• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

116 posts in this topic

Posted

everyone's talking about how she doesn't look anything like her candids but honestly i dont think so ?? she looks pretty similar in this pic i found in the ax tag on instagram. obv she doesn't look the best but still

(sorry the photo quality is ass lol)

zekia.thumb.jpg.2889ed7987afe63db0bfcee6

I agree, everyone is comparing her posed and full face of makeup selfies with the one candid where she looks like she's barefaced, in harsh lighting, and making a weird expression. She slims her face and edits, but she's still similar enough to be recognizable.

Posted

Facebook video

Her's her face in the new superdeluxe video! I forgotten how to link videos so I hope an actual link will suffice 

Posted

wow she has a chin and a jaw, shocking. ¬¬ other than erasing those completely in her shoops, she seems like a sweet girl i dunno. i wonder how her skin became that much lighter? i'm white and avoid the sun mostly but i've never been THAT pale in my life :derp:

Posted

wow she has a chin and a jaw, shocking. ¬¬ other than erasing those completely in her shoops, she seems like a sweet girl i dunno. i wonder how her skin became that much lighter? i'm white and avoid the sun mostly but i've never been THAT pale in my life :derp:

I think she said previously that in her before photo she was tanned, and she avoided the sun and went back to her natural skin tone which is pale. 

She recently posted this video of her Anime Expo. I wonder if she's planning to get into Youtube now.

Posted

she modelled for a turnt beauty video

Posted (edited)

I don't like how Aru likes to lead people on into thinking she's Japanese. Before on her bio, comments and insta story she would say she is Chinese, now when people ask she will simply smile like it's a compliment and doesn't answer the questions about her ethnicity. What with all the hype behind "looking Japanese" anyways? Chinese girls/boys are just as cute 

Aru looked pretty uncomfortable in the video like she was forced at gunpoint to appear in it or something O.o

Edited by Leah

Posted

she modelled for a turnt beauty video

those sound effects are actually making me gassy

Posted

I don't like how Aru likes to lead people on into thinking she's Japanese. Before on her bio, comments and insta story she would say she is Chinese, now when people ask she will simply smile like it's a compliment and doesn't answer the questions about her ethnicity. What with all the hype behind "looking Japanese" anyways? Chinese girls/boys are just as cute 

Aru looked pretty uncomfortable in the video like she was forced at gunpoint to appear in it or something O.o

She's never had her ethnicity on her bio as far as I can recall, and doesn't seem to reply much in general in her comments. She also has a picture saying she isn't Japanese, so I doubt she's trying to lead people into believing she's Japanese.

FullSizeRender_(2).thumb.jpg.b8247bc58d5

Posted

She's never had her ethnicity on her bio as far as I can recall, and doesn't seem to reply much in general in her comments. She also has a picture saying she isn't Japanese, so I doubt she's trying to lead people into believing she's Japanese.

FullSizeRender_(2).thumb.jpg.b8247bc58d5

I don't think she's trying to lead people into thinking she's Japanese either. If you look on her Facebook page (/zekiacosplay, or just search Zekia) her "About" section says, and I quote:

"Taiwanese Cosplayer Zekia located in US

Please ask before repost photos"

Posted

Along time ago for her insta bio she stated that she was Chinese and I found it odd how she stopped responding to questions regarding her race and how she deleted that she was Chinese in her Insta bio. It sounds like she did change however, during the time I followed her it felt to me that she was leading people on. 

Posted

Along time ago for her insta bio she stated that she was Chinese and I found it odd how she stopped responding to questions regarding her race and how she deleted that she was Chinese in her Insta bio. It sounds like she did change however, during the time I followed her it felt to me that she was leading people on. 

I've followed her since mid 2015, but I don't recall her putting Chinese on her bio. I think it would be strange if she did, since most people who state they are Taiwanese won't call themselves Chinese because they believe Taiwan and China are different.

Posted

Taiwan people are still Chinese though, they speak mandarin, have Chinese names, genetically they are still Chinese, the only thing different is that they live in a little island outside of China. :SI don't get why they wouldn't see themself as Chinese 

Posted (edited)

Taiwan people are still Chinese though, they speak mandarin, have Chinese names, genetically they are still Chinese, the only thing different is that they live in a little island outside of China. :SI don't get why they wouldn't see themself as Chinese 

It's a matter of national pride and politics. Without getting too much into detail, most mainlanders consider Taiwan as a province of China, while many people from Taiwan (especially those who identify themselves as Taiwanese) see Taiwan as an independent country. Taiwan also has it's own dialect, but it is less used now due to the Nationalist Party taking over after they fled China and implementing Mandarin as the official language. People who live in Taiwan who are in favor of "reuniting" with China will generally call themselves Chinese, while those who want Taiwan's independence will call themselves Taiwanese. To some Taiwanese, it would be insulting to them to call China and Taiwan the same. 

Edited by Xander

Posted

I see, admitedly I don't know much about asian culture/history, a few years ago I took Chinese and Japanese, my classes did teach abit about history but they don't go into detail. 

Posted

From 4chan

5990100e69046_cgl_-_Crazy_Photoshop_-_Co1502495950995.thumb.jpg.b13f7fcf101dd133