• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

5104 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it just me or does he look creepier every time I see a picture of him?

It's probably because we know of his "business" and general shadiness. There have been studies that show if you dislike a person they seem less attractive to you. And he doesn't seem to be aging well. That hair is another story. It looks so frizzy and like it hasn't been in the vicinity of a hairdresser in quite while. Really unkempt.

Posted

It's probably because we know of his "business" and general shadiness. There have been studies that show if you dislike a person they seem less attractive to you. And he doesn't seem to be aging well. That hair is another story. It looks so frizzy and like it hasn't been in the vicinity of a hairdresser in quite while. Really unkempt.

Can you actually imagine him getting a proper makeover where they would took care of his hair, style and especially those glasses!  Yes, he would look his age but I would take that any day over a man who tries to look like a teenager in his 40's.

Posted

Are people really purchasing her clothing? I mean I'm sure some people have bought items but it's just odd that there aren't any tags for TOAT on instagram. The #toat is heavily saturated with tattoo posts and there aren't any tagged instagram posts on the toat instagram page. It seems odd to me. Wouldn't you be promoting satisfied customers?

Her clothing line is way overpriced. Who exactly is her demographic??

I'm just not into Taylor and this whole white, beige, black aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, I think the photos are lovely but theres something about it that makes me feel disconnected from who Taylor is and how she has promoted herself as a brand. Remember when she used to like color?  Is this some sort of midlife crises? Like as soon as you hit 30 you aren't allowed to like color anymore? To me, everything about TOAT is basic. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

Posted

To me, everything about TOAT is basic.

It seems she's trying to present herself as more mature and this is her interpretation of it. she also might take inspiration from the Kardashians, especially Kim who seems to wear exclusively neutral tones like this these days.

I'm asking myself who she has in mind with the clothes she has on her website. Has she made a proper business plan where she specified this? I wouldn't be too sure. Scrolling through the website reminds me of a Pinterest feed, kind of cluttered and all over the place. The overall layout seems so unrefined. I have a really hard time reading the articles.

Posted

The articles are barely literate.

Here is the opening of the one about mindful eating during the holidays:

"FOOD IS A BIG PART OF MANY HOLIDAYS TRADITIONS. IT'S THE THING MOST PEOPLE LOOK FORWARD TO (MYSELF INCLUDED) BECAUSE IT BRINGS A SENSE OF COMFORT, MEMORIES, AND FAMILY/FRIENDS TIME. AS YOU CURRENTLY MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH ALL OF THE MENUS AT RESTAURANTS, HOUSE PARTIES, OR YOUR PERSONAL FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SNACK COLLECTION AT HOME, HERE'S SOME SIMPLE TIPS TO EAT MORE MINDFULLY."

There are errors in every sentence.

Posted

The articles are barely literate.

Here is the opening of the one about mindful eating during the holidays:

"FOOD IS A BIG PART OF MANY HOLIDAYS TRADITIONS. IT'S THE THING MOST PEOPLE LOOK FORWARD TO (MYSELF INCLUDED) BECAUSE IT BRINGS A SENSE OF COMFORT, MEMORIES, AND FAMILY/FRIENDS TIME. AS YOU CURRENTLY MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH ALL OF THE MENUS AT RESTAURANTS, HOUSE PARTIES, OR YOUR PERSONAL FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SNACK COLLECTION AT HOME, HERE'S SOME SIMPLE TIPS TO EAT MORE MINDFULLY."

There are errors in every sentence.

I saw this on her story and fucking skipped as soon as I could. You're not a dietician or psychologist, Taylor — please don't advise people how to eat "mindfully.

Posted

Are people really purchasing her clothing? I mean I'm sure some people have bought items but it's just odd that there aren't any tags for TOAT on instagram. The #toat is heavily saturated with tattoo posts and there aren't any tagged instagram posts on the toat instagram page. It seems odd to me. Wouldn't you be promoting satisfied customers?

Her clothing line is way overpriced. Who exactly is her demographic??

