• Announcements

• Artists Wanted! (New Banner!!)   01/08/17

Hi everyone! With the new year, we want to continue to make some changes to the site. Firstly, we'd like to make a new banner! Artists who are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me with some samples of your work.  Thanks so much!

Kanadajin's visa status

164 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Interesting.  "I simply state that the language I speak at home is Japanese".  But you claim to live alone Miranda.  To whom would you be talking to at home?

Nice catch. :haiplz:

Edit: Nvm, I made a post in the summary thread.

Edited by Ms.lrk

Posted

Is there any update on this? As in, was she approved? 

Posted

Is there any update on this? As in, was she approved? 

not yet. Its barely gonna be November, we should know before December rolls around.

Posted

not yet. Its barely gonna be November, we should know before December rolls around.

Not even December, it takes six months + for the process and I know she's gotten a large portion of it put together paper work wise but it takes months. 

Posted

Not even December, it takes six months + for the process and I know she's gotten a large portion of it put together paper work wise but it takes months. 

I've seen some people comment that she probably wont be accepted simply because of this site. I wonder if that'll be the case. When I look her up, theres her actual channel and then the rest is drama. I wonder if they really do dig up stuff about you on the internet- especially since her job is on the internet. Would Japan really not let her in for something like this? 

Posted

Unless she shows proof she has permanent residence, I won't believe her lol

There's a good chance she'll be rejected and I'm sure she'll lie about it if she does get rejected since she's been bragging for so long on twitter that she's finally get it

Posted

Unless she shows proof she has permanent residence, I won't believe her lol

There's a good chance she'll be rejected and I'm sure she'll lie about it if she does get rejected since she's been bragging for so long on twitter that she's finally get it

Hmm....So we may never know. Pardon me, but I don't know how this works....

Will she be sent back to her home country if she is rejected or can she stay on visa? I'm sure someone will be able to dig up the truth if she is sent home. 

Posted

Hmm....So we may never know. Pardon me, but I don't know how this works....

Will she be sent back to her home country if she is rejected or can she stay on visa? I'm sure someone will be able to dig up the truth if she is sent home. 

If she's rejected she can still stay on her marriage visa

Posted (edited)

I'm not really sure if they're going to do some type of google search to see what pops up, but even if they found PULL, I don't think they'll sit down and read through the pages since there's well over 100 pages collectively now and half of it is just criticisms and speculations. 

But I'm curious what happens too if she's rejected.

We've established that there's roughly a 90% chance that she's married, so if she's rejected would she still be able to stay because she's married? She's shown little to no interest on going back to school, so no student visa. Unless they allow youtube to sponsor her, she's not at a workplace that would sponsor her, no working visa. She's not a special exception (even though she acts like one), so there shouldn't be a special visa.

So would she just stay on long term residency, or have to leave the country then come back to extend her visa?

Edited by Axlotl

Posted

Youtube doesn't do sponsorships, as far as I know.
But yes, I don't think anything will happen if she gets rejected – which I think is a high possibility. She doesn't contribute anything to the country, doesn't have a child, isn't financially anywhere near supporting herself. Ok, her husband is, but she already got divorced once. Shouldn't this already smell fishy? Maybe they'll tell her to wait 5 more years, like she's on a spouse visa, she is 'safe' to stay, why would she need more atm?

Isn't there also an oral interview involved? I could be wrong but that would def. be a reason to reject her.

Posted

Even if YouTube did sponsorships, she's nowhere near being big enough for them to even bother looking at her case. The guys YouTube really cares about make more in one day than she does in 2 months. 

Posted

I'm not really sure if they're going to do some type of google search to see what pops up, but even if they found PULL, I don't think they'll sit down and read through the pages since there's well over 100 pages collectively now and half of it is just criticisms and speculations. 

But I'm curious what happens too if she's rejected.

We've established that there's roughly a 90% chance that she's married, so if she's rejected would she still be able to stay because she's married? She's shown little to no interest on going back to school, so no student visa. Unless they allow youtube to sponsor her, she's not at a workplace that would sponsor her, no working visa. She's not a special exception (even though she acts like one), so there shouldn't be a special visa.

So would she just stay on long term residency, or have to leave the country then come back to extend her visa?

Unless she did something super bad, the chance of being rejected is like under 1%. I have no belief she'd get denied from citizenship.  

Posted

Unless she did something super bad, the chance of being rejected is like under 1%. I have no belief she'd get denied from citizenship.  

Of course this is all said with a big "IF" . But really all of the stuff she's done to herself and other people is all done online and aside from the drama, doesn't hardly hold much real world consequences. Given her outside personality, she'd probably have little trouble with getting citizenship realistically. I was just curious of what would happen if* she did get denied.

Posted

She should be denied on based on her belief she is ethnically Japanese. For someone so obsessed she should at least be able to learn to speak the language properly and not make videos with wrong information about Japanese history.

I wish the decision would be based on an interview, I want her to tell them that they're wrong about their native country and she knows best. The shame.

Posted

I think there is a 50/50 chance of her actually getting citizenship. 

I don't know if they look up applicants online. But if she mentions that she does YouTube, they might.

I'd also imagine that if she's actually married and immigration comes across a video of her saying she's single that it'll be a big red flag for her. 

And unless she's done anything illegal, all that will happen if she gets rejected is them making sure her current visa is valid and tell her to apply again whenever she meets the requirements.