• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

116 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I hate being the person to just make claims and not back them up but I've hung with her group one time I didn't really know her just had mutual friends. When the King Lin drama was fresh she was talking about how he "should've killed himself" already. I was so shocked I understood her strong opinions on creeps like him but I felt that line was too far. She was so pretty so I guess I was under the illusion that she's super sweet? But people shouldn't have to fit their image. 

This was a recent candid of her. I think how she does her makeup really impacts her pics. She's really pretty in person too but not exactly like her pictures. I think it's a combination of makeup skills and photoshop.

IMG_4489.JPG

wait, that's really her? She doesn't look alike with her pictures, i feel like she looks much older in real life and she edits her pictures/uses makeup to make her face look younger '-'

Edited by Jinx!
Forgot some stuff

Posted

wait, that's really her? She doesn't look alike with her pictures, i feel like she looks much older in real life and she edits her pictures/uses makeup to make her face look younger '-'

Makeup is supposed to make you look different, why would she look the same when (I'm assuming) she isn't wearing any?

Posted

Makeup is supposed to make you look different, why would she look the same when (I'm assuming) she isn't wearing any?

Makeup only makes you look significantly different if you're doing a lot of contouring, cut crease eye makeup, eyelid glue and using studio lighting. It doesn't change your nose shape, eye size, lip shape, face shape. I don't think Jinx! is wrong to point out that aru looks very different in her posts compared to reality. When i have make up on I still look like me with make up on. I might look better but not like a different person.

Major differences in aru comparing candid shots and shots she posts.

1. Eye size is significantly different.

2. Nose shape in reality is bulbous and large. In her posted photos She has this tiny little perfect straight nose. No bulb in sight.

3. Face becomes a very perfect little egg shape with a sharp chin when in reality her face is wider with a normal sized rounded chin.

4. She blows out her photos so she has very pinkish pale skin. In reality she is clearly yellow toned with a medium light- medium skin color.

I don't know how you could possibly think she's the same person in her candids vs her shopped photos if you didn't know. The facial structure is completely different and it's not just a camera lens issue. 

Posted

Woah, i knew you looked different but woah...I saw her a few times irl and she actually looked pretty decent. But still nothing like the photos she post. this is the first time I've seen her real hair and no make up. I'm pretty shook. BUT HEY, it's not like it's a crime to Sh00p. As long as she's keeping it real and admitting to it :)

Posted

Makeup only makes you look significantly different if you're doing a lot of contouring, cut crease eye makeup, eyelid glue and using studio lighting. It doesn't change your nose shape, eye size, lip shape, face shape. I don't think Jinx! is wrong to point out that aru looks very different in her posts compared to reality. When i have make up on I still look like me with make up on. I might look better but not like a different person.

Major differences in aru comparing candid shots and shots she posts.

1. Eye size is significantly different.

2. Nose shape in reality is bulbous and large. In her posted photos She has this tiny little perfect straight nose. No bulb in sight.

3. Face becomes a very perfect little egg shape with a sharp chin when in reality her face is wider with a normal sized rounded chin.

4. She blows out her photos so she has very pinkish pale skin. In reality she is clearly yellow toned with a medium light- medium skin color.

I don't know how you could possibly think she's the same person in her candids vs her shopped photos if you didn't know. The facial structure is completely different and it's not just a camera lens issue. 

Heavy makeup more easily makes Asians look significantly different, because of how flat their faces are. When they add slight contouring, eyelashes, it makes a lot of difference vs other races, since generally other races have more defined features. If you look at those Asian before and after videos on youtube, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlCtMsSN7jg , you can see what I mean, even when they don't use heavy contouring or cut crease eyeshadow. Just adding

I didn't say that she doesn't photoshop her photos or that she looks exactly the same as them, since she even admits she photoshops them. I was referring to when Jinx said

uses makeup to make her face look younger '-'

Of course she uses makeup to make her face look younger, more attractive, different, etc. That's what it's meant for, to make you prettier.

