• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Arvida byström

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes she did, I'll post the pic under spoiler. (Incase anyone is interested...)

Hidden Content

I think she pissed a few people off on her instagram from one of the pics. Flat chested people are always seen as having "childlike" bodies which is a huge shame as adult women come in all shapes and sizes. However I agree that I got a creep vibe from looking at this pic even knowing her age. It seems like it's an easy image to twist with the pastel/girly imagery like she addressed, but I think more context with the photo (Not such a cut off image, could of included her face) could have stopped some of the upset maybe.

I edited the ones addressing their issues/comments to be alongside the picture.

waru.thumb.png.69c4b249a095342cf5d568775

feminism my ass, don't call yourself feminist if you are gonna sexualize children

Posted

feminism my ass, don't call yourself feminist if you are gonna sexualize children

I feel like as soon as people reacted to it badly she should have had the respect to delete it because it was actually confusing some people that it was actually a child. Instead she just pointed out she's an adult and that she "didn't know it looked childish" I felt uncomfortable, plenty of others did too but so long as it wasn't her intention she thinks it's a free pass to post suggestive content.

Posted

its not unfeminist to shave I do it because it smells less and I feel more comfortable I mean I honestly think body hair has little to nothing to do with feminism at least not nowadays personally I find it gross if its on display doesnt matter if youre a man or a woman this is nasty

Posted

OT, but posted on Joanna Kuchta's thread and thought I'll post this here too. If you look at the comments section of the photo I've attached you can see that Jo's in Cali and arvida wants to hang. I feel like right now arvida has a better style and Jo's has gotten a bit confused-like a strange muddle of her previous style and the "baddie" trend right now, although the red heart Prada shoes she posted a few days ago on her insta where really cute. Hopefully arvida can inspire her to go back to her old pink style that got her instafamous. I wonder if they will really meet and we can see the OG "daddy-kink girl" and the new one together.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 5.50.54 am.png

Posted

So in order to be an artist you have to stop shaving and start posting pics of yourself almost naked in weird poses? Internet fame, here I come!

But seriously I'm fucking pissed just by the fact that body hair is more and more often seen as some symbol of a free independent woman. Talk about that with some poor women from 3rd world countries who can't even afford a razor to begin with. 

Posted

But seriously I'm fucking pissed just by the fact that body hair is more and more often seen as some symbol of a free independent woman. Talk about that with some poor women from 3rd world countries who can't even afford a razor to begin with. 

Feminism was historically never truly about supporting women to the point that they are equal to men, but a movement for privileged white women to gain dominance in the political feild. Even back when women's rights voters were marching down the street they denied black women from joining the parades as it would have "confised the message" that they were sending. This is why I think feminism as a whole is bullshit, and this is coming from a privlaged white women. Since the beginning feminism has linked with the denial of LGBTQ+ folks and people of color in the movement, rather than caring for the equality of genders like promised.

If y'all really want to support women and gender equality, how about you protest about some of the atrocities women face in countries where tradition or poverty keeps women opressed and seen as less than a man instead of complaining about your period, wearing pastels, and not shaving your body hair. Pretend that you care all you want, but you are doing nothing to contribute to gender equality, babe.

Posted

She just looks like another ddlg kinkster

Posted (edited)

What does it mean being "feminist" and not grooming yourself? For me its just unhygienic.
And tell me people, since when is showing off yourself naked on internet is "art".

yeah, honestly this

Also when is "female empowerment" about stripping yourself naked either, much as a hate to borderline slutshame, for a self proclaimed "feminist" she also falls strikingly close to the "lolita/pale" aesthetic, which isn't inherently a bad thing but coupled with some of her photos seeming like borderline creepshots it's sleazy as f

Like i actually feel really nasty about not shaving tbh, I'm lazy so I'll go without for a few days… but I seriously can't stand my hair to get too long, I have thick body hair, it looks gross, and it feels gross when there's too much of it.

Edited by becky

Posted

its not unfeminist to shave I do it because it smells less and I feel more comfortable I mean I honestly think body hair has little to nothing to do with feminism at least not nowadays personally I find it gross if its on display doesnt matter if youre a man or a woman this is nasty

Nobody said it's "unfeminist" to shave, that's your choice and that's what it's all about- Having the choice to remove your body hair or not to remove it, and hopefully without people calling you "nasty". It's not unhygienic and it doesn't cause odor. It's been explained multiple times in this thread what shaving has to do with feminism, and it is important. Ever heard of 'my body, my choice'? That applies to shaving. No one calls a man gross when he has armpit hair so why do women get called gross? Can we all please stop whining about her hair and grow up?? I don't get why this is such a hard concept....

Posted

Nobody said it's "unfeminist" to shave, that's your choice and that's what it's all about- Having the choice to remove your body hair or not to remove it, and hopefully without people calling you "nasty". It's not unhygienic and it doesn't cause odor. It's been explained multiple times in this thread what shaving has to do with feminism, and it is important. Ever heard of 'my body, my choice'? That applies to shaving. No one calls a man gross when he has armpit hair so why do women get called gross? Can we all please stop whining about her hair and grow up?? I don't get why this is such a hard concept....

First of all, drop that attitude.

