• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

5129 posts in this topic

Posted

From Taylor's Instagram

Screenshot_2019-08-27-11-38-26.png

Screenshot_2019-08-28-10-44-08.png

Posted

I don't even have an IG and I have to roll my eyes at all the free stuff she gets. As if Taytay can't buy her own makeup and oat milk. The rich get free stuff; they do literally nothing to get richer (Taylor is honestly a terrible promoter). This phenomenon starts to really grate on me. But that's IG 'influencer' BS, I guess. I can't wait for the whole platform to collapse under its own corrupt and selfish weight.

I wish Taylor would take a stand against this kind of culture, since she doesn't need the free products or the money, but she's too vain & attention-starved. It must be great to get boxes of makeup worth $500 while producing no content whatsoever. Moreover, none of this stuff is good for her acne-prone skin. She had the right idea in the beginning: cetaphil, basic dermatologist-recommended products. Oil-free stuff. She needed an eye cream, but her early skin care videos were OKish. Then she got sucked into promoting skincare while simultaneously being "real" about her acne struggles. Why not go to acne.org or reddit or makeupalley and try a recommended program for a few months? You can't shill for benefit or random skincare while having horrible breakouts! 

Imagine how many old bottles of foundation and skincare she has lying around. It takes me forever to finish a jar of moisturizer or bottle of makeup, and I wear both most days.

Posted

I don't even have an IG and I have to roll my eyes at all the free stuff she gets. As if Taytay can't buy her own makeup and oat milk. The rich get free stuff; they do literally nothing to get richer (Taylor is honestly a terrible promoter). This phenomenon starts to really grate on me. But that's IG 'influencer' BS, I guess. I can't wait for the whole platform to collapse under its own corrupt and selfish weight.

I wish Taylor would take a stand against this kind of culture, since she doesn't need the free products or the money, but she's too vain & attention-starved. It must be great to get boxes of makeup worth $500 while producing no content whatsoever. Moreover, none of this stuff is good for her acne-prone skin. She had the right idea in the beginning: cetaphil, basic dermatologist-recommended products. Oil-free stuff. She needed an eye cream, but her early skin care videos were OKish. Then she got sucked into promoting skincare while simultaneously being "real" about her acne struggles. Why not go to acne.org or reddit or makeupalley and try a recommended program for a few months? You can't shill for benefit or random skincare while having horrible breakouts! 

Imagine how many old bottles of foundation and skincare she has lying around. It takes me forever to finish a jar of moisturizer or bottle of makeup, and I wear both most days.

re: the free skin care. I thought the exact same thing. It takes three months for you to notice a full change in your skin/hair/nails. She hardly sticks to anything long enough to see a proper result.

Posted

IMG_20190831_134114.thumb.jpg.a01c044417

IMG_20190831_134215.thumb.jpg.899b61d67b

She seems impulsive? I'm surprised she got bangs again after it took so long to grow them out.

Posted

Meh at this point I just want her to do something with her life than worry about her bangs

Posted

Its a shame that someone with her wealth who’s receiving hundreds of dollars worth of cosmetics and skin care isnt donating them to a charity or halfway house etc. Obviously makeup etc won’t change the life of someone down on their luck but it would be a nice “pick me up” at least.  Also she’s a YOUTUBER?? Start doing giveaways. No one needs 40 lipsticks or 15 different makeup primers. 

Posted

Its a shame that someone with her wealth who’s receiving hundreds of dollars worth of cosmetics and skin care isnt donating them to a charity or halfway house etc. Obviously makeup etc won’t change the life of someone down on their luck but it would be a nice “pick me up” at least.  Also she’s a YOUTUBER?? Start doing giveaways. No one needs 40 lipsticks or 15 different makeup primers. 

Tbh it doesn’t seem like she gets as much stuff as certain beauty gurus who’s boxes of free stuff keeps pilling up. But I do think she could be doing giveaways. I always thought it’s a nice thank you gesture to fans. 

Posted

Not gonna lie, if I was in her position I'd wanna try and use it all too. Although considering she's an airhead, the possibility of donating some probably hasn't even crossed her mind.

Posted

Not gonna lie, if I was in her position I'd wanna try and use it all too. Although considering she's an airhead, the possibility of donating some probably hasn't even crossed her mind.

I wonder if there's issues with donating stuff like skin care products? I don't know if a lot charities take that bc I always see the main things being asked for are food/ toiletries/ clothes/ books etc.

She could donate clothes/ bags/ shoes etc., or even hold auctions via her YT/ Insta for people to bid on them for a low(ish) price on stuff she doesn't need/ want and then just give the bidding money to charity.

Posted

Screenshot_2019-09-01-12-20-39.png

Screenshot_2019-09-01-12-20-45.png

Posted

I wonder if there's issues with donating stuff like skin care products? I don't know if a lot charities take that bc I always see the main things being asked for are food/ toiletries/ clothes/ books etc.

She could donate clothes/ bags/ shoes etc., or even hold auctions via her YT/ Insta for people to bid on them for a low(ish) price on stuff she doesn't need/ want and then just give the bidding money to charity.

I know certain places would for secret santa stuff but not on a regular basis and not sure for hong kong either. I agree with the other post, I would use it pr give it to a friend.

Posted

Screenshot_2019-09-01-12-20-39.png

Screenshot_2019-09-01-12-20-45.png

I'm so sick of her addressing huge world issues like this. She doesn't want to take a stand or have an opinion on what's going on, so she posts an exhausted emoji paired with a broken heart. "HK, I'm sad. Why? Well it wouldn't be good for my popularity if I said why. So just accept my vague trite emojis."

It would be better if she didn't post anything than to post things like this. It actually infuriates me. This is calculated. Look, fans, Queen Taylor addressed the situation by not saying which side she's on. But oh, how heartbreaking it is!!

Posted

she is probably not taking a stance because a. she is dumb and rich and doesnt care about democracy and b. she wouldt get any brand deals from chinese brands

Posted

she is probably not taking a stance because a. she is dumb and rich and doesnt care about democracy and b. she wouldt get any brand deals from chinese brands

c) or because she's already explained she doesn't feel it's her place to start talking about HK politics?

I'm all in with calling this girl an airhead and greedy but I don't get why people require her to talk about politics. It's not her place. She has many underage kids that she influences, she shouldn't talk about politics. I don't think any influencer should talk about things that can actually have an effect on peoples lives casually and just to take a stand.

Taylor isn't one to tell others how to feel about this. Please don't expect or pressure her to give an opinion on this. It's not her place.