• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

5171 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I the only one who thinks that it sounds more like an excuse?!

sorry but my guess is that she didn't finish editing her vlog and made this post as an excuse

wouldn't be the first time that she said she is going to upload a video and it didn't happen

Posted

Honestly I think it's a wise decision if she doesn't film outside for a while after this vlog, because yea people go to her channel to escape the realities of life, that's her entire appeal. If she goes out and either has to film the protests in the background or edit them out or even have hate comments say 'how are you enjoying yourself when the city is rioting', she might as well just not film outside.

If she was more tactical about this she'd do some in door DIY/ cooking videos for the next few weeks.

Posted

c) or because she's already explained she doesn't feel it's her place to start talking about HK politics?

I'm all in with calling this girl an airhead and greedy but I don't get why people require her to talk about politics. It's not her place. She has many underage kids that she influences, she shouldn't talk about politics. I don't think any influencer should talk about things that can actually have an effect on peoples lives casually and just to take a stand.

Taylor isn't one to tell others how to feel about this. Please don't expect or pressure her to give an opinion on this. It's not her place.

But we also teach politics in schools. this isnt a left vs right question but about people vs the goverment. by making that instagram story she is already influencing her audience? 

Posted (edited)

I don't really care if she talks about politics. I find this kind of posting sort of fake though. That's all. She doesn't need to discuss the intricacies of it, but her few words and reactions are so frustratingly vague and empty. Last time, a bear with a broken heart ("it's hurting again"); now the broken heart emoji. What does that even mean, Taylor? This is about freedom and violence and tyranny and many other things: why post as if someone broke up with you or you're missing a friend? It's so weird. People have been injured and have committed suicide. This reaction to it is baffling. 

I wonder why they are in HK at all in the summer. If I had both Canadian and HK condos, I'd be in Canada for the summer, absolutely.

Edited by bountyhunter

Posted

I don't really care if she talks about politics. I find this kind of posting sort of fake though. That's all. She doesn't need to discuss the intricacies of it, but her few words and reactions are so frustratingly vague and empty. Last time, a bear with a broken heart ("it's hurting again"); now the broken heart emoji. What does that even mean, Taylor? This is about freedom and violence and tyranny and many other things: why post as if someone broke up with you or you're missing a friend? It's so weird. People have been injured and have committed suicide. This reaction to it is baffling. 

I wonder why they are in HK at all in the summer. If I had both Canadian and HK condos, I'd be in Canada for the summer, absolutely.

I think she might've just posted it because a lot of people seem to expect a comment regarding HK's situation right now, but simultaneously she couldn't say much because people get angry when influencers talk politics.

Personally I'd rather not have her get political but I know not everyone agrees.

c) or because she's already explained she doesn't feel it's her place to start talking about HK politics?

I'm all in with calling this girl an airhead and greedy but I don't get why people require her to talk about politics. It's not her place. She has many underage kids that she influences, she shouldn't talk about politics. I don't think any influencer should talk about things that can actually have an effect on peoples lives casually and just to take a stand.

Taylor isn't one to tell others how to feel about this. Please don't expect or pressure her to give an opinion on this. It's not her place.

agreed!

Posted

Also it could hurt Tom's business if she did take a stance and really nothing would be accomplished. At the same time the emoji post does nothing and I also don't think she should go into politics with her channel. Even if she does feel bad for the situation, she will go back to her normal day. 

Posted

Also it could hurt Tom's business if she did take a stance and really nothing would be accomplished. At the same time the emoji post does nothing and I also don't think she should go into politics with her channel. Even if she does feel bad for the situation, she will go back to her normal day. 

?? What else is she supposed to do?

Posted

?? What else is she supposed to do?

Do nothing at this point 🤷‍♀️ it's almost as pointless as sending thoughts and prayers. 

Posted

She has the luxury of not caring about the situation, so walking the fence in a vague "oh how sad" state really annoys me. It's a little like how Trump said there were fine people on both sides of a white supremacy rally & the people who protested it. 

Do you remember when she suddenly cared and got sad because a guy shot up an Ariana Grande concert? That was during her Ariana skinwalking phase, so she had to talk and cry about it. Nevermind all the other things going on in the world, other shootings, stabbings. Shooting at a white teen singer's concert? Have to react appropriately. #relatable #thoughtsandprayers #lifeissoshort #especiallymydogslife 

Posted

I wonder ... 🤔

Screenshot_20190903-092016.png

Posted

But we also teach politics in schools. this isnt a left vs right question but about people vs the goverment. by making that instagram story she is already influencing her audience? 

We are also taught stuff about religions, sex and math in school and I still don't want Taylor to cover those topics. What do you want her to say? There isn't anything she can say! And no, she isn't influencing her audience by posting "*sadface/heart* HK" in her story. She's telling how she feels about it. If she was influencing she would be telling people to go and riot OR telling people to let the government just take over. That is influencing to action and she shouldn't do it. By telling her fans she's feeling sad and disheartened over the situation people can still form their own believes and feeling about it.

She has the luxury of not caring about the situation, so walking the fence in a vague "oh how sad" state really annoys me. It's a little like how Trump said there were fine people on both sides of a white supremacy rally & the people who protested it. 

Do you remember when she suddenly cared and got sad because a guy shot up an Ariana Grande concert? That was during her Ariana skinwalking phase, so she had to talk and cry about it. Nevermind all the other things going on in the world, other shootings, stabbings. Shooting at a white teen singer's concert? Have to react appropriately. #relatable #thoughtsandprayers #lifeissoshort #especiallymydogslife 

Oh my god. Just because she cared for teenager being shot and said nothing of other shootings does not mean she doesn't care about the other shootings. You are acting like Onision and that is low.

Posted

OK, sorry, just expressing an opinion. I'll let it go now. 

Posted

Posted

Ugh, this hat...those shoes....

Posted (edited)

why does it look  lowkey like shes trying  to dress like blackpink. I'm probs reaching but ndndgvbnb

Edited by Yeji