• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

4929 posts in this topic

Posted

A bit late as a reaction to the apartment thing in the HK Tatler:

I really still hate how her light and cute office is now just this boring dark nook next to her bed.

And are they planning to move once they have kids? That apartment doesn't exactly scream kid friendly and they made a 4 bedroom into a 2 bedroom one. I guess since the guest bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, that can be the kids' room and bathroom? And Tom's office can be a second kid's room. But still, it just doesn't look homey and cosy.

Posted

A bit late as a reaction to the apartment thing in the HK Tatler:

I really still hate how her light and cute office is now just this boring dark nook next to her bed.

And are they planning to move once they have kids? That apartment doesn't exactly scream kid friendly and they made a 4 bedroom into a 2 bedroom one. I guess since the guest bedroom has an ensuite bathroom, that can be the kids' room and bathroom? And Tom's office can be a second kid's room. But still, it just doesn't look homey and cosy.

Imagine if they did. Another multi-million dollar purchase under their belt.

Posted

Imagine if they did. Another multi-million dollar purchase under their belt.

I'm not even begrudging them that. They have the money.

It's just weird to me that someone says "we really want to start a family", yet their home doesn't reflect that. It's just a stylish, magazine-ready, trendy apartment. It lacks personality.

And the other thing is the whole relatability. She's still trying to seem relatable and "hey fam, we did this together". When that's not really the case... Like even the hotel recommendations on her toat page are of hotels that most of her viewers cannot go to...

Posted

And the other thing is the whole relatability. She's still trying to seem relatable and "hey fam, we did this together". When that's not really the case... Like even the hotel recommendations on her toat page are of hotels that most of her viewers cannot go to...

This really stood out to me. I was looking through her articles about travel to Japan because I'm going next May, and was looking at some of the hotels she recommended. They were super pretty and I imagine would be awesome to stay at, but were all like $400 plus a night, on the low end. Now, I am a student so I have less disposable income, but even on family trips I've gone on, I can't imagine my parents booking something more than like $250 a night. And even that would be like a special occasion I would guess.

She has some cool stuff to show from her lifestyle due to her financial situation and I am interested in seeing what it would be like to have so much money, but most of her current viewers couldn't afford it, and since the article is supposed to be like a "travel guide", I think it would be nice if she included some ideas of cheaper places alongside the more expensive ones, even if she hadn't stayed there herself.

Posted

I'm not even begrudging them that. They have the money.

I don't think there's anything wrong with side eyeing what they do with their money to some extent on a gossip site. Especially since all of the MC stuff is out in the open. They want to sell the image of a hardworking self made couple when Tom has made his money off of questionable content and the beauty industry which is all about preying on insecurities for $$$, while promoting the western beauty standards of his wife anywhere he can in Asia. And Taylor has been riding the coattails of that for a long time all while defending him. Maybe they both got lucky and made smart decisions, but idk if they've done anything to warrant being multimillionaires that no one can question. This isn't Bill and Melinda Gates. They already have an apartment in one of the most expensive cities in NA just collecting dust.

This really stood out to me. I was looking through her articles about travel to Japan because I'm going next May, and was looking at some of the hotels she recommended. They were super pretty and I imagine would be awesome to stay at, but were all like $400 plus a night, on the low end. Now, I am a student so I have less disposable income, but even on family trips I've gone on, I can't imagine my parents booking something more than like $250 a night. And even that would be like a special occasion I would guess.

She has some cool stuff to show from her lifestyle due to her financial situation and I am interested in seeing what it would be like to have so much money, but most of her current viewers couldn't afford it, and since the article is supposed to be like a "travel guide", I think it would be nice if she included some ideas of cheaper places alongside the more expensive ones, even if she hadn't stayed there herself.

As much as people seemed to dislike how "fake" she seemed in Japan, it seemed like she was more mindful of including more affordable options. I think if she wants the whole toat brand to be successful, she will eventually have to give up the #relatable angle all together and go full goop or else risk alienating some of her fans.

Posted

I feel like Taylor is trying to pander to a more "upscale" audience with her new website (hence expensive hotel suggestions). But not only are her followers not in that age and/or financial bracket, but she also doesn't come off as upscale. Sure, she (her husband) has a lot of money, they have a nice apartment, but that's the extent of it. She isn't fancy. She isn't some super-model. She doesn't give off the air of someone who is upscale, mature, and elegant. The website doesn't come off to me as serious because of this and doesn't seem to fit with her or her other SM accounts. 

I can't imagine she'll stick with it since she tends to abandon Projects and I don't think she'll see as much success with it as she'd like. I find it difficult to take her seriously when there are already so many more elegant and better websites that do what she is trying to do, just better.

Posted

Taylor confirmed in her insta stories that there will be no vlogmas this year. I kind of expected it anyway :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Yeah... That "lower end" price per night is what I paid per month for my room while I studied and worked in Tokyo... There's a bit of a difference in Taylor's and my standards, I guess :D

Same with Paris. Whenever she shows her hotels and restaurants here, I am never able to relate, having to make due with two researchers' salaries in a city that is way too expensive for us :D

I used to feel so sad about my life compared to Taylor's, because I saw her videos of the two places that relate to my life (Paris and Tokyo) and felt like I was failing at life, because I am not living like that. She always looked so "fairy tale character" like, big eyes and smiles and everything is shiny and great. On the other hand, I've only done 2 stays of 2-3 months each in Tokyo and one in Kyoto and I can easily maintain a conversation in Japanese and have some wonderful real life friends at the two universities I worked at and chamber music clubs I participated in. That counts for something ;). I don't look like a fairy tale character. But neither does Taylor anymore, since her editing style changed.

