Kanadajin's visa status

172 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I right to doubt the validity of her claims that she was denied citizenship because of her employment status? She insists that the date she quit her job, is the exact date on the denial...but it seems odd to me that this would be the actual reason she were denied citizenship. For starters, she only got the job for a video, or so she claimed in that video. Apparently she wanted to show how easy it was to find a job in Japan, and so she applied for several, ended up accepting the one, but said she didn't need a job so wouldn't be keeping it...then she kept it. It feels like there are a lot of legitimate reasons for denying her citizenship, with employment history being a part of the story, but not the whole story. She got into the country via marriage, seems to have stayed (not that I know how), and now she's finally admitting she doesn't have citizenship...so if she does stay, how is she staying?

There are white lies, and there is pathological lying. She's become pathological, and even scarier, she seems to believe her own lies at this point. I watch a lot of vlogs by people who travel extensively, or live abroad because I can't travel myself until I'm healthier. At most, she can be amusing because of her ridiculousness...but I try not to watch entire ads because I don't want to give someone as twisted as she is any ad revenue. 

Posted

You are correct to doubt her claim concerning denied citizenship. I made the following comment (that was quickly deleted):

Very interesting story! The problem with this story is that the details of the case cannot be confirmed or corroborated by anyone: because most commenters here have not applied for naturalization in Japan (and probably no other person here has experienced becoming unemployed during the application process), they have no choice but to accept her version of this story…except for me.

I lost my one and only job (and only source of income) after filing the application (and going to the interview), and this fact was found out by my caseworker at the Ministry of Justice. However, I found a new position a month later and my application was approved with no problems later the same year. Therefore, the statement that loss of employment during the application process was the ONLY reason why her application was rejected is highly suspect.

When it comes to the process to become a naturalized Japanese citizen, most commenters here can be fooled, but I cannot be. 

Posted

Why would you want to experience being denied citenzenship and be happy about it...?
Why did she quit her job?

And who is 'we' (she said: we were waiting for it)

Posted

Why would you want to experience being denied citenzenship and be happy about it...?

And who is 'we' (she said: we were waiting for it)

Miranda and all Pull members. xD

Posted (edited)

I think she's trying to look at the bright side. I'm pretty sure she was extremely upset about it at first.

She claims it was because someone called her work, thus proving that they know where she works. She's supposedly terrified of stalkers and so said she 'had to quit' because it was too dangerous. She gave no information about who they talked to or what they said. She made a video about it, but the youtube is gone, and so are some vidme backups, so not sure if it's still around anywhere, I didn't look that much.

This happened right after a poster here made some very general comments about the restaurant she worked at having seen her there, and it was apparently enough for someone to put together the final pieces of information they already had and find the location. (probably someone from 2ch, they seem to have it out for her and may actually live in Japan..)

I didn't think anything the poster said was particularly useful for this purpose, but nonetheless they had their posts deleted, and the user may even have been banned, not sure. It's possible that I didn't see some of the more damning posts they made before they were deleted. Here is some info from that time period.

In the months that followed Mira mentioned something in a post about having to go to 'work', implying that she either got another job, or did not actually quit the restaurant job. The latter case of course conflicts with her stated reason for citizenship denial.

Of course we don't know anything for sure. The details that come from Mira are especially shaky because she has so little credibility.

Edited by Labyrinth
Had to fix a screwy sentence.

Posted (edited)

Well if she had to quit the job because of some stalkers it should have been no issue for her to find a new one, as it is so easy to find one according to her. 

Also as her Visa is probably not dependent on her work status, judging from the work she does, it was not mandatory for her to inform the immigration office of her quitting her job, I think. Unless it is mandatory during the application process, which I am not sure about.

I think they just considered her whole income situation unstable, with being a Youtuber with a side-job. Also her divorce and possible re-marriage might not really give a good impression. Also the fact that she worked as hostess in the past.  

And that is not even considering how she might have behaved during the interview. xD

Edit: I just read her FB post again and realized she mentions getting paid daily. I have not worked as Baito in japan before, but it seems unlikely, that you would get paid daily for regular waitress job. Can anyone confirm that?

Edited by ebimayo