• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

116 posts in this topic

Posted

I believe it was on Rikachuu's. I only follow Aru.Rinh and Rikachuu :alpacaheadshake:

Ah okay, I only follow Aru.Rinh out of the five girls there currently (though I used to follow jean_wanwan), so it makes sense that I didn't see this. Personally I stand by my opinion about her probably not receiving proceeds and/or being asked to participate by the other girls, but there's no real way to know for sure unless one of them posts about it.

Posted

This is the only thing I screenshotted. Two story updates later it said the highest bid was at $200.

Screenshot_20180219-073909.png

I honesy thought it was a total joke LOL It just didn’t seem like she would do something like that seriously? But who knows haha

And Aru did post a pic on her story about it! 

Posted

I honesy thought it was a total joke LOL It just didn’t seem like she would do something like that seriously? But who knows haha

If that's the case...I'm really disappointed in Aru especially since she seems to be really transparent,  but only to be associating with those other lewd cosplayers.

Posted

I thought it was a joke at first too, to be honest.. Until I saw the posts about the highest bid. Kinda disappointed me.

Posted (edited)

If that's the case...I'm really disappointed in Aru especially since she seems to be really transparent,  but only to be associating with those other lewd cosplayers.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her associating with them? If it's a matter of them doing lewd cosplays, so many people do them nowadays that it's practically impossible to be friends with only people who haven't done any lewd cosplays. Honestly I think it would be more problematic if she decided to avoid people based on them doing lewd cosplays :alpacaworry:

Tbh overall I don't think the whole thing is a big deal. At best it's a joke, at worse she's selling a  shared sock with 4 other cosplayers, which IMO seems sort of funny in concept anyways. 

I searched around on Facebook and saw Aru.Rinh was tagged in this (it was within jean_wanwan's Katsucon pictures post):

12.thumb.png.879c69cbdd1be2eeba537d49a43

They all seem like they're joking around about it and not taking it too seriously.

Edited by Xander

Posted

I thought it was a joke at first too, to be honest.. Until I saw the posts about the highest bid. Kinda disappointed me.

Did one of the other girls post about it on her story/acc? I hope it's just a very extended long joke; Aru really doesn't seem to be the type of person to sell a signed sock...unless she was roped into it by the other girls somehow. 

Posted (edited)

I used to be friends with her on FB and I remember she posted a screenshot of someone asking to pay for her used socks. I think they offered $60/pair but could have been more.  People in the comments were jokingly saying that she should sell it and make good money; she jokingly said that she might do it. But I wouldn't be surprised nor would I blame her if she considered it. 

Sorry I don't have proof but if anyone is friends with her public FB account you can fact check me. She posted this status over a year ago.

Edited by Donut.Stare
Fixed autocorrect errors

Posted (edited)

I used to be friends with her on FB and I remember she posted a screenshot of someone asking to pay for her used socks. I think they offered $60/pair but could have been more.  People in the comments were jokingly saying that she should sell it and make good money; she jokingly said that she might do it. But I wouldn't be surprised nor would I blame her if she considered it. 

Sorry I don't have proof but if anyone is friends with her public FB account you can fact check me. She posted thanks status over a year ago.

I just looked the status up and this is the one I found, but I don't see her saying that she might do it. Imo it sounds like she's rather against it, but maybe it was a different status you’re talking about, since I couldn’t find any with screenshots.

15.thumb.png.7c7b7c1c66de06b79e02dfd7d93

Edited by Xander
clarity

Posted

I find it really weird and confusing because one of the other girls actually made an Instagram story saying the highest bid was at 200$ ? 

Are they all even on the same line here?

Posted

I just looked the status up and this is the one I found, but I don't see her saying that she might do it. Imo it sounds like she's rather against it, but maybe it was a different status you’re talking about, since I couldn’t find any with screenshots.

That's the one! Sorry my memory is so fuzzy.. :alpacadone:

Weird, I remember her posting a photo of the cosplay the guy wanted the socks from. 

Posted

hmm..that's a post from 2016, she very well could have changed her mind. I tried looking for that status but couldn't find that at all either.

I find it really weird and confusing because one of the other girls actually made an Instagram story saying the highest bid was at 200$ ? 

Are they all even on the same line here?

It seems like they just got her to sign it and then actually went to sell it.