Now, if my fiance and I work hard enough, fam, I'm sure we can turn our (by now comfortable, but not luxurious) life into a fairy tale of huge concrete wall apartments on every continent! We can do this. Just believe in hard work \sarcasm (just a bit of side eye there)

I feel like Taylor is trying to pander to a more "upscale" audience with her new website (hence expensive hotel suggestions). But not only are her followers not in that age and/or financial bracket, but she also doesn't come off as upscale. Sure, she (her husband) has a lot of money, they have a nice apartment, but that's the extent of it. She isn't fancy. She isn't some super-model. She doesn't give off the air of someone who is upscale, mature, and elegant. The website doesn't come off to me as serious because of this and doesn't seem to fit with her or her other SM accounts. 

I can't imagine she'll stick with it since she tends to abandon Projects and I don't think she'll see as much success with it as she'd like. I find it difficult to take her seriously when there are already so many more elegant and better websites that do what she is trying to do, just better.

She might be. But it's difficult. Her audience probably isn't that rich (yet). She'd need to have a platform of people able to routinely afford such things.

The clothes reflect that a bit more. They are not cheap, but by no means even higher mid-range or even higher end either. However, there is no mention of the labels she got the clothes from, which means no way of checking who made them, where the materials were sourced, etc. I actually like a lot of the things, because they are versatile and could be sort of basic-ish pieces to have for many years. In those cases I would'n mind paying a bit more if I know they come from good, fair brands with decent tailoring. But there is no way of knowing.

They obviously will sell out fast, since she has a dedicated fan base, but I'm not sure how big her business can be from that alone.

Posted

I wonder if she is trying to be in that crowd to get more people involved iin her business or her husband's friends

Yeah... That "lower end" price per night is what I paid per month for my room while I studied and worked in Tokyo... There's a bit of a difference in Taylor's and my standards, I guess :D

Same with Paris. Whenever she shows her hotels and restaurants here, I am never able to relate, having to make due with two researchers' salaries in a city that is way too expensive for us :D

I used to feel so sad about my life compared to Taylor's, because I saw her videos of the two places that relate to my life (Paris and Tokyo) and felt like I was failing at life, because I am not living like that. She always looked so "fairy tale character" like, big eyes and smiles and everything is shiny and great. On the other hand, I've only done 2 stays of 2-3 months each in Tokyo and one in Kyoto and I can easily maintain a conversation in Japanese and have some wonderful real life friends at the two universities I worked at and chamber music clubs I participated in. That counts for something ;). I don't look like a fairy tale character. But neither does Taylor anymore, since her editing style changed.

Now, if my fiance and I work hard enough, fam, I'm sure we can turn our (by now comfortable, but not luxurious) life into a fairy tale of huge concrete wall apartments on every continent! We can do this. Just believe in hard work \sarcasm (just a bit of side eye there)

She might be. But it's difficult. Her audience probably isn't that rich (yet). She'd need to have a platform of people able to routinely afford such things.

The clothes reflect that a bit more. They are not cheap, but by no means even higher mid-range or even higher end either. However, there is no mention of the labels she got the clothes from, which means no way of checking who made them, where the materials were sourced, etc. I actually like a lot of the things, because they are versatile and could be sort of basic-ish pieces to have for many years. In those cases I would'n mind paying a bit more if I know they come from good, fair brands with decent tailoring. But there is no way of knowing.

They obviously will sell out fast, since she has a dedicated fan base, but I'm not sure how big her business can be from that alone.

Yeah her audience are people who think you can model in Japan and make a fortune one day. 🤦‍♀️

Posted

Yeah her audience are people who think you can model in Japan and make a fortune one day. 🤦‍♀️

Yea like... that's the problem, it doesn't matter who she tries to target her content towards, she already built a fanbase of young weebs who think anyone can model in Japan and live the life that she has.

Posted

I may not fit into Toats target audience but I really hope Taylor R keeps working hard for this business. I think its be a good back up for if YouTube doesn't work out not her.

Posted

She be lookin DIFFERENT today 😳

98149BCE-780D-4279-97B8-7CA42EDC01D5.png

Posted

I see the old Taylor and she looks beautiful. But omg how can someone morph their face so often? She has 1001 face shapes at this point.  

90DBDA06-8082-43DB-A5F5-2FA42526518E.thuC0361C0E-B99C-40F5-B429-862156669A33.thu

Posted

I see the old Taylor and she looks beautiful. But omg how can someone morph their face so often? She has 1001 face shapes at this point.  

90DBDA06-8082-43DB-A5F5-2FA42526518E.thu

She looks really nice in the second picture but imma be honest, the first one scared the shit out of me, when I was scrolling through insta. It looks like she's wearing a mask of her face. 😬 

Posted

I just wish she would stop over lining her lips.