• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone noticed that she gains followers really fast? When this thread was first made, I think she was in the 20000 range, but a month later she already has 31000. I don't know much about instagram stats, but is that abnormal? She gets a lot of likes and comments but still.

It's not really that surprising for the cosplay community in her area, for cosplayers in that region if you hop on trends really fast and you're cute, it's easy to gain followers quickly. She was one of the first few cosplayers to do the D.Va hanbok costume, so that probably helped her numbers a lot.

Why is her thread already in the Little Snowflakes section? She doesn't seem to be exhibiting any snowflakey behaviour, since she's open about her shoop.

Posted (edited)

It's not really that surprising for the cosplay community in her area, for cosplayers in that region if you hop on trends really fast and you're cute, it's easy to gain followers quickly. She was one of the first few cosplayers to do the D.Va hanbok costume, so that probably helped her numbers a lot.

Why is her thread already in the Little Snowflakes section? She doesn't seem to be exhibiting any snowflakey behaviour, since she's open about her shoop.

It's in the Online Personalities section, but the OP tagged it as snowflakery. I feel like the OP has some kind of personal dislike for her honestly, just from the tone of the posts they've made about her, but it might just be me, since I don't really think she's attention seeking or "GURL GAMER" like the OP says. 

shoop.png

Edited by Xander
can't get rid of the picture

Posted

I think she's very pretty and seems super chill! Idk there's nothing much snowflakey about her because she's open about editing her photos and hasn't lied about anything. 

Posted (edited)

[warning this may be long]

I know that she's been involved with this online drama/conspiracy for at least a year now. It mainly started blowing up last year around March (which is when the google doc below was created), but since the main person involved (King Lin) was hospitalized few days ago it has been blowing up on my feed again. 

I actually don't fully know both sides of the story but here's what I know. There's a mediocre photographer in his early 20s who has some questionable views about cosplayers. (These screenshots was from a while ago, since then Lin has said that he changed his views.) Here's the Google Doc generated by people who are anti-King Lin, which Aru.rinh is a full supporter of. According to the doc and Aru.rinh's Facebook, it states that King Lin has raped and hit on several underaged girls. 

18423209_1690991997580806_4162588460931118422465_1690991014247571_22514543266001

According to Lin, this whole thing was started by a cosplayer who was angry about her photos being late and generally not happy with him. Then it snowballed pretty fast. People reporting his sighting at cons (according to Lin, he's not banned from any con), and threatening to kill him or harm him. 

Richie_Edquid_2017-06-02_14-39-14.thumb.

After Fanime (last week), Lin went off his rockers (blood and self-harm here :alpacashocked:) [since then this has been deleted]

Screenshot_2017-05-29-14-33-39.thumb.png

Screenshot_2017-05-29-14-33-46.thumb.png

Screenshot_2017-05-29-14-33-50.thumb.png

Anyway since then he's been admitted to a hospital. 

Screenshot_2017-05-30-11-55-42.thumb.png

Here Aru.rinh is talking about the deleted Lin's FB posts. 

Comments_2017-06-02_13-51-45.thumb.png.b

She's been deleting comments on this post.

Comments_2017-06-02_13-51-13.thumb.png.cComments_2017-06-02_14-26-12.thumb.png.f

So here's Lin's respond to Aru.rinh. (it's a bit long so I hid it)

Comments_2017-06-02_14-24-03.thumb.png.bComments_2017-06-02_14-24-15.thumb.png.9Comments_2017-06-02_14-24-34.thumb.png.7Comments_2017-06-02_14-24-47.thumb.png.7Comments_2017-06-02_14-24-59.thumb.png.3

So Lin is now bringing up the legal system into the conversation talking about bringing Aru.rinh up to court. 

Comments_2017-06-02_14-27-12.thumb.png.9

I feel like this has been taken a bit too far now. It seems more like a witch hunt than actually trying to solve the problem now. Both sides clearly need to talk 1:1 with a non bias mediator. Personally I think that he did hit on underaged girls during that time, but I'm not too sure about rape. (either way he's not someone I want to hang out with) But now I'm not sure which information is real and which is fake. Since the Google Doc I do think that he's becoming a less shittier person, but both sides really need to calm down right now. Lin should take a year or two off from this situation and not attend any cons and focus more on his mental health. Threatening to sue Aru.rinh is probably not the best idea right now. :alpacawink:

Edited by Skylark

Posted

it looks like make-up and photoshop to me?

Posted

I know that she's been involved with this online drama/conspiracy for at least a year now. It mainly started blowing up last year around March (which is when the google doc below was created), but since the main person involved (King Lin) was hospitalized few days ago it has been blowing up on my feed again. 

I actually don't fully know both sides of the story but here's what I know. There's a mediocre photographer in his early 20s who has some questionable views about cosplayers. (These screenshots was from a while ago, since then Lin has said that he changed his views.) Here's the Google Doc generated by people who are anti-King Lin, which Aru.rinh is a full supporter of. According to the doc and Aru.rinh's Facebook, it states that King Lin has raped and hit on several underaged girls. 

Hidden Content

According to Lin, this whole thing was started by a cosplayer who was angry about her photos being late and generally not happy with him. Then it snowballed pretty fast. People reporting his sighting at cons (according to Lin, he's not banned from any con), and threatening to kill him or harm him. 

After Fanime (last week), Lin went off his rockers (blood and self-harm here :alpacashocked:) [since then this has been deleted]

Hidden Content

Comments_2017-06-02_13-51-13.thumb.png.cComments_2017-06-02_14-26-12.thumb.png.f

Hidden Content

So Lin is now bringing up the legal system into the conversation talking about bringing Aru.rinh up to court. 

Hidden Content

With what the google doc said (I read most of it but some screenshots were blurry on mobile), I'm more inclined to support Aru.rinh than King. He gives off the vibes of being creepy, entitled, mysoginistic, and racist. Typical gamer/anime dude behavior, you know? Having been in the League community, he's quite the poster boy for what the guys (and sometimes girls) are like in there. It's like, they're easy to talk to online but are actually just thirsty af motherfuckers who just want a "cute grill" to brag about to their friends. They basically hop onto any cute girl they see and try to get into her pants. 

Besides, I quite doubt that King has changed. It's hard to change who you are at the core, and those kind of mysoginistic and shitty views seemed pretty engrained into him. Defending Richard Bui and basically making fun of the girls who felt that he was creepy? What kind of upbringing did he have to endorse that? Just because someone seems like a good person doesn't mean that they are. (I'm a hard ass when it comes to people claiming they changed, though, so feel free to disagree! His being in the hospital does not make me pity him or want to pat him on the head.) 

While it's not necessary to make a vague FB post like Aru.rinh did (I'd leave it alone and hate him from a distance), I understand where she's coming from. The cosplay community seems to be increasingly dangerous, and it must be hard for her to see fellow girl cosplayers being taken advantage of. King needs to leave the cosplay/anime/con community for others to feel safe. If his main complaint is being harassed, why doesn't he just not go? 

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I think it's really shifty how he apologizes for the things he did wrong, then immediately turns around and threatens to sue people. It really shows a lack of remorse, and makes me think that Aru.rinh is in the right.

i do think the way she's going about it is a little zealous, but with all things considered, seeing the google docs, testimony from other girls, etc. I can see why she's taking a hard stance. There are so many photographers who take advantage of girls in the cosplay community, and it makes the community even more dangerous for all the kids who join it. He doesn't seem like he's apologizing because he's changed, more like he's apologizing so that people will let him back into the community. 

https://www.facebook.com/Zekia.Rina/posts/654441634752884

Link to the status Aru.rinh made, if anyone wanted to read all of it. It's really long, which is why I didn't screen shot it. 

Posted

I think it's really shifty how he apologizes for the things he did wrong, then immediately turns around and threatens to sue people. It really shows a lack of remorse, and makes me think that Aru.rinh is in the right.

i do think the way she's going about it is a little zealous, but with all things considered, seeing the google docs, testimony from other girls, etc. I can see why she's taking a hard stance. There are so many photographers who take advantage of girls in the cosplay community, and it makes the community even more dangerous for all the kids who join it. He doesn't seem like he's apologizing because he's changed, more like he's apologizing so that people will let him back into the community. 

https://www.facebook.com/Zekia.Rina/posts/654441634752884

Link to the status Aru.rinh made, if anyone wanted to read all of it. It's really long, which is why I didn't screen shot it. 

I agree, I think it's much better that people in the cosplay community keep a firm stance on it. The dude is shit and trying to blame mental illness for his actions. Mental illness might be why some things happened (though not really in the assault/harassment incidents), but that doesn't resolve him of all responsibility. 

I can't believe people are trying to defend him though, lol  How far up his ass do they have to be to think that he's actually changed? And why can't he just leave the cos community? Seems like he's just afraid that no other girls will want to talk to him other than the ones that cosplay. 

Posted (edited)

>"he's becoming a less shittier person"

That's not true at all. I'm not providing any receipts to protect my own identity and others but based off my knowledge and experience he's still pursuing Socal cos girls for photoshoots (without any intention of sending back photos) and is continuing to reach out to underage girls online. I'm not saying that's a crime but based off his history and his promise of staying out of the community as a way to atone for his actions and then BREAKING IT. I believe it's completely fair for Zekia, who's experiences Lin's harassment and was even called as one of his "premier girls", to warn other cosplayers in the community about this photographer. After all the cosplay community is filled with underage people. 

As for the hospital situation, the cosplayers who he tagged in his post haven't had any communications with him for a long time. He's just purely victimizing himself and blaming those named cosplayers for his isolation in the community. 

Edited by Simiao

Posted

>"he's becoming a less shittier person"

That's not true at all. I'm not providing any receipts to protect my own identity and others but based off my knowledge and experience he's still pursuing Socal cos girls for photoshoots (without any intention of sending back photos) and is continuing to reach out to underage girls online. I'm not saying that's a crime but based off his history and his promise of staying out of the community as a way to atone for his actions and then BREAKING IT. I believe it's completely fair for Zekia, who's experiences Lin's harassment and was even called as one of his "premier girls", to warn other cosplayers in the community about this photographer. After all the cosplay community is filled with underage people. 

As for the hospital situation, the cosplayers who he tagged in his post haven't had any communications with him for a long time. He's just purely victimizing himself and blaming those named cosplayers for his isolation in the community. 

When tf is this guy gonna stop? After all that people did to expose him, he's still doing the same shit? I think she's right in calling him out because honestly, if he doesn't learn a lesson from what happened, he's going to go nowhere in life. 

Whats a "premier girl"? Not familiar with the term :o 

Posted

When tf is this guy gonna stop? After all that people did to expose him, he's still doing the same shit? I think she's right in calling him out because honestly, if he doesn't learn a lesson from what happened, he's going to go nowhere in life. 

Whats a "premier girl"? Not familiar with the term :o 

In one of the screenshots where King got exposed, he called Aru.Rinh one of his "premier girls" and was using her name to lure other girls into shooting with him. I think the other "premier girls" that were named were cosplayprodigy and Larrybear. It's basically what King called the few popular girls that he took photos of at least once.

Posted

In one of the screenshots where King got exposed, he called Aru.Rinh one of his "premier girls" and was using her name to lure other girls into shooting with him. I think the other "premier girls" that were named were cosplayprodigy and Larrybear. It's basically what King called the few popular girls that he took photos of at least once.

Ohhhh got it! 

This thread kind of derailed into a King thread LMAO but overall, I think aru.rinh is doing the right thing and I support her 100%. Disgusting people need to be called out and dealt with accordingly. 

Posted

I hate being the person to just make claims and not back them up but I've hung with her group one time I didn't really know her just had mutual friends. When the King Lin drama was fresh she was talking about how he "should've killed himself" already. I was so shocked I understood her strong opinions on creeps like him but I felt that line was too far. She was so pretty so I guess I was under the illusion that she's super sweet? But people shouldn't have to fit their image. 

This was a recent candid of her. I think how she does her makeup really impacts her pics. She's really pretty in person too but not exactly like her pictures. I think it's a combination of makeup skills and photoshop.

IMG_4489.JPG

Posted

I hate being the person to just make claims and not back them up but I've hung with her group one time I didn't really know her just had mutual friends. When the King Lin drama was fresh she was talking about how he "should've killed himself" already. I was so shocked I understood her strong opinions on creeps like him but I felt that line was too far. She was so pretty so I guess I was under the illusion that she's super sweet? But people shouldn't have to fit their image. 

This was a recent candid of her. I think how she does her makeup really impacts her pics. She's really pretty in person too but not exactly like her pictures. I think it's a combination of makeup skills and photoshop.

IMG_4489.JPG

I agree if she said that, it would be too far, but I think without context and proof of what she said, it's hard to judge. 

I'm also having a hard time figuring out, but what's even going on in that picture? Her arm looks 3 times as big as it normally does.

Posted

I agree if she said that, it would be too far, but I think without context and proof of what she said, it's hard to judge. 

I'm also having a hard time figuring out, but what's even going on in that picture? Her arm looks 3 times as big as it normally does.

LMAO the dude behind her has his arms in the jacket too