• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

How do y'all lose weight?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Intermittent fasting has actually helped me slim down some! I’m loving it. I’d recommend it to everyone, as long as you have a healthy relationship with food. I do the 16/8 version.

I’m a 16/8 too! I can honestly say it’s totally changed my relationship with food. I’ve stopped mindlessly snacking and look forward to yummy homecooked meals in my designated eating times. I’ve been following the fasting schedule for about a month and I’m down 8 pounds. 

Posted (edited)

I'm on the FOD Map diet. I've lost 20lbs in a month just from eating certain foods and cutting others out. Exercise helps but i lost the first 20 without it. I hope that helps! 😊

Edited by Dorothy Catalonia

Posted

I just won 4kilos in two weeks and i basically just hate myself now!!

And since i went from 65kg to 57kg to 64kg i basically just lost 1 kg :alpacadone:

I did little exercise because of my cramps but now i just feel insecure lolol.

Posted

eat healthier and be more active. thats the best way to keep it off too unlike dieting where you usually gain everything back.

Posted

IF, CICO, and drinking water/tea.

I'm still trying to lose more weight, but it has helped me lose 12lbs already. once my arm weights get here, i'll have another means of exercising besides just walking more.

I've also been eating like 1200~1400 a day, mostly healthy foods and then junk in moderation. I follow the serving size and eat that, I can't completely cut out takis from my life lol. 

Posted

So I injured my knee two weeks ago and my doctor told me to stop any physical activity as it would worsen it. 

So wtf do I do? I'm freaking fat and I need to lose like 20kg, how am I supposed to do this if I cant move? I-

Posted

So I injured my knee two weeks ago and my doctor told me to stop any physical activity as it would worsen it. 

So wtf do I do? I'm freaking fat and I need to lose like 20kg, how am I supposed to do this if I cant move? I-

Focus on what you eat while recovering and make sure it's low in calories like vegetables and fruit.

Posted

I've been doing intermittent fasting and its been working really well. I let myself eat from 12pm to 6pm and fast till the next day. I've lost 5 pounds in the last couple of weeks so I would say I'm happy with the results and reccomend it. 😊

Posted

Exercising isn't exactly paramount to weight/fat loss. It helps because it burns calories to create a calorie deficit. Like what some of the other members said, you just need calorie deficit. All other methods (exercising, eating less/healthy, Keto, IF etc) helps in providing the deficit. And your doctor probably doesn't mean ALL physical activity. You can sit on a chair and do dumbbells exercises (arms, chest) or lying down too. Or simply track your calories. :)  Get well soon!

Posted

please dont starve yourself thats all I have to say <3 take care of yourself 

Posted (edited)

strictly CICO for me, things just get a little too out of control when i lose track of calories

also, weighing food works for me. people greatly underestimate how much of a serving they are eating, I know I do

Edited by catbunny

Posted

I’m a 16/8 too! I can honestly say it’s totally changed my relationship with food. I’ve stopped mindlessly snacking and look forward to yummy homecooked meals in my designated eating times. I’ve been following the fasting schedule for about a month and I’m down 8 pounds. 

For those of you all who are intermittent fasting, what do you guys eat? I've been doing it on and off for awhile but gained weight lolol T-T. I don't really measure myself because I feel like I would goof up my measurements, but my clothes don't seem to feel any looser or anything just normal. 

Posted

My health took a turn for the worst and I'm now trying as hard as I can to lose weight and to quit eating so much garbage. I'm doing 30 day exercise challenges (HIIT) followed by aerobics every day of the week. I highly recommend Darebee's programs. My diet consists of low carbs, home cooked food only and mostly veggies. It's a bit unorthodox, but it works for me because of my specific circumstances. I've done keto before and I lost about 5 pounds in a single week, but it really tried my patience lol. 

personal bs 

I'm a binge eater. I am so guilty of binge eating, starving, and binge eating again except the only things I ate were pure junk food. I have tried multiple times to quit eating garbage or trying diets, but the cravings would get so strong that I'd fall apart and end up back at square one. It's depressing, I feel like a failure when I break my diet or give in to my cravings of eating god knows what for no reason other than to eat. My body is screaming at me to stop because of my health issues that were caused because of my excessive weight gain. I get triggered looking at old photos of myself when I was thinner and looking at myself now. On top of all that, I'm genetically predisposed to things like heart failure and diabetes because half of my family either has those or has died from them. Half of my clothes don't fit me anymore, and it's the summer. I'm going to work hard ot lose as much weight in a healthy manner as possible before the end of the year, and to quit binge eating shit like a human dumpster. 

Posted

The only thing that really works in the end is a lifestyle change. It's important to figure out what you are missing/doing wrong in your food consumption and it's important to check your movement.

I've personally upped my intake of vegetables/fruits versus unhealthier things. Although it's very important to eat what you want twice a week to avoid any type of setback. It's better to have that pizza on Tuesday evening and continue with healthy things + exercise the next day than to long for something a tad unhealthy yet restrict too much.

Aside from this it's important to see what kind of exercise you can fit into your life. For me home exercises work the best as gyms are expensive here and the weather is awful. If you are somehow injured or quite large swimming would be a great recommendation. Although for injured people I would recommend to check it with your doctor first, just to be sure.

Posted (edited)

Exercising more and intermittent fasting do wonders for me, sadly I gained weight and lost motivation so I don't do it anymore, but I lost weight really fast when I did that

(i know its kind of a dead thread but i wanted to post anyway lol)

Edited by dakotaholly