Posted

We have to remember we can't exactly control angles and lighting with candid shots. In the picture I see the lighting inside the convention is very harsh so the shadows or lack of cast on her face makes her features appear differently as well. In photoshoots and selfies she can control how she appears so I find that will significantly impact how she looks.

Posted

oh man.
I am a long time lurker of this site, but since I saw this post I just had to comment.
This girl is the most drama-hungry person I've ever had this displeasure of meeting. The King Lin stuff aside, she's got a multitiude of people who vendetta against her on /cgl/, which is pretty cringey in and of itself, but I completely understand why.

I don't want to get into details for the sake of protecting my own identity, but she has no shame in gossiping behind people's backs, tearing people down based on appearance, using racial slurs, and using really vulgar insults and language toward other people, both to their faces and behind their back. I experienced about 2 seconds of this pettiness from her, but she said some really repulsive stuff to another girl in the cosplay community, I'll see if I can get the messages from her so I'm not just making unbacked accusations.

Side note, I don't think she's had surgery, she doesn't look the same as her shoop irl.

Posted (edited)

oh man.
I am a long time lurker of this site, but since I saw this post I just had to comment.
This girl is the most drama-hungry person I've ever had this displeasure of meeting. The King Lin stuff aside, she's got a multitiude of people who vendetta against her on /cgl/, which is pretty cringey in and of itself, but I completely understand why.

I don't want to get into details for the sake of protecting my own identity, but she has no shame in gossiping behind people's backs, tearing people down based on appearance, using racial slurs, and using really vulgar insults and language toward other people, both to their faces and behind their back. I experienced about 2 seconds of this pettiness from her, but she said some really repulsive stuff to another girl in the cosplay community, I'll see if I can get the messages from her so I'm not just making unbacked accusations.

Side note, I don't think she's had surgery, she doesn't look the same as her shoop irl.

hah, I always had that bad vibe about her.. I can't tell exactly what but you know, as she was full of herself. And it seems like she is haha

Her personality seems pretty damn ugly judged by what you're saying :|

Sorry I don't know how to add spoiler, but there's some pics to compare filtered and photoshopped face

Also it creeps me out that when she photoshops she ends up looking like a .. 9 year old? Is that what she's aiming for 😐

2017-06-13 09.03.59.png

2017-06-13 09.04.28.png

Edited by Jinx!

Posted

oh man.

Really waiting on these receipts, because those are some strong accusations to make. 

Posted

I think the receipts are necessary especially since she's spoken very loudly against Lin and his followers could make up rumours about her so I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt 

Posted

Sorry to leave you guys hanging. Said cosplay girl didn't have any saved messages (apparently she had been saying terrible things to a third party) and unfortunately I don't have any either, so I'm not thrilled with the idea of trying to call her out. She's got a pretty big following, and as demonstrated by the King Lin thing, a pretty strong influence within the cosplay community. Without proof it's pretty much a lost cause. 

She's awful enough that I'm sure someone will come forward with something eventually. 

Posted

Sorry to leave you guys hanging. Said cosplay girl didn't have any saved messages (apparently she had been saying terrible things to a third party) and unfortunately I don't have any either, so I'm not thrilled with the idea of trying to call her out. She's got a pretty big following, and as demonstrated by the King Lin thing, a pretty strong influence within the cosplay community. Without proof it's pretty much a lost cause. 

She's awful enough that I'm sure someone will come forward with something eventually. 

This looks really suspicious, especially since you're a brand new account posting serious claims about someone with no proof... It's a little convenient.

Posted

Dang her editing skills tho loL she looks like a completely different person. Her features are so much smaller and softer and paler.

Posted

Omg, she looks so different :alpacaworry:  I would never have guessed that was her. She doesn't even look remotely the same as the person on her instagram.

I knew she used makeup and even edited her face, but I didn't know that it affected her appearance that much!  O.o

Posted

everyone's talking about how she doesn't look anything like her candids but honestly i dont think so ?? she looks pretty similar in this pic i found in the ax tag on instagram. obv she doesn't look the best but still

(sorry the photo quality is ass lol)

zekia.thumb.jpg.2889ed7987afe63db0bfcee6