herself, she owns a place of residency, she speaks the language well enough to survive if she becomes a citizen, no criminal record that we know of, I don't know if psychological evaluation is necessary for citizenship or naturalization but it'd be easy to avoid or get around if it was.

Honestly, there is absolutely no reason why she WOULDN'T get accepted. Education has nothing to do with citizenship. They accept anyone over the age of 20, or students with parental permission to apply. A High school degree isn't a requirement to my knowledge and it'd be silly if it was. Japantimes reported in 2011, that in 2010, 13,072 people were recognized as naturalized citizens and 234 were rejected. Like I said, it's VERY rare to be rejected. It's just a very long and tedious process because of invasive information they need you to track down and obtain.