Kanadajin's visa status

172 posts in this topic

Posted

Has this been brought up before?? If not, what if Miranda is staying on this visa? I mean her restaurant job might be an illegal one.

http://www.japanvisa.com/visas/japan-cultural-activities-visa

She's not studying anything, let alone culture, etc, and she also has paid work as a waitress

Posted

She's not studying anything, let alone culture, etc, and she also has paid work as a waitress

that's what she says but we don't have any proof supporting that, do we?

Posted

If she's rejected she can still stay on her marriage visa

This is disappointing to be honest. I'm actually in the works of getting a Cuban citizenship and I still have no idea whats going on. Visa/citizenship process is always so difficult and confusing. Thanks for the answer. 

Posted

Shouldn't something have changed by now? Didn't she tweet about the beginning of November? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

Shouldn't something have changed by now? Didn't she tweet about the beginning of November? :alpacaconfused:

also curious

Posted

It took me almost 4 years to get the citizenship of the country I currently live in. Almost 4 years since I sent the demand, of course. I've been living here for much longer. 

Citizenships can take a lot of time. Some receive it after only a couple of months and others have to wait years and years without getting any response. 

Posted

It took me almost 4 years to get the citizenship of the country I currently live in. Almost 4 years since I sent the demand, of course. I've been living here for much longer. 

Citizenships can take a lot of time. Some receive it after only a couple of months and others have to wait years and years without getting any response. 

Japan is like 6 months to a year at max after you do paperwork. It depends how much you have prepared already before you apply for it and she had been working on the paperwork and getting things together for months for it. I don't think she's worked that hard for anything in her life before tbh.

Posted

According to immigration sites one of the paper works required is a diploma. Lol

Posted (edited)

The Becoming Japanese website updated their blog about Naturalisation Interview, in case anyone wants to read and get an idea of what foreigners and umm....Miranda have to go through.

http://www.turning-japanese.info/2016/11/interview.html?m=1

Edited by pinkroses

Posted

Just got off the phone. most important phone call. Was shaking whole time. And now I can hardly breath. Sweating. I made the appointment 🇯🇵

Posted

Just got off the phone. most important phone call. Was shaking whole time. And now I can hardly breath. Sweating. I made the appointment 🇯🇵

I thought she would finally become Japanese? LMAO Now it's suddenly another "year or more".

aaa3.jpg

Posted

The Becoming Japanese website updated their blog about Naturalisation Interview, in case anyone wants to read and get an idea of what foreigners and umm....Miranda have to go through.

http://www.turning-japanese.info/2016/11/interview.html?m=1

Mira's case appears entirely different. Her desire to become a citizen is entirely motivated by selfish delusions. 

Posted

Mira's case appears entirely different. Her desire to become a citizen is entirely motivated by selfish delusions. 

She would still have to go through the naturalization interview just like him...same process of applying and same application form. Of course, their case is different and most likely different set of questions they will ask her, maybe about her previous marriage and her early divorce. Hopefully, if her case worker is smart enough then just maybe it might raise some red flags to them.

Posted

I thought she would finally become Japanese? LMAO Now it's suddenly another "year or more".

aaa3.jpg

She's genuis.

Since the process is only about 6-8 months, if she's approved she'll say "lol look how fast I became Japanese" and if she's denied then then she'll drag it out like "lol haven't heard anything yet, takes like a year or something".

It's like watching a disaster movie but they split the movie into parts and now we're waiting for the conclusion.