• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

4621 posts in this topic

Posted

I don’t think it’s a weird way to end the tribute. It sounded like she was on her way to see him and didn’t get there in time and it’s really messing with her. Yes, he had other grandkids and great grandkids that he got to see very often, but Taylor was close to them and lived so far away so he probably googled her to see her one last time. She finding comfort that she was able to ‘be there’ without being there. 

Posted

From Taylor's Instagram

Posted (edited)

It’s 28C/82F with 74% humidity in Hong Kong right now - how can she wear sweaters in such weather?

As for what she wrote about not being in the mood for shooting, it’s pretty understandable, but cynical me wonders if that’s just excuse to herself? What I mean is we all lose people dear to us, but we still have to go to work as usual, even if we get few days off. If she would treat YT seriously (or her income depended on it) she was would edit older videos or something. On the other hand, YT is more about creativity which can be lower when you’re upset, but then a lot of other jobs depend on ones creativity.

i don’t know how to feel about it, but I wish her all the best to pass through this period.

Edited by bongocat
typo

Posted

As for what she wrote about not being in the mood for shooting, it’s pretty understandable, but cynical me wonders if that’s just excuse to herself? What I mean is we all lose people dear to use, but we still have to go to work as usual, even if we get few days off. If she would treat YT seriously (or her income depended on it) she was would edit older videos or something. On the other hand, YT is more about creativity which can be lower when you’re upset, but then a lot of other jobs depend on ones creativity.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.. Like I know how hard it is to lose a family member. But I personally think she should be careful not to dwell into that feeling for too long. It's sad and it hurts, but you get over it cause you have your own life to live and bills to pay. I hope she toughens up a little. I guess it also just fascinates me how she can drop everything since she's able to treat YT as a hobby, while other super hardworking youtubers would be in struggling if they didn't upload for a month. Not that I'd want her to make a video cause I don't care, but she could easily make a boring vlog of herself sitting at home and people would be happy to see her and support her and I think that would be good for her.

Posted

vr6NBG0.png

Finally!! I hope she gets a more natural color. I have the feeling  she will go for black xD

Posted

Finally!! I hope she gets a more natural color. I have the feeling  she will go for black xD

Omg I'm so excited!! Hoping for a medium brown

Posted

her new hair color is so pretty. such a nice change from the platinum!! 

Posted

her new hair color is so pretty. such a nice change from the platinum!! 

Is there a pic of her new hair already?

Posted

Is there a pic of her new hair already?

Screenshot_20190426-124249_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Screenshot_20190426-124249_Instagram.jpg

She looks so nice with this hair color!

Posted

Shes almost glowing with it

Posted

new color looks AMAZING. but why is her hair all up in her face?

Posted

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.. Like I know how hard it is to lose a family member. But I personally think she should be careful not to dwell into that feeling for too long. It's sad and it hurts, but you get over it cause you have your own life to live and bills to pay. I hope she toughens up a little. I guess it also just fascinates me how she can drop everything since she's able to treat YT as a hobby, while other super hardworking youtubers would be in struggling if they didn't upload for a month. Not that I'd want her to make a video cause I don't care, but she could easily make a boring vlog of herself sitting at home and people would be happy to see her and support her and I think that would be good for her.

I get the very distinct impression that Taylor has been fortunate enough in her life not to have experienced the loss of a loved one before. I'm not sure about her Nana's husband (if he is alive and they separated, for example), but the way she is responding to the loss of her grandfather makes me think she has not lost a loved one before, at least not as an adult who has a full grasp on what death means. Not making an excuse, just an observation based on her behavior.

As an aside, that hair color looks fantastic on her and suits her WAY more than the platinum blonde.

Posted (edited)

I get the very distinct impression that Taylor has been fortunate enough in her life not to have experienced the loss of a loved one before. I'm not sure about her Nana's husband (if he is alive and they separated, for example), but the way she is responding to the loss of her grandfather makes me think she has not lost a loved one before, at least not as an adult who has a full grasp on what death means. Not making an excuse, just an observation based on her behavior.

As an aside, that hair color looks fantastic on her and suits her WAY more than the platinum blonde.

I think it's still a bit off. She keeps choosing winter tones when she seems to be more of a summer I think. Then again, it's hrd to tell what coloring she has with her foundation... definitely a strp in the right direction and she looks younger with a darker color

Edited by Sugi

Posted

I think it's still a bit off. She keeps choosing winter tones when she seems to be more of a summer I think. Then again, it's hrd to tell what coloring she has with her foundation... definitely a strp in the right direction and she looks younger with a darker color

Yeah it seems a bit cool for her, tone wise, but it's closer to her natural color, at least.

I think she'd kill it as a brunette, myself.