• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

5171 posts in this topic

Posted

what I don't understand about taylor is, that she spends ton of money for an interior designer, fillers or clothes (some of them she wears only once) but doesn't spend a cent for a professional editor who does her business pictures. Or an expert who gives her advices for her business how to do things to look and be more professional. but well, she might think that her edit skills are expert level, who knows

Posted

I wonder if TOAT comes from Tom and Taylor 9_9 as in TO(m) (roly)AT.

Posted

Well....this is a train wreck

Posted (edited)

I wonder if TOAT comes from Tom and Taylor 9_9 as in TO(m) (roly)AT.

I read it as To a T, like "It fits to a t"

Taylor can hardly keep up on her lifestyle vlogs — how will she keep up with a whole business?

Edited by girlblunder

Posted

Omg I’m baffled at how TERRIBLE the marketing looks in those ig posts...is that seriously what her team decided was best? Especially for an announcement?? All the things you could ask for and approaching a professional designer wasn’t one of them?

I feel like it doesn’t match her, her style, and even the brand itself - based on the description. It’s dark and grungy and looks like some teenagers myspace edit. It’s just BAD. How disappointing.

Side note, the logo itself is cute.

Posted

what I don't understand about taylor is, that she spends ton of money for an interior designer, fillers or clothes (some of them she wears only once) but doesn't spend a cent for a professional editor who does her business pictures. Or an expert who gives her advices for her business how to do things to look and be more professional. but well, she might think that her edit skills are expert level, who knows

She never got someone to create her thumbnails either. I don't remember what her reason for that was but I bet it's the same reason she's doing her own marketing images now.

Considering how much she prefers to edit her stuff herself, she should think about picking up a graphic design course or something like that.

Posted

She never got someone to create her thumbnails either. I don't remember what her reason for that was but I bet it's the same reason she's doing her own marketing images now.

Considering how much she prefers to edit her stuff herself, she should think about picking up a graphic design course or something like that.

She should just take a course on marketing and graphic designing. She has the time and money to do it.

Posted (edited)

http://toat-shop.myshopify.com/ (it redirects to toat.com)

It's definitely going to be a store.

Any guesses on what she will be selling?

Edited by Couture
grammar

Posted

http://toat-shop.myshopify.com/ (it redirects to toat.com)

It's definitely going to be a store.

Any guesses on what she will be selling?

I posted in the general topic so I will quote it here:

It's a lifestyle magazine/webszine with a store, I'm going to assume either merchandise or related items to the blog

Had to create an account but googled her site and found a cached page online
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zJ2i4MBjiBgJ:https://toat.com/blogs/food/the-6-best-cafes-in-hong-kong+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Appears that her business is a lifestyle webzine? 

toat.jpg

Pretty boring concept if you ask me considering she could have done so many things, and if she's the only content creator it'll fall pretty flat as she's not incredibly knowledgeable in any of the topics above.

Posted (edited)

"Fashion, healthy recipes, travel guides, and more. Shop our curated collection from around Asia by Taylor R."
"We're toats excited to show you our newest items & articles!"

whoever is doing her SEO and web-build is NOT doing her any favours. 

Edited by girlblunder

Posted

"Fashion, healthy recipes, travel guides, and more. Shop our curated collection from around Asia by Taylor R."
"We're toats excited to show you our newest items & articles!"

whoever is doing her SEO and web-build is NOT doing her any favours. 

I think she mentioned in one of her vlogs she didn’t even know what SEO was before ‘launching her own business’. Looking at the screenshots from our little PULL detectives :alpacacrush: I see it as a great failure that will only make her more unhappy as she thinks she put a lot of effort into it.

If you’re not a fan of Taylor why would you chose her website or her store/website instead of Sassy Hong Kong, Goods of Desire, Lion Rock Press or TimeOut Hong Kong. These are just from the top of my head when it comes to similar English media. All of these are well done, have good concepts and proper teams working in marketing, design etc. After seeing the mashup collages she done before it’s even launched I wouldn’t even bother to sign up out of curiosity, because I’m not curious about it - it looks just so weird and not interesting.

Sorry Taylor, I wish you well but it’s a big no from me.

Posted

Taylor is completely reminding me of Annabelle Porter and Bloosh from Parks and Rec. She's going to be selling complete garbage at crazy prices and thinking she's some highly respected, intelligent, trendsetter. 

Out of all the businesses she could have created in the past few years why would she go with this. It's boring and seems unoriginal since this is what Tom does. It doesn't even seem like something she is passionate about, just something that fits into her current style. 

Now that I think about it I can't think of anything Taylor really seems passionate about except spending money...

Posted

"business" made it sound so big and serious, but this is like a hybrid between blogging and selling merch lol, both of which she has already done.

Is she going to write the articles herself I wonder? She's proven in the past she's bad at sticking to schedules, and who would take fashion advice from her?

I do like the "curated collection from Asia" though, I probably won't end up buying anything but I'm interested in seeing what she's going to be selling.

I wonder if this is going to appeal to anyone who doesn't already know Taylor from her YouTube channel.

Posted

I'll be honest, I don't know how well this concept would work for the market she's targeting in Asia, but where I'm from, this works pretty well and people eat this shit up.

Only problem is Tay isn't as relevant anymore, so why would people want to follow her style guides and taste?

Posted

"business" made it sound so big and serious, but this is like a hybrid between blogging and selling merch lol, both of which she has already done.

Is she going to write the articles herself I wonder? She's proven in the past she's bad at sticking to schedules, and who would take fashion advice from her?

I do like the "curated collection from Asia" though, I probably won't end up buying anything but I'm interested in seeing what she's going to be selling.

I wonder if this is going to appeal to anyone who doesn't already know Taylor from her YouTube channel.

I have the same question. From ththe photos she posted, it seems like this magazine really focuses on her brand. Maybe she wants this to belike O magazine but the difference is that Oprah actually worked hard for her stuff and did a ton of research about products and stuff while Taylor just tries to throw money at whatever strange things she can find in hopes that she will go viral. Taylor is not one to research anything really. Otherwise, there's no way she would have chosen to feature mostly her in a magazine ad that is supposedly not about her.