Second, while somewhere there in the world the female circumcision is still performed, some people genuinely think they're changing things by not shaving their legs. While somewhere women get killed for walking outside unaccompanied by a man, some people are complaining that they ain't allowed to walk outside topless. Why does their body hair stand higher on their "my body, my choice" propaganda list than the lives of all those poor women in third world countries? Maybe because it's just such a safe protest, huh? Nobody will kill you for having hairy legs, but if you try to do something to stop the violence, you might easily get hurt too. 

Grow your hair as much as you want but just don't act like you're saving the world. You're not.

Posted

First of all, drop that attitude.

Second, while somewhere there in the world the female circumcision is still performed, some people genuinely think they're changing things by not shaving their legs. While somewhere women get killed for walking outside unaccompanied by a man, some people are complaining that they ain't allowed to walk outside topless. Why does their body hair stand higher on their "my body, my choice" propaganda list than the lives of all those poor women in third world countries? Maybe because it's just such a safe protest, huh? Nobody will kill you for having hairy legs, but if you try to do something to stop the violence, you might easily get hurt too. 

Grow your hair as much as you want but just don't act like you're saving the world. You're not.

Feminism was historically never truly about supporting women to the point that they are equal to men, but a movement for privileged white women to gain dominance in the political feild. Even back when women's rights voters were marching down the street they denied black women from joining the parades as it would have "confised the message" that they were sending. This is why I think feminism as a whole is bullshit, and this is coming from a privlaged white women. Since the beginning feminism has linked with the denial of LGBTQ+ folks and people of color in the movement, rather than caring for the equality of genders like promised.

If y'all really want to support women and gender equality, how about you protest about some of the atrocities women face in countries where tradition or poverty keeps women opressed and seen as less than a man instead of complaining about your period, wearing pastels, and not shaving your body hair. Pretend that you care all you want, but you are doing nothing to contribute to gender equality, babe.

My answer derail the topic a bit, I'll put it under spoiler, like the posts I quoted so no one has to read my long text :)

Things change, you can't say that because something was bad (and it WAS bad that black women and LGBT women weren't included), that it can't evolve. Feminism is, today, a way for many to stand for equality for everyone. It's shame that it started like that, but I'm sure we can make good things out of it, because the objective isn't the same as it was at first.

Secondly I agree with both of you, lots of women have it WAY worse than us, and in comparison our problems are laughable. The thing is it's not because someone has it worse that you shouldn't stand for yourself and to make your life better. "Other have it worse" is never a raison to not try to improve you life. Never. 

That being said, it doesn't mean that us white (sorry if you're not white and I assume you are), middle classe, privilegied women should turn a blind eye to the other women suffering in the world, I believe we can help them at the same time that we try to make things change for us. Donating to organisations for exemple. Making everyone around us aware of the nightmare they live everyday. Signing petitions (??? I'm not sure this one can change things a lot tbh)  Feminism is not standing only for yourself or your country, I truly believe it is about trying to make equal as many people as possible. This means women in far away countries too. 

And to finish my (too long xD) post I wanted to emphasis on what cookiecat said, because they are right, feminism isn't about not shaving. Feminism is about doing what you want with your body, if you like to shave it should be fine, if you don't like to shave it should be fine too. If anyone claims to be a feminist and try to shame you for "shaving and being a part of the patriarchal society " (I heard that already) they are not a feminist. Everyone should be free to do whatever the fuck they want with their body as long as it doesn't put them in danger. However I understand why there is such an emphasis on women who don't shave, you get a lot of stares and remarks if you don't do it, while if you do it, everyone think it's normal. So it's a problem that needs to be adressed. But YOU and everyone do what you want. I shave too. And it doesn't make me not feminist

Posted (edited)

Ok, I might have been too harsh in expressing my opinion, for which I apologize. It's that "Ever heard of it?" attitude that pissed me off.

I understand that diminishing the problems of a typical white woman isn't a way forward, but I just can't keep calm thinking on how huge the gap is. While ones fight for self expression and acknowledgement (is this even a word?), others literally must fight for their lives every day. It's all so unfair.

Anyways, I'm not gonna derail the thread any further. 

Edited by OhLolYou
Goddamn Angelica attachments keep popping in all my messages

Posted

Ok, I might have been too harsh in expressing my opinion, for which I apologize. It's that "Ever heard of it?" attitude that pissed me off.

I understand that diminishing the problems of a typical white woman isn't a way forward, but I just can't keep calm thinking on how huge the gap is. While ones fight for self expression and acknowledgement (is this even a word?), others literally must fight for their lives every day. It's all so unfair.

Anyways, I'm not gonna derail the thread any further. 

I had to respond to this because you're acting like I don't give a shit about women of color just because I explained why we should stop complaining about body hair. just because I'm currently addressing "white/american feminism" ideals doesn't mean that I dismiss the problems of women in other countries, or women of color.  where in my comment (anywhere) did I state that it was more important than any other feminist issue? "We can't discuss this problem because there are other worse problem!!"  Like all I said was that it IS a feminist issue. Never claimed that body hair saves the world. Never claimed it was "top priority" of the my body my choice movement. I'll see myself out now, sorry everybody

Posted

I don't understand. Why would you post a picture of yourself looking like an eleven-year-old who's about to be molested? I know third wave feminists enjoy doing stupid shit but even that was particularly dumb.

Other than that I can't say that she stands out particularly to me. There are a lot of Swedish third wave activists who are much worse than her (such as Freja Lindberg).