I'm just not into Taylor and this whole white, beige, black aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, I think the photos are lovely but theres something about it that makes me feel disconnected from who Taylor is and how she has promoted herself as a brand. Remember when she used to like color?  Is this some sort of midlife crises? Like as soon as you hit 30 you aren't allowed to like color anymore? To me, everything about TOAT is basic. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

I think it's a lot of her "rich friends" that are buying it for now and people her husband knows. 

I don't have an issue with the non colors because of the seasons(of course you can add reds, oranges, ECT) we will see when the spring line comes out if she adds more colors. Personally I wasn't a fan of her Hong Kong fashion when she decided to cut her hair and I'm her age too. 

Posted

She branded herself as a lively adventurous woman yet her clothing is screaming the opposite. As well as her "blog". Opening a business is tough and not everyone can do it. So I give her credit for that. This is constructive criticism for her I hope she can read these comments and re-think her strategy. I think she's trying to be someone that she isn't and I want her to embrace who she really is because thats why 1 million people subscribed.  

Posted

She branded herself as a lively adventurous woman yet her clothing is screaming the opposite. As well as her "blog". Opening a business is tough and not everyone can do it. So I give her credit for that. This is constructive criticism for her I hope she can read these comments and re-think her strategy. I think she's trying to be someone that she isn't and I want her to embrace who she really is because thats why 1 million people subscribed.  

I agree but i also disagree because she always has been a copy of someone to the point we dont even know the real taylor

Posted

Just imagine if she actually went through with that food nutrition/dietician degree and posted great advice on her website. (sorry I can’t quite remember what is was please correct me)

Posted

Just imagine if she actually went through with that food nutrition/dietician degree and posted great advice on her website. (sorry I can’t quite remember what is was please correct me)

Oh God I don't really want to. She would try to make the next goop because she has never been known to think critically about things. I also suspect it would be some fake degree like the kind my aunt has so she can tell everyone that they're going to get cancer because they eat gluten. 

Posted (edited)

gosh, I had a look at toat. And Taylor and Nathalie have a "books that moved me" or something like that list. Nathalie's is a list of really good novels with some actual thought put into why she likes them and would recommend them. Taylor's list is some typical "go get 'em, boss babe" drivel. Imagine working for someone who reads that stuff exclusively and puts Steve Jobs quotes on her wall.

I'm not putting down books like that in general. I just find it weird that this is all she reads. It's not like she's got that much to do. She could really spend some time nourishing her mind instead of jumping on odd trends that she's not really THAT interested in... (K pop, anyone?)

I always find it disappointing that these would-be leaders don't put any thought into anything. 

Edited by Vivienne

Posted (edited)

@Vivienne

In her defense, she posted about reading the Tattooist of Auschwitz - given she actually read it. But when she talked in a video about reading one of Gwyneth Paltrow's book concerning "eating clean" or something like that, my eyes rolled back so much, they actually spun. I wonder if she really can't look past this pseudo-sciency bs with jade eggs for your vag, magic stickers and overpriced vitamin powders. Natalie has had a real education, while Taylor never did. She finished high school. She probably has never learned how to dig deeper.

Edited by AppleGlitter

Posted

Taylor did go to university (albeit she never completed a degree). She was even studying nutrition at a tertiary level, which means she has the education to know better than to peddle a lot of the pseudo-science she's been attempting. However, considering that she seems to be frustrated and getting increasingly desperate in terms of trying for a baby, I understand why she does the things she does despite her knowing better. As much as we complain about her talking about pregnancy issues, she has been trying to get pregnant for 1+ year now so I can see why she'd try homeopathic stuff if conventional medicine didn't work for her (but my sympathy runs dry when she doesn't stick with whatever plans/ medication her doctors prescribe her... like c'mon try things for more than 2 months).

Also wanted to ask if we want a separate thread for articles/ clothing posted on TOAT? I'll also probably make a videos #3 thread soon, the current one is over 600 pages now.

Posted

I wonder id taylor watches/follows valeria lipovetsky? i feel like they produce similar content