• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Instagram Cosplayers?

88 posts in this topic

Posted

At this point I feel like it's redundant to constantly be making multiple new threads about individual IG cosplayers if they haven't done anything massively terrible (excluding people like AhriPop and ones alike) so I was wondering if we can just have a general thread about IG cosplayers whether they be annoying or interesting. unfortunately, i have yet to find a non-annoying ig cosplayer as they all seem to act the same (ex: begging for sponsorships/spamming promoter searches, using their followers for stuff (even though only 1/18th of their following is active, the constant lying, mediocre cosplaying, bullying other ig cosplayers, spreading false info, etc..) unless they're ones that come from tumblr like Anzujaamu and what not. 

I do wanna bring two on the table though

funtom cosplay

https://instagram.com/funtomcosplay/

She's 16 years old. Flashes her boobs everywhere. No interesting cosplay, but they did have a thread on 1.0 for basically being annoying and possibly lying about some stuff and the fact that they just seemed to attention seek and not in a good way. 

But what made me wanna bring them back is this god awful disgusting post (under spoiler bc it's pretty long pointless rant)

if you don't know who BOTDF are, they're a "band" and the epitome of snowflakes in the "scene" scene (ha). They even had a thread on 1.0 but obviously it died because there wasn't much to go on other than they're disgusting pieces of shit, mainly Dahvie Vanity. More info in the spoiler for those who don't know:

He has a history of talking and doing inappropriate stuff with minors (this has been proven) and rumors of rape - and no, i'm NOT talking about the Jessi Slaughter but I will also add that BOTDF did bully, send their followers after, make a parody song AND a parody video about Jessi Slaughter when she was only 11-12 for a false rape rumor no one even believed in. Mind you, these guys were in their mid twenties (and now in their thirties). This is neither the first or last time Dahvie has severely bullied kids. He's also harassed, sexually harassed, and assaulted Ash Costello of New Years Day and has a video of him about to "have sex" with a clearly intoxicated (possibly 20 year old) woman - which is considered rape. Many artists, including Jeffree Star who was/is friends with them, had came out and said Dahvie had relations with teens (J. Star later retracted his statement though for the sake of keeping fans and money)

So if you know about BOTDF, you can see how disgusting and cringeworthy the post was for defending Dahvie and BOTDF in general. She starts off by saying he DIDN'T rape anyone yet but we should forgive him for raping people because "people make mistakes, other celebrities molest children and everyone forgives them in a day, but just because BOTDF has a unique appearance and has questionable lyrics they give them shit and don't look past their mistakes"?????? lol ok gross sure

Oh yeah also a word of caution when scrolling through their ig because they have a completely topless photo w/ pasties on 

Another IG cosplayer that I came across a few minutes before making this thread. Nothing seems interesting about them, other than their god awful boob shoop which i thought was hilarious 

https://instagram.com/jillstyler_cosplay/

their actual boobs from the same side angle

Posted

Oh good heavens I remember that funtomcosplay chick from instagram. I stumbled upon her on instagram some time before the summer and god she posts a lot of stuff not even related to cosplay. Nowadays it's mostly selfies with captions with her complaining about her life and whatnot. She also posted a bunch of photos with self harm and plenty of cleavage, but has since deleted (most of) them. She also smokes. And drinks. And like Purin mentioned, she's sixteen. 

I have to rub my temples every time I give her any thought.:alpacadone:

Posted

About Jill cosplay: just NO. Brain bleach please. I hate it when people cosplay characters they do not resemble even slightly. 

16? Wow, surprising.

Posted

I hate it when people cosplay characters they do not resemble even slightly. 

you must be a joy at conventions if you go to them. 

Nowadays it's mostly selfies with captions with her complaining about her life and whatnot. She also posted a bunch of photos with self harm and plenty of cleavage, but has since deleted (most of) them.

yeah the self harm photos are gone but not the cleavage ones. in fact, as i mentioned in the main post, she went so far as to post a couple of topless photos w/ just pasties on. cleavage is one thing but actual nudity is another. 

Posted

^Once did, never again. And seriously, dressing up to go to a convention for fun is something else entirely than ..this. If you're gonna take cosplay seriously enough to... put it in your freaking nickname, at least look the part. To be perfectly honest, this disturbs me a bit too much :darth:

I dont have anything against joking around with friends dressing up and all but .. zero resemblance to the character + overly tacky shoop? No thanks.:Alpacamad:

Posted (edited)

^Once did, never again. And seriously, dressing up to go to a convention for fun is something else entirely than ..this. If you're gonna take cosplay seriously enough to... put it in your freaking nickname, at least look the part. To be perfectly honest, this disturbs me a bit too much :darth:

I dont have anything against joking around with friends dressing up and all but .. zero resemblance to the character + overly tacky shoop? No thanks.:Alpacamad:

I dont  think you have to look like them persay to be a good cosplayer. She did a good job as Samus and Jill. You can clearly tell who she was going for lol I think you're just being anal for no reason.

Edited by Sodapop

Posted (edited)

I dont  think you have to look like them persay to be a good cosplayer. She did a good job as Samus and Jill. You can clearly tell who she was going for lol I think you're just being anal for no reason.

She's wearing the trademark clothes, OF COURSE we can tell who she's going for. Then all that's required is clothes of the character to be a good cosplayer? 

ps. I dont know who Samus is, I cant speak for that one, I'm just speaking about Jill cosplay- which is plain awful. And NOT just she doesnt look like her- her POSE is terrible. If she posed well, with decent shoop, it could be salvaged but my main irritation became increasingly related to her pose.:amgplz:

I know no ones gonna look exactly like a character, but SOME resemblance would be nice.:notimp:

ps. I'm anal for good reasons and then some:harharplz:

Edited by madonnawhore

Posted (edited)

Edited by KanekiCakes

Posted (edited)

^Riiiiight. So this forum is not based on jugding people? Could have me fooled. :hmm:

And, just playing dressing up is different than what she's doing, if you're gonna attempt to be popular with this, you're gonna have to DO A FUCKING BETTER JOB THAN THAT. 

About coloring? You can always put makeup on. If you're going to be serious about this like she is, that is. Having fun with friends is different than making it a "thing" like she does. what she's doing is kind of like playing piano as an amateur but demanding an audience in Royal Albert Hall.

I can say whatever I want, if you're putting yourself on internet to be judged, you ARE gonna be judged. I thought people here knew this better than everyone. :Alpacamad::Alpacamad::Alpacamad:

Edited by madonnawhore

Posted

Soooo you're basically telling her to white wash herself just because she doesn't look like the character. that just makes it seem like someone not looking like the character because of their skin color isn't your issue... lmfao

also about funtom cosplay, she never claimed to want to be professional (putting "cosplay" in your ig name is considered "taking it seriously" to you?? lmfao ok), and actually changed her instagram - it seems like she's straying away from cosplay 

In short: you need to chill. go drink some tea. 

Posted

We are talking about THIS specific cosplayer. Stop making it into  a personal attack on you.

making it an instaccount out of it?yeah, it does. how more seriously can you take cosplay? Well, good on her if she quit. 

(this is a general statement btw, to the guys who's being pissy about what I said) Stop being touchy, this site is made for what I'm doing right now. Stop making it your own cosplay problem. I don't have to approve your or anyone else's cosplay. If you're so confident in what you believe and what you're doing, then why do you care anyways? :hmm: I can be irritated if I want to and I frankly, I don't care if it's not "politically correct". If it's terrible, I'll say it's terrible. I'm not anyone's mommy, don't expect me to mollycoddle you. 

Posted (edited)

kermit.jpg

Back on topic, if anyone wants to mention similar "IG popular cosplayers" whether they be interesting or you have some gripes feel free to bring some to the table. 

I keep seeing IchigoChii everywhere but not sure what's the appeal. She seems to do the same makeup with almost every cosplay. I think she had a thread on 1.0 but not sure if anything was talked about there. The closest thing to drama she had was how one of those big meme sites (totally forgot the name/which one) had posted her photo without credit or they might've cropped out her name. Oh and she works with Dreamy Craft Shop who were a lil problematic in the past. 

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ichigochii/

FB: https://www.facebook.com/ichigo.chii/

Edited by PurinPrincess

Posted

I don't like the effects Ichigochii uses and she doesn't change her expression much. I don't know most of the chars she cosplays but her Krista seems ok.

Posted

I keep seeing IchigoChii everywhere but not sure what's the appeal. She seems to do the same makeup with almost every cosplay. I think she had a thread on 1.0 but not sure if anything was talked about there. The closest thing to drama she had was how one of those big meme sites (totally forgot the name/which one) had posted her photo without credit or they might've cropped out her name. Oh and she works with Dreamy Craft Shop who were a lil problematic in the past. 

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ichigochii/

FB: https://www.facebook.com/ichigo.chii/

Yeah she does do the same makeup style in all her cosplays lol she's just like berry. Putting on the clothes aren't enough you have to at least attempt to do the right makeup style? Idk I don't think you have to do much to get noticed as a Cosplayer anymore tbh, if you just post yourself in the cosplay clothes and have any type of makeup on you're bond to get noticed on Instagram lol.

Posted

I don't like the effects Ichigochii uses and she doesn't change her expression much. I don't know most of the chars she cosplays but her Krista seems ok.

You really don't like complimenting people, huh? You're always just criticizing. My teaher once told us an ''rule'' about constructive ciriticism, first say 7 nice things before you can point out something negative. Try it ;)

I am not gonna start that argument again but the statement regarding the skin color for cosplay